Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Savage flux truck weight???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Savage flux truck weight???

Does anyone know what the truck weighs in at with batterys and all in the truck? Thanks guys
tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #2

mine is about 16 pounds with 2 3s lipo alone with 6'9 inch trencher tires. too heavy coz the tires. bet stock with lipo is close to 15
kk_kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk_kk View Post
mine is about 16 pounds with 2 3s lipo alone with 6'9 inch trencher tires. too heavy coz the tires. bet stock with lipo is close to 15
Thanks for the info man
tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

alot
Desert Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:23 AM   #5

Specs on mine for real...no guessing.

Original Savage Flux HP (AM radio version)

Stock tires/wheels, pinion/spur, body (cause this thing can take a beating and still catch ppl eyes- On my 2nd one and it's over 2 years old.) And with the wheely bar with the small wheel installed. I also have upgraded to the bulletproof diffs (which they now come with ), and a spektrum receiver which I don't think changed the weight.

Without Batteries and as described above
12.91lbs

With 3s Batteries x2 and as described above
14.48lbs

With 2s Batteries x2 and as described above
13.99lbs

And the Batteries I used for weight testing were:

Max Amps 3s 5450 11.1 120c lipos- They own a punch like no other batteries I've used. And they'll last an hour if you can keep your finger under control, which I doubt at first. I use Max Amps 3s 840s in my comp crawlers for this reason. 100c They're more expensive for a reason. I have ruined 2 in my comp trucks but they see a lot of charges/abuse/rock rash. And they only puffed not popped which is enough for me. $35 isnt worth a truck IMO.

Venom 2s 5000 7.4 25c lipos- perfect fit, 25c, and over an hour of runtime. Got these with the truck along with a Venom charger/balancer and they still work as good as the day I bought them with routine charges/balancing. I run them in my kids Slash's now.

2s is perfect for getting used to the truck. 3s right away is too much and your going to run it into something watching it take off so fast. Plus after I saved some money and upgraded to 3s is was like a brand new truck again. Hope this helps ya. Any other ? PM me anytime. I know mine top to bottom now.
SC xMATTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

appreciate the suggestions. I know how these can get expensive, pretty much replaced and upgraded everything on my losi comp crawler.

I'm just ready to get something that will ripp in the yard, on the beach, snow maybe, dirt and a little pavement.
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/non-crawler-rcs/301312-savage-flux-truck-weight.html
Posted By For Type Date
Traxxas e-Maxx Brushless versus HPI Savage Flux HP This thread Refback 02-24-2013 03:27 PM