Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Associated Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Associated Trucks

I'm looking to upgrade from my original RC10T. I want something with less miles, and that can handle the Brushless system I just bought.
I've read that the RC10T4 will handle it with out a worry. What about the T2 or T3? Obviously cheaper, but will they handle the power? They seem slightly "rare", will parts be a problem?

I haven't found any decent associated forums, so I figured I'd ask here. I tried RC10B4.com, but there is no traffic, and nothing good related to the older trucks.

I've been a huge fan of associated, which is why I'm not looking at the run of the mill traxxas bashers.
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2008, 09:07 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I would stick with the T4... Like you said, parts support will be much better with that than an older model. If you're going to put a brushless system in there, you're gonna want parts support.
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I am also an Associated fan. I ran the T3 then the T4 when it came out. Parts availability is the only reason I would get the T4 over the T3. I think the T3 is a tougher truck. But the T4 does have a larger ball diff that would better handle the horsepower. Both are good but my T4 was kinda fragile for a brushless basher, IMHO of course Have you looked at the HPI E-Firestorm? HPI E-Firestorm, Who's tried it?
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:34 AM   #4
Official Cook of the ECC

I run a T4 with a Mamba 7700 setup and also have an RC10GT2.

Haven't had any problems with my T4 as far as durability. Only problem I have is keepin' it off it's lid. The Mamba rips.

I club race my stuff so they get run pretty hard. We have doubles, triples, quads and tabletops to navigate at my local track. Very nice setup.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

After a lot of years crawling I just recently put my T3 back together after gutting the tranny for a crawler build(which never happened, please AX10 tranny's are too easy) It's a strong truck. Though I don't know much about brushless I bet it would handle it fine.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, I bought a used T4 and put the mamba max and 5700 in it. I've run it pretty hard, but have not put the 12t pinion on it yet. That was what was breaking the RC10T... 12t pinion and paddle tires. The t4 runs a 19t pinion and dirt hawgs (?)... clocked at 43mph, but doesn't wheely like the paddles and 12t on the old truck. I think it's a happy medium... more than enough speed for where I run. Already rolled it after hitting a rock at full-speed.... bent a link and stripped the servo... no other damage.
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Hey

The T4 is awsome, I we two in the fleet and a B4.

They are no where near as tough as a T3 or a Rusty, but the '4' trannies are some of the best I have ever run on anything.

They will absolutely take the power of a brushless.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:42 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

T4, MM, 7700. No problems with the tranny. Associated has they're own forum. http://www.aeforums.co.uk/forum/
fatbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

good Associated forum: www.rc10talk.com
Pete from Houston is offline   Reply With Quote