Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Vmx 450

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Scale Detail Engineering

Default Vmx 450

I just orderd one, I've been waiting for this bike to come out for over a year now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_TqX...eature=related
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

That is bad a$$, Where did you order from? I cant believe how stable they are, and I love the whip lash head bob the rider experiences.
cave-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
Scale Detail Engineering

www.rchobbyexplosion.com/

I just used google shopping and went for the lowest price.

These bikes have have come a long way since the old Radio Shack Ricky Carmichael bike.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Ok, after watching the vid I seriously want one of these. It seems like Venom has stepped up their quality quite a bit over some of their earlier releases.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon12 View Post
Ok, after watching the vid I seriously want one of these. It seems like Venom has stepped up their quality quite a bit over some of their earlier releases.
The guys testing the bikes for the past year (sure they are biased, most likely they're getting some form of compensation... like a new rc dirtbike) have said great things about this bike. Some of these guys are pro level, not bashers and they say it can out perform the Duratrax 450/Anderson M5 and even the new ARX-540 (the guy who designed the old RS Ricky C bike started a company a few years ago, A R Racing, the ARX540 is his newes bike.)
BTW, I love ARX540 and if I could afford the $760 plus electronics, plus shipping from Italy, I'd choose it in a heartbeat!

http://www.armodelling.com/index.php...emid=1&lang=it)

Last edited by johnnyh66; 01-21-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Default CN from VGI on the new VMX 450

Hi guys this is Chris Nicastro from Venom Group Intl.
I see you found the bike and the videos. Thanks for your support, it was a pretty big project and we are very excited to bring this to you. Thanks for being patient over the last year. We presented the VMX 450 to the world last year at the Nuremburg Toy Fair in Germany as coming soon in 2010! We didnt expect certain issues that bogged us down delaying production further into the year. We also took the time to test & improve the bike while we waited for certain key elements to be ready. It was a long year but we got passed it and here we are.
The VMX 450's you see in the videos are all box stock RTR's so what we did on video is what you can do with it at home. There were no professional drivers or any camera tricks, just me and two other guys from the office running bikes!

The chassis is very adjustable for F/R suspension, battery size, traction control, steering and the gyro clutch can be adjusted for stall and rpm.

The VMX 450 is the first off road bike to feature molded foam inserts and scale moto-cross tires mounted on bead locking wheels, our MXR-1 Beadlox tire system. A far superior improvement over the typical studded rubber band tires found on other bikes. The main benefit to this was increased jumping ability and shock absorbtion which helps protect the gyro mechanics and keeps you going over rough terrain.

There are many new innovations incorporated into the VMX so please feel free to ask any questions you like. This is a brand new bike straight from the drawing board to the dirt, no clones no copies here!

We are looking forward to your comments and suggestions and we hope you have as much fun with it as we do!

Please check out our YouTube channel when you get a chance! We are always uploading new videos or working on a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/user/venomgroupintl

Chris

Last edited by CRAWLINGAROUND; 01-24-2011 at 03:23 PM.
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Mr. Venom,
From the looks of the video, you guys did an awesome job. It looks like it handles much better than other dirtbike offerings I have seen. I hope this catches on for you guys.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Skeeno,

The bike does a fair job at tackling the terrain, stuff you would not normally consider driving on. Those snow swails we have up here are pretty fun and good for testing.
Now the hard part, wait and see how it goes in the publics hands!
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #9
Scale Detail Engineering

After 3 aganizing weeks I finally got my battery and a jst to hyperion adaptor.
This thing is awesome! I can't wait for tomorrow morning when I can finally run it, I'm gonna ba like kid at christmas! So far I just checked out the wheel speed, tested the gyro, adjusted the slipper and aligned the rear wheel... plus 1 very short trip from the dinning room into the liveing room, careened of the couch and scared the poop out of the dog!
I love it
Old 02-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #10

These things look like fun. Too bad theres not enough for a racing class for these at some local tracks
crfnick56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
Scale Detail Engineering

This thing is a blast! I can not even begin to explain how much fun it is...
you should buy one, you'll love it!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #12
Donkey Punch Champion!

Ok, I got mine yesterday and broke it in less then 10 minutes.

Why would you use a cheap freaking copper/brass front spocket. The little grub screw loosened up due to weak threads. Go to tighten it back up...no threads.

So I go to tower hobbies and spend $5 for another one. I could complain to Venom and probablyhave one soon, but over $5 I'm not gonna wait. I will be doing the traxxas drive shaft pin mod and hoping to have this one as a spare.

Likes/dislikes...

It is a freaking BLAST to drive. Power is awesome, drivability is GREAT. Grass, loose dirt, tar all fun. The gyro system is flawless and really keeps the bike upright. I am sold on it other then the minor setback to start with. My parts and all in stock hop ups should be here tomorrow.

I will post pics in the near future.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
Scale Detail Engineering

I destroyed the plastic gyro gears but just rebuilt it with the metal gears Venom sent out. Do you know if yours came with the upgrade? If not, you can email customer support your PO and they'll send them to you.

On another note, this bike is really balanced! It is so controllable and recovers extremely well. Have you jumped it yet? It soars man, and lands perfect!

Make sure to loctite everything! My pinion set screw came out on the second run.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLINGAROUND View Post
Hi guys this is Chris Nicastro from Venom Group Intl.
I see you found the bike and the videos. Thanks for your support, it was a pretty big project and we are very excited to bring this to you. Thanks for being patient over the last year. We presented the VMX 450 to the world last year at the Nuremburg Toy Fair in Germany as coming soon in 2010! We didnt expect certain issues that bogged us down delaying production further into the year. We also took the time to test & improve the bike while we waited for certain key elements to be ready. It was a long year but we got passed it and here we are.
The VMX 450's you see in the videos are all box stock RTR's so what we did on video is what you can do with it at home. There were no professional drivers or any camera tricks, just me and two other guys from the office running bikes!

The chassis is very adjustable for F/R suspension, battery size, traction control, steering and the gyro clutch can be adjusted for stall and rpm.

The VMX 450 is the first off road bike to feature molded foam inserts and scale moto-cross tires mounted on bead locking wheels, our MXR-1 Beadlox tire system. A far superior improvement over the typical studded rubber band tires found on other bikes. The main benefit to this was increased jumping ability and shock absorbtion which helps protect the gyro mechanics and keeps you going over rough terrain.

There are many new innovations incorporated into the VMX so please feel free to ask any questions you like. This is a brand new bike straight from the drawing board to the dirt, no clones no copies here!

We are looking forward to your comments and suggestions and we hope you have as much fun with it as we do!

Please check out our YouTube channel when you get a chance! We are always uploading new videos or working on a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/user/venomgroupintl

Chris
Your VMX 450 looks great but one thing I see in the videos that I don't like is that the bike seems to wobble quite a bit in offroad and on throttle conditions. Do you have any steering config recommendations that help prevent some of the wobble from a box stock bike?

I have an ARX540 with the electric gyro and it is no where near as wobbly as the VMX 450's in the videos. I got to check out the Venom bike down at RCX and you guys did a great job on the scale appearance of the bike.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #15
Scale Detail Engineering

I'd really like to get my hands on an ARX54.
If you think the VMX 450 is wobbley, the ARX 540 must be amazing!
My only other bike is a Radio Shack Ricky Carmichael so I don't have much to compare it to.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Hey whoever has one could I please have some battery compartment dimensions so I can see if my nimh will fit
RCTRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #17
Donkey Punch Champion!

Look it up lazy ass.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

these actually look better and handle better than i thought they would, looking at these im wondering how long until someone makes a long arm conversion for it and makes a hill climber out of it.
SubaruDriftBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:38 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Any one interested I have a nice used VMX 450 for sale http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315330 pick it up and save a good amount of money.

Thanks
Blade
BLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #20
Donkey Punch Champion!

Well, I got about 6-7 packs through mine now.

I have made the front sprocket upgrade to a pin style grub screw. It wasn't a big deal to drill out the shaft and I actually found an exact size one. No cutting or grinding, retapping.

Blew out the gyro gears now. Good thing I ordered all the hop ups Tower had for it. I already have the metal gears.

As for Vadger's question... I noticed the bike was getting wobbly on my last pack, then the gears blew out of the gyro and it was completely outta control. I am guessing, that when the gyro needs to be serviced is when it comes into play the most. With the stock plastic gears, it's all maintenance. I will give more feedback in a couple weeks. Scale Nats and lots to do right now.

Still enjoy driving it, and I haven't even tried to jump it....yet.