Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: HawnMT's Redcat Ground Pounder by CPE Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 02:07 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Had the GP out for our RCMTC-HI race series yesterday. During the racing I didn't do any full speed runs at the ramps but I was running her much harder than the last race. Still having signal problems with the TQ 2.4 system so I lost the signal a few times during racing.

Good news is the housings with the Bonder held up perfectly. After the races I went at the ramps even harder as I was trying to find how much the housing could take. I went at the ramps real hard and even aero braked hard and nose dived onto the front. The housings held up just fine and so I just kept going. I did about ten passes up and down the ramps with no brekage. Our next race is in two weeks at it'll be the last time I'll be racing the Digger (my "CAT" TXT will be coming back after that) so I'll be "going fo broke" at that race with the GP. Here's some pics:

hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: HawnMT's Redcat Ground Pounder by CPE Review

Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but what paint did you use on the chassis to make it "digger green"? Any other prep besides sanding and priming?

Thanks!
cheesefart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

I honestly can't remember. What I do remember is that it was automotive spray paint from an auto store. I had a really hard time finding neon paint. Back in the 90s it was everywhere but now it's nonexistent. That neon green paint you see at Walmart won'y do....

btw I baked the paint in for durability.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

some updated pics:

Old 03-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #25

Looks like this is a bit old but i just descovered this truck and am really thinking of picking one up. Any more news on the truck, has redcat made any changes to it? How has the truck been in the long haul vs say a clod or txt. I have a jug/txt witch has been a tank rarely have a problem with it. Bought a wheelie king for my kid and that thing breaks all the time fun little truck but kinda flimsy.
To me it looks like theres room for another motor in there anyone try that? Id like to keep the speeds down for realistic reasons 6-10mph would be 60-100mph in scale, but would like enuf power to do a standing start wheelie. Could i pull that off with just a slightly hotter motor 17T or something?
zodicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Gonna try to bring this thread back to life. I just got a Ground Pounder new chassis with axles and everything so I just need wheels and tires and electrics and of course a body. I'm going Grave Digger with the green chassis just like in this thread. Going to have red headlights and lights on the sponsor decals and maybe a couple inside the chassis to glow through the windows. It's gonna be a show truck ore than anything else. No HUGE jumps so I'm not too worried about durability, but I would not mind installing some axle braces if I could find someone to make me some. I'm not experienced at metal fabrication. Right now I need to get a radio with 4WS, might get a DX3C. Going to go brushed with the motor. Probably an AE-2 or stock GP ESC with an Axial 27T motor, or maybe a 35T motor, nothing exotic. I have the wheels ordered, looking for a deal on clodbuster tires. Right now here are my questions. Do I need foams in the tires and what are the best adaptors to get to fit the clod wheels. There are so many I am confused what will fit. I see 12mm to clod, but isn't it better to just get rid of the 12mm plastic hex and get one that has a pin to clod wheel adaptor?

And I'm going with the Parma 1/8 scale Grave Digger body. How hard is it to get those decals on the front curved surface? I don't see that going well. I want it to look good.

Last edited by shahram72; 07-19-2014 at 10:48 PM.
shahram72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Right now here are my questions. Do I need foams in the tires and what are the best adaptors to get to fit the clod wheels. There are so many I am confused what will fit. I see 12mm to clod, but isn't it better to just get rid of the 12mm plastic hex and get one that has a pin to clod wheel adaptor?

And I'm going with the Parma 1/8 scale Grave Digger body. How hard is it to get those decals on the front curved surface? I don't see that going well. I want it to look good.
If you run stock Clod tires you will not need foams but some other aftermarket tires you may. CPE sells a specific adapter to run Clod rims on a GP axle but it also widen the setup. I can only tell you from my experience with the GP that the hex adapters work better because the the pin on the stub shaft sits pretty far from the knuckle (the stock hex is wide and the pin sits deep in it) so it's a gamble trying to find a pin adapter that will sit right(although I haven't really looked all that hard).

Some people can work with the Parma flames on the GD bodies but it's not easy. It's become popular to paint the flames on the front for a cleaner look.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #28

I know this is old but it's one of the top results via Google search for ground pounder. If you have lost a spring cup and have noticed that Redcat does not sell one, the associated rc8b3 spring cups fit the stock shocks/springs perfectly.
osteologation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:15 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteologation View Post
I know this is old but it's one of the top results via Google search for ground pounder. If you have lost a spring cup and have noticed that Redcat does not sell one, the associated rc8b3 spring cups fit the stock shocks/springs perfectly.

Lost a cup yesterday. This is very helpful thanks from the future. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SlagMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:54 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

i have a ground pounder collecting some shelf dust right now, i have plans for a drive train swap! It should scoot well when i finish it up...
SIK_BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:05 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK_BOY View Post
i have a ground pounder collecting some shelf dust right now, i have plans for a drive train swap! It should scoot well when i finish it up...
Following

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
jakemaxwell806 is offline   Reply With Quote