Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Help with older Napa R/C car

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #1

Default Help with older Napa R/C car

I recently dug out my old #15 Monte Carlo Napa Racing electric car. It runs off the 9.6V battery pack and has a three speed transmission. I've had it about ten years and stopped running it because it only wants to go in reverse sometimes, and forward once in a blue moon. It turns just fine... I have no idea what servo or anything is in it. I took it all apart and cleaned it up but that didn't seem to make a difference. I'm guessing broken wire but I traced them all down and can't seem to find any loose or broken wires.. Could the old 9.6V battery be making it act like this??? If anyone can point me in the right direction on what to look for next I appreciate it. Thanks, Bobby.

UPDATE: So after playing around with it some more I think its the transmitter. I can shake it and the car will go in reverse just fine. But still won't go forward no matter what I do... Am I on the right track with replacing the 49MHz transmitter? Thanks again.

Last edited by Bobbyocean; 03-31-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Bobbyocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Help with older Napa R/C car - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help identifying an older RC trailduster79 Non Crawler RC's 9 02-08-2010 05:02 PM
Value of older e-maxx? MuddyOval Traxxas Crawlers 5 10-27-2009 02:26 AM
website to find older 1:1 car/truck specs? ('98-2000) STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 5 01-22-2009 12:04 AM