Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: My GCM Desertboy-17 (Flux)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My GCM Desertboy-17 (Flux)

So my savage is going through yet another transformation this thing has seen more upgrades than any rc I own I think but all things considered I have owned it since they hit the shelves back when and I think the only other rig I have owned as long is a clod.
This was needed tho after going brushless I grew tired of chasing the darn thing after it wheelied over on itself and ruining new bodies in one outting! So this bad boy stretches the tvps out to 3" longer over stock! I didnt think this was much at first till I got it Thurs. and started putting it together and with front and rear diffs in I was shocked at just how much larger this is.
I had to get a motor mount and they happened to have one there that was milled out osme to fit a castle motor since the hpi motor is smaller in diameter so that was good timing on my part. The kit is great, comes with screws, steering brace, servo mount, the battery tray is optional and theirs a skid plate available as well but was out of stock when I ordered.
Here is contact info and the specs for ones interested.
http://gcmachine.ca/index.php/rcstuff/desertboy
Now the goods.

Savage03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Here was a few bodies I tried but just dont fit it well....landed on a redcat 1/5 body.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Nice rig Sav. What is the major advantage of all the extra length in that kit. Is the rig unstable or something in the stock configuration? I like the way it came out for sure. About how much time and money spent to convert it to the final example? l8r,wrench.
WrenchHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Wrench.

For the biggest advantage was it eliminated wheelies I like a wheelie like the next guy but in stock form the dam thing was on its lid more then up and it drives you crazy! Does require a bit more room to run but I like everything large scale This is the best place to go, went last summer with a buddy that had his wheely king.
Far as cost the kit wasnt to bad little over $100 I think. Here is the new lipos I got as well. Buddy made the mount for me to stick the go-pro on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZQexIbASSQ
Old 01-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

the truck looks awesome sav. nice work on it.
fordtoys88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Bill, been nicer to me then my clod for sure! Recently with plans to head to the beach again I put on some shock covers, they were cheap and figured if it helps keep somethign clean why not lol.