Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: *non crawling - mini-t - motor help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #1

Default *non crawling - mini-t - motor help

hey guys, my brothers mini wont turn on, brand new batterys, last time i used it the motor burned out, whats a good motor for it for like under 50 bucks? thanks, Matt
always eating mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #2

oh btw, he also lost the stock shocks and the gear that goes on the motor shaft (name?) if you guys know were i can get this all in one stop it would be appreciated!
Old 05-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #3

Well the gear on the motor shaft is called a pinion and Team Losi sells packs of 3.

For shocks pick up some Team Losi Oil Shocks...they're nice.

The Team Losi Speed Motor is a decent motor that can be had for under $20. Reedy makes some nice ones that will run you around $40-50 though. They are rebuildable which is always a plus...when you use the Team Losi speed motor after around 30 runs it starts to die-with the Reedy ones you get a comm cut and new springs/brushes and its good as new.
|maniac| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #4

thanks, i'll go to my local shop tomorrow, if the motor was shot, would it still turn on? when i hit the switch to on it dosnt make the little noise anymore, think the esc is shot? im glad im learnin shit with this befor emy ax-10 gets here!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by always eating mud View Post
thanks, i'll go to my local shop tomorrow, if the motor was shot, would it still turn on? when i hit the switch to on it dosnt make the little noise anymore, think the esc is shot? im glad im learnin shit with this befor emy ax-10 gets here!

anyone?
Old 05-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Plug the motor directly into the battery for a second. If it's not shot, it'll spin up real fast (careful doing this!). I don't own a mini-t, but generally on most electric r/c's, the little noise is the esc firing up, not the motor (motor only makes sounds when rotating, even then it's overshadowed by a lot of other noises in the car). Check your esc, make sure it's wired up right, make sure your batteries are charged up (if you're still using AAs, ditch them for a battery pack, way more economical in the long run).
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote