Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Monster Beetle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Monster Beetle

Thought I should start a thread on this one since ill be doing a bunch of work to it.
I reacently aquired this Tamiya Monster Beetle basher (replacement for the one that was stolen years ago) bodie was mangled, But I got another damaged one & have made the 2 into 1 usable one. maby later down the road Ill buy a new body. Hitec radio equiptment, Futoba FP-S148 servo, Speed Gems Pro Amber with heat sink, LRP Indy 200 speed control, Custom made alum shock mounts. rear bumper is of a radio shack buggy. (needed a slight bit of trimming, but the mounting holes ligned right up) just need to make an antana mount. put the stampede shocks on it for now.. they are softer & ride better.

pic the day i got it. (but I added the front lights befor the pic)

here is the 2 into 1 body, still need front end to finish it. (have the tail lights) later i want to get one of the alum bodys.

Made some rear alum shock mounts. Going to make a new front mount as well.

got a radio shack buggy for $3 & used the rear bumper, it fit almost perfect. just had to add a nut to keep from crushing the plastic flanges where it mounts... Added some silver wheels. Added some better shocks.

still need to get some dog bones, the hex ones are worn out. Want to get a set of berrings for the trans & wheels. &
Would love a set of the 50caliber alum rear arms to go with it.
& of corse ill be tweeking it a bunch & making more parts.
airdreams1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

About a year & a half back i found a box of Tamiya parts @ the local thrift store It was mostly monster beetle parts... some new & some used. (Thats where the lights came from)
it had the lights a driver, head lights, tail lights, new trans gears, rear body mounts, steering patts, etc)

made a new front body mount since there wasnt one in the parts box.

Better look at the rear bumper (if you look closly you can see the spacers I had to put in) forgot to mention I had to make a couple notches for the axles to clear.. but other than that it was a direct bolt on.

Who knows i may change everything once i get into heavly modifying this car.

Last edited by airdreams1; 08-06-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yes! I will have to keep watching for updates on this one. I have a super blackfoot I am thinking of doing something with. Very different suspension wise, but still the same none the less.
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

the new re-release brat or frog dogbone axle setup fits right on it no mods needed. Also, the CRP upper chassis support wil help the body mounts lat longer. On the MB however you have to mod/tweak it a little because of the side mount posts.

Just a couple tips from a long time fan of that chassis series.
william g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Im not a ford fan, but i got a nice tyco ford truck of craigslist so i could steal the body. it fits perfectly on the Blackfoot/ Monster beetle.

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 08-16-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: This is not the classifieds