Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Rj speed legends

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Rj speed legends

Anyone have any experience with these little guys? I was looking at getting one just for the heck of it to romp around with. Thoughts?
mtnbiker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I've just bought 2 of these. What kind of a track you planning on running? We run a small ozite carpet oval. 37 feet long I believe? Anyways i have very much fun with it. As long as you got a couple of guys to run with it is very close and fun racing. Also some of the only racing that the new guy first time out starting dead last could very well win the feature.

I say, go for it.
Scale_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I had one back when they were still Bolink and had a blast with it. Last time I had it out before it was stolen, it was set up as a drag car running a 6 cell and 4 cell 1200mAh NiCds in series and some sort of Trinity Speed Gem mod motor. A coworker at the time guesstimated it would be good for over 50mph and pretty much undriveable
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i had one of the pro stock drag kits. very nice quality.

just remember you will need a perfectly smooth surface.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
Scale Detail Engineering

I've thought about getting the Digger... looks like it'd be a lot of fun with a BL setup
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

definitely! we do have a carpet track but i dont really plan on racing it as much. i have to many rigs set up for competition as it is just really something simple and fun just to mess around with, time to order the coupe kit
mtnbiker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker93 View Post
definitely! we do have a carpet track but i dont really plan on racing it as much. i have to many rigs set up for competition as it is just really something simple and fun just to mess around with, time to order the coupe kit
See thats the thing with them thougb. There is not really much to set up with them. Meet your local tracks specs for them, charge the pack, dope the tires and run. Thats what makes them so fun is that it is a very even playing field. Cars are very tough as well.
Scale_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rj speed legends

I decided to order a new one Friday night, as well as their kingpin brace and tierods with the soldered threaded ends and ball ends on the knuckle ends. Going to screw with some of my friends who were around when I had the car too, it's going to be the 2dr sedan body, which my stolen one had, so this one will get the same Candy Blue with a Black base coat paint job that the stolen car had.

I will eventually get the '37 D-Coupe body for it this time, I had planned on that with the first one, but Bolink went belly up before I could.

Last edited by BJoe; 09-14-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:32 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I always thought my first rc was going to be a bolink... but after college.. they weren't around anymore
kongluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:19 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

does johnsbsr make cap tires for these now.. if he does im definitly gonna get one. and probably wont race it. do they have nascar bodies to fit them.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongluc View Post
does johnsbsr make cap tires for these now.. if he does im definitly gonna get one. and probably wont race it. do they have nascar bodies to fit them.
Honestly, if they do, Tower and Horizon do not sell them so far as I could tell last night. I've also was never able to find any bodies that fit other than the Legends bodies and maybe the classic Indy Roadster bodies. RJ Speed does offer a "Sportsman" car that appears to be a long wheelbase version of the Legends chassis design that comes with a '55 Chevy style body like you would have found racing on dirt ovals in the 60's and 70's though.

Last edited by BJoe; 09-15-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Mcallister racing might.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Ok now I'm confused... I thought standard touring car bodies were 10in.. rjspeed says 10.25..

Doesn't matter that stang body is what I want... but still not gonna get it unless I can get cap tires..

Last edited by kongluc; 09-15-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

John says his cap tires are $20 each..he also said that his cap tires are not all rubber and that they have foam inserts. So foams it is.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Ok how does one afford to keep tires on these things?

It may sit on the shelf a little longer than I thought... but that's not going to stop me

Last edited by kongluc; 09-15-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:43 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Ok I can afford the stock tires...
Old 09-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Should be able to squeeze this one in next month. Got tires for the crawler, bulletproofed the traxxas tranny, got the body on its way for the crawler... yep dreams sometime come true
Old 09-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

You may want to research this a bit more, just to make sure it's what you're looking for. They're great cars, capable of being stupid fast (found a video.from the middle east last night where somebody put a Momba Maxx Pro and 5700kv motor with 3s in one, not sped runs though..........not sure if the car survived) but there aren't any bodys that will look right on them other than the Legends bodies unless McAllister makes ones to fit it. Tire life isn't at all bad, but since the rear suspension is nonnexistant and the front uses a pan car style knuckle and overgrown penspring set up, you can sometimes alter the handling by leaving screws loose and letting the chassis twist a bit under load.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongluc View Post
Should be able to squeeze this one in next month. Got tires for the crawler, bulletproofed the traxxas tranny, got the body on its way for the crawler... yep dreams sometime come true

Lol, I was just going to buy one outright, but I also have some 2.2 Swamper XL's coming in for my Comp Crawler that will need to be bought first, so it might get lay-a-way'd for a couple weeks.......all my bills are paid up but my car payment, which will come from my next paycheck, these little cars may be cheap, but I would rather not stretch my self too thin if I don't have too, spent the last couple years doing that without even paying for anything other than my bills............
Old 09-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

all I have to buy for it is a servo and brushed motor... I've got everything else. except for that mustang body.... they don't come assembled do they?