Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: getting into drifting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default getting into drifting

SO for a while iv been messing around with my buddies drifter and its been a nice change from off road every thing haha. Any way, iv been doing my research as best i can, reading threads and creeping forums, but like every thing else the drifter forums are pretty stuck up with newbies and a million different opinions and every ones "right"...

so i figured id make a post here and see if you guys will be any more helpful

so im looking for my first drift car but really i dont know what to get or even look at as far as makes /modles go, something ARTR would be perfect since i have all kinds of elctronics to stuff in there but i dont seem to see any thing that fits the catagory.. im more concerned about durability, more so from the power plant then crashing. pretty much its goin to be brushless and 2 0r 3s, but probably 3 since my 2s are pretty low MAH.

so brands and makes what would be a good starting point? keeping in mine im not looking for a "learn to drift" car but something that will work with my moderate skill level and be able to keep up with me as i progress.

TIA
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

From what I've collected I see guys using full blown racer kits such as: AE TC5, Hot Bodies Cyclone, and Tamiya cars. AE and HB are both carbon and aluminum kits, the Tamiya has the carbon style as well as a carbon plastic kit. I've been out of drifting for a while.

Whatch these guys and they are quite helpfull.
http://www.youtube.com/user/hyperdrifthawaii

Like said before any touring car can drift, but the setup is the important part
xigtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i have tamiya's tl01 tt01 and a hpi sprint 2 the sprint 2 works the best by far the tt01 is a cheap starter and tough but doesnt handle as weell
crawlmaster18 is offline   Reply With Quote