Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Rj speed legends

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Rj speed legends

racing season is pretty much over for me.. we only race once a month.. and this month we might not race. so there's only about 2 or 3 races left for the season... just getting something to do.. that's all... this wont be my only new purchase... all i'll need for next season is a body...so I got about 5-6 months to buy a $50 body
kongluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

They aren't assembled, but they should have a basic motor in the kit. So long as you have Standard/ASE allen drivers (it ises 4-40 cap heads throughout), assembly will be easy on it, though I would pre-tap all the threads before you put it together. I'm planning on using the brushed ESC and spare servo from my 1/16 Traxxas to start and will probably use their low end 2.4 TQ radio in it, these don't need anything fancy.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I've got I nice set of thorp drivers and a few l-wrenches for odd stuff...

but they should come with a motor? that's nice.............................................. .............................................!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

I'm wrong on motor, but it's not like I don't have both 12t and 21t Titans that can be dropped in it as well as a WK motor or two........think I may even have a Trinity 27t Monster stock too!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

never had luck with those traxxas motors..if you do the water breakin would it work
Old 09-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Hey joe,sorry to bug ya with questions but hows the handling on these?the only video's I see are oval tracks.would they work with some twisties thrown in the mix? Seems like they would be really fun with a brushless combo and ran on a fun track .
And also where do they run these?I live about 45 minutes down roosevelt so im not too far from your shop
gearhead79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongluc View Post
never had luck with those traxxas motors..if you do the water breakin would it work
Funny you mention that, I work for a HobbyTown and I don't know how many of those 12t's we replaced under warranty, even on cars that were only running 7.2v packs. Now what makes no sense is that the 12t I have laying around has been run on 7.2v in my Fiesta and 11.1v with a XL5 when it was in my hearse bodied WK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead79 View Post
Hey joe,sorry to bug ya with questions but hows the handling on these?the only video's I see are oval tracks.would they work with some twisties thrown in the mix? Seems like they would be really fun with a brushless combo and ran on a fun track .
And also where do they run these?I live about 45 minutes down roosevelt so im not too far from your shop
Their handling is......interesting, minimal front suspension, no rear suspension, and direct drive, add lots of power and things really get out of hand, they are a ball to drive. I never raced mine, but just ran it around until Bolink went belly up and the the car was stolen nearly 10 years ago with a Nitro Pede I was building when by Jeep was broken into on Super Bowl Sunday in '05. Not sure if they're being raced in the area, so I may have to ask Chip on Wed. when we work together again. IIRC, the loading docks around where the spot in Bartlett would work well for some informal racing.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:33 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Their handling is......interesting, minimal front suspension, no rear suspension, and direct drive, add lots of power and things really get out of hand, they are a ball to drive. I never raced mine, but just ran it around until Bolink went belly up and the the car was stolen nearly 10 years ago with a Nitro Pede I was building when by Jeep was broken into on Super Bowl Sunday in '05. Not sure if they're being raced in the area, so I may have to ask Chip on Wed. when we work together again. IIRC, the loading docks around where the spot in Bartlett would work well for some informal racing.
Thanks bud yea I could see them being a little bit of a handful with decent power, no suspension, and direct drive,its just that they are "priced right" and seem like fun if there was a bunch flying through corners and whatnot and they look really cool too!!!!
gearhead79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

not getting it yet I stayed up all night workin on my crawler I was supposed to wait till next month or so but started out just lookin at it for a loooong time...picked it up did some measuring of the 4link and ended up doing everything I had to..to be ready for the next evolution...
Old 09-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

I got some money for my B-Day, so some if it will go to pay down on the car.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:28 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

yeah birthday money and Christmas money is great...

I got my crawler for my b-day
Old 09-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Most of what I got will be going towards paying my next round of car insurance in January ($600+ every 6 mo. For 2 vehicles). May have to see if I can find somebody to buy the 2.2 Swamper XL's I just bought too, they're way to big to fit my Losi Comp Crawler.........
Old 09-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

yeah im thinkin about sellin on of my guitar rigs. I got a fender fm 100 head unit and a peavey 15in guitar speaker that I don't need... its too big and to loud

its something like what dime bag played on...

Last edited by kongluc; 09-18-2014 at 08:27 PM.