Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: question about going brush less on an rc18t

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default question about going brush less on an rc18t

I have a 1/18th rc18t roller that needs work and was thinking about going brushless,but dont want to spend a small fortune on a mamba etc for the use its going to get.Are there other brush less systems under different names that may be cheaper?I have no experience when it comes to buying brush less,hence the questions,and help would be appreciated
kuatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

There are alot on ebay from China. You can get a god bit of info on www.hyperminis.com as well as the toyz forums too. You can pick up a Dynomite C4 motor and speedo for cheep like I did with mine. Hope this helps.
WrenchHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Just remember you get what you pay for... if you get a cheap brushless it is going to perform as a cheap brushless... not as well as the expensive one... it is all the same in brushed and brushless. I bought a brushess system from valuehobby and it works but it's performance was not even close to a novak system I had to buy later.
norbyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbyx View Post
Just remember you get what you pay for... if you get a cheap brushless it is going to perform as a cheap brushless... not as well as the expensive one... it is all the same in brushed and brushless. I bought a brushess system from valuehobby and it works but it's performance was not even close to a novak system I had to buy later.
I fully understand,this is just going to be used when the kids are over that dont want to run the crawlers in the back yard course,just trying to keep them all happy.Most of the local kids come for the crawlers that I have built for them to use,but there are are few that would like to go faster so I picked up a couple used cr18t and a mini e-revo to keep them happy.This is the second year since I started with a couple rigs and a few kids,but once word gets around,it always ends up being more,so some can crawl and others can run the buggies while they wait.We live out in nowhere land on the Atlantic East coast and not much to do those this gives them an opportunity to try something that I as a kid never had and it keeps them out of trouble.I laugh and tell my wife that by doing this ,maybe it will make up for some of the bad stuff I done as a young kid many years ago...
Old 06-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
I joined the Band!

go with mamba 25 if you can get a hold of one and the 9000kv motor. i had that on mine when i had it, and it would do over 50!
crawlinnTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:43 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Whats the going rate for a used system with the motor for the mamba 25?
Old 06-25-2010, 01:57 AM   #7
I joined the Band!

http://ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110875
crawlinnTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I got a reedy set up from tower hobbies in mine. $70 and works great. Check it out Team Associated 18R Subaru Drifter

Last edited by nascarkeith; 06-25-2010 at 09:18 PM.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

http://www.b-p-p.com/product.php?pro...9&cat=0&page=1

This is the cheapest place I've found for a mamba. I bought my original mamba way back when the mini-t was the only mini on the block. Anyone else remember the video of a brushless mini-t pulling wheelies on a golf green? Haven't been the same since.
NeoNeoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

That is a great price,I just picked up a complete new Turigy 4400kv,Brushless ESC 18A w/ Reverse and a program card for a price I would be crazy to pass on,all brand new.Will see how it works,being my first time brushless,if I fry it,then not a big lose.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4198
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...verse_programm.
https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...ogramming_Card
Old 03-11-2012, 03:35 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Default Re: question about going brush less on an rc18t

I know this is digging up a very old thread but I have to state that just because a brushless system is cheap price wise does NOT mean it is performance wise. I have a $35 Toro brushless system on one of my Rc18t,and a $100 mamba system on another.The Toro system out performs the mamba by a long shot. I am out running brushless 1/10th scale slashes with a $35 brushless system in an rc18t.
jessejoe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Default Re: question about going brush less on an rc18t

Oh and if I'm at half throttle and punch it,it will pick the front tires up off the ground. I need to add some spoilers to keep the thing planted.....I have 18mt tires on it right now and at full speed they just about double in size. I'm going to put 1/10 touring tires in it and do a top speed run....
jessejoe23 is offline   Reply With Quote