Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Stampede 4X4 VXL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTRUX View Post
I've got one love it have to replace a driveshaft yoke, broke on the stock batt. Haha

Stuff happens. I had an E-Maxx that broke an axle shaft on the very first run; in dort no less. Replaced it and never broke another thing on it for the 3 years I had it.
02tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02tac View Post
Stuff happens. I had an E-Maxx that broke an axle shaft on the very first run; in dort no less. Replaced it and never broke another thing on it for the 3 years I had it.
Yeah I bash it hard and it holds up
RCTRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Glad to see it's so easy to move the body down, that was my only real gripe with these things. The chassis has plenty of clearance under it, I never understood why they mounted the body so high. Anyhow, I may pick one of these up sometime this summer. I've been wanting another E-maxx ever since I got rid of my last one, but I may shoot for one of these instead, much cheaper!
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #24
Sometimes, I make things.

I run 2s 5000mah packs in my 4x4 Slashes and get 20-25 minets of runtime, was the same in my 2wd, maybe a little longer. They are ProTek hardpacks, so they are comparable to the hobby kings, should be the same runtime, I think they are 35c, they have never gotten hot while running either, and even when I race its bashing, I like to feed RC's a lot of throttle and see them crash.

The 4x4 Pede looks like a fun truck, I wouldn't mind having one. I am picking up a 1/16 Summit, my next purchase will be a big one likely. Gotta love how fast and tough Traxxas RC's are.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
Glad to see it's so easy to move the body down, that was my only real gripe with these things. The chassis has plenty of clearance under it, I never understood why they mounted the body so high. Anyhow, I may pick one of these up sometime this summer. I've been wanting another E-maxx ever since I got rid of my last one, but I may shoot for one of these instead, much cheaper!
I have had a coupel of E-Maxxes before and have to say that I prefer the 4x4 Pede. All teh benefitsof a big tires 4x4 without the added complexity / cost / number of bats that you have with the E-Maxx.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I have had a coupel of E-Maxxes before and have to say that I prefer the 4x4 Pede. All teh benefitsof a big tires 4x4 without the added complexity / cost / number of bats that you have with the E-Maxx.
EXACTLY!!!!!

All of my Maxxes have been fun, but having to maintain two batteries for 10-15 mins of run time, what a pain! The stock 'pede battery lasts about 20-25 minutes and it is a 4x4 blast!
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Just picked one up friday never knew they started making it till i wondered into a hobby shop and left with 450 dollars less. I love it though i agree its just as much fun if not more than my old emaxx and almost none of the work.

Its gonna get some 2 cell lipos, aluminum shocks, rpm parts, and the body mount mod. Maybe a mamba system after a while.
headhunter555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter555 View Post
Just picked one up friday never knew they started making it till i wondered into a hobby shop and left with 450 dollars less. I love it though i agree its just as much fun if not more than my old emaxx and almost none of the work.

Its gonna get some 2 cell lipos, aluminum shocks, rpm parts, and the body mount mod. Maybe a mamba system after a while.

If, for some reason you do not find the VXL system to have enough power on 2S, consider going with 3S before you drop the coin for a Mamba system. I find it to have tons of power on 2S. 3S would be overkill for me.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

I would agree that a 3S in any of the VXLs is utterly insane.
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

yeah i was considering picking up one 3 cell for very wide open areas.
headhunter555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:23 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Inc View Post
I would agree that a 3S in any of the VXLs is utterly insane.
I just tried a 3s 4400mAh ThunderPOwer in my 2wd Pede. Never had a chance to see how long the truck would run for, spur gear only lasted about 5 minutes or so....when it wasn't crashing
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTRUX View Post
I've got one love it have to replace a driveshaft yoke, broke on the stock batt. Haha
That kind of stuff happens. Had the same issue with an E-Maxx I had. First run out of the box and the front drive shaft failed. I guess when you make million so fhtem there will be a bad one now and then.

I am considering picking up a set (4) of Slash beadlocks and some Pro-line Slingshots for a lil sand running. If I do it I will post pics. I was going to use some axial beadlocks that I had sitting around, but they do not fit the front, even with wide hexes.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
That kind of stuff happens. Had the same issue with an E-Maxx I had. First run out of the box and the front drive shaft failed. I guess when you make million so fhtem there will be a bad one now and then.

I am considering picking up a set (4) of Slash beadlocks and some Pro-line Slingshots for a lil sand running. If I do it I will post pics. I was going to use some axial beadlocks that I had sitting around, but they do not fit the front, even with wide hexes.
Yeah you already told me about the e MAXX above, and thanks a million for mentioning that about the axial beadlocks I was about to order some for mine
RCTRUX is offline   Reply With Quote