Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Traxxas Summit a good rock crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Traxxas Summit a good rock crawler?

From the vids I've seen it does pretty well over the rocks but it seems geared too fast even in low gear. Plus the COG looks rather tall.
Any owners or people seen one run on some serious rock crawling attempts and care to comment?

Wonder if there will be aftermarket crawling tires made for this vehicle. Adding wheel weights may help it too I'd guess.
VeryBumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I've messed with mine on the rocks alot. The low gear is good for crawling because it still allows wheelsspeed. In stock form the cog is still high but that comes from the body more than the rig, you can lower it almost an inch makeing two small cuts on the body. The wheels do need additional weight in the front but the stock tires are very respectable when crawling, they are just a little too wide if you were going to compete with them. If you arent into all out competing its a great rig to bash and crawl with. Its still legal in the super class pending the 2009 rules on wheelbase. The only thing you might have to change eventually is the stock esc doesnt have any drag brake.

I bought mine to mod for the super class and still be able to bash around with it when waiting to run at comps and it works really well for that!
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:42 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I've crawled experimentally with my E-Revo and have been pretty impressed for what it could do, even with open diff and stock Talons on black chrome Gemini rims. It did do even better with the Titan 775 and a spool in the front until it broke the spool last weekend
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CasM0gbt7U4&NR=1

It's doing pretty darn well in this video. Nice crawling!!!
VeryBumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

they crawl surprisingly well but could not do as well as a straight axle truck..independant suspention has limited capabilities, haveing said that i was pretty impressed with my buds and the tires are not too bad either
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Its an O.K. crawler. The tires are pretty soft though. Mines has small puncture's in the sidewall from doing some crawling.

IMO, the summit is a good, friendly kind of "gamblers bracket" truck for after the comps.
Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #7

i personally tested this truck, but the package included you cant beat it. it does everything, you can crawl and shift into a mudder, then shift again into a gung ho truck. im sold.
yzfrone is offline   Reply With Quote