Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Any Kyosho Blizzard SR owners here? Rogue Elements might do upgrades!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation Any Kyosho Blizzard SR owners here? Rogue Elements might do upgrades!!

Hello Folks,

I am a member on the Snowcats forum and Chris from Rogue Elements had some plans to beef up the Blizzard SR.

He recently wrote me an email and said that he may no longer do it because he doesn't feel there are enough of us hardcore Snowcat fans to warrant the time, effort and costs involved.

He said if more of us would chime in and let him know our interests it would help him greatly with doing what he planned.

Not sure if I can post his email address here or not but I think most of us know Rogue Elements stuff?

If you guys want some good quality beefy parts please let him know.

If you want more info PM me or check out the Snowcats forums.

Thanks.

Here is what he wrote me:

Well, not so great, to be candid. I took the gearing apart, and long story short, it would take too much reworking to improve it (Bearings, cage, etc.) to be practical, just because there are not enougfh hardcore Snowcat guys to sell enough in 10 days, as that's how I'm set up and cannot afford to sit on inventory. Work=time=cost, and the motor plates would be a bit much for most- I could simply make the kit unit in Aluminum, but then run into press-fitting shafts, etc. and, honestly, if I can't impriove or beautify something enough to make it an REC-quality product, I don't pursue it.

There are a few other things that would be cool, I'd still like to do a body kit for sure! It's on the list, but I must do a couple other things first. I kinda have to do a bigger-selling project or 2, then one that's undoubtably gonna be smaller, like snowcat parts, then back to a bigger one. I'd still like to do the drive sprocket in Aluminum, too, all I can say is keep an eye on your Email, and the more chaps that bug me about stuff the more likely it is! So you might tell your buds to make their wants known to me, it really does make a difference.

Cheers for now Mate! Chris REC

Chris Cazan
Owner/Designer
Rogue Element Components

Last edited by ZippoMan; 05-03-2012 at 12:50 PM.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Any Kyosho Blizzard SR owners here? Rogue Elements might do upgrades!!

I have one and I want upgrades in a bad way!

I will send him an email.
gabehunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Any Kyosho Blizzard SR owners here? Rogue Elements might do upgrades!!

I have 5 or 6 Blizzards... love 'em... even have an old skool DX new in the box... I'll shoot him an email.
MuddyOval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Cool I really hope he will go ahead and make some beefed up parts soon. He just needs more support and I understand how hard it would be to come up with good quality stuff.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote