Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Are Losi MLST2's dead and gone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Are Losi MLST2's dead and gone?

I know a lot of old RC's were so popular that they will always be popular. I know some were so bad that they will never be appreciated. I know the original MLST was on that last list.
But what about the MLST2? Were they any good? I'm getting one in a trade. What I had for trade I tried for months to sell and only one person responded. They offered an MLST2. I don't really want a monster truck, but I figured I could throw a bug body on it and it be more interesting to me than what I had. But then I started wondering if it would be worth anything as far as selling it.
It's ready to run except for lacking a battery. It looks really nice from the pics except for the body is a bit beat up.
It has the exotek chassis conversion and futaba digital servo, exotek wing and mount.
So, do you guys think it's something I could sell or trade for a crawler (mrc preferably) maybe a roller. Or is it something that wouldn't have much sale/trade value and I'd be better off keeping it?
poomwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Are Losi MLST2's dead and gone?

keep your MRC dude. nitro's are hard to sell these days, and monster trucks are even harder. i sold off my TMAXX .15 with the plushest suspension you would have ever felt for nearly free. same with my Kyosho USA-1 monster truck with an OS Max aftermarket engine; sold it for dirt. also a Traxxas jato 3.3 that was nearly new. got little money. it is just impossible to sell them. the market is dead. doesnt matter how nice it is, if you ever decide to sell it, good luck. it will never sell unless the craigslist add says FREE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poomwah View Post
I know a lot of old RC's were so popular that they will always be popular. I know some were so bad that they will never be appreciated. I know the original MLST was on that last list.
But what about the MLST2? Were they any good? I'm getting one in a trade. What I had for trade I tried for months to sell and only one person responded. They offered an MLST2. I don't really want a monster truck, but I figured I could throw a bug body on it and it be more interesting to me than what I had. But then I started wondering if it would be worth anything as far as selling it.
It's ready to run except for lacking a battery. It looks really nice from the pics except for the body is a bit beat up.
It has the exotek chassis conversion and futaba digital servo, exotek wing and mount.
So, do you guys think it's something I could sell or trade for a crawler (mrc preferably) maybe a roller. Or is it something that wouldn't have much sale/trade value and I'd be better off keeping it?
desertmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

thaanks max.
I dont have an mrc. if I did theres no way I would get rid of it
Old 03-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I think desertmaxx is confusing the nitro LST2 with the electric mini LST2.

I had 2 of them. One I won from losi, and one I got on clearance for like $60 from an online hobby store. I designed my own single servo extended chassis, but there are still so many weak points, I ended up selling both for hardly any money.
I think it would be hard to trade it or sell it to fund an MRC. My recommendation would be to stay away. Hold out a little longer on your trade, you might find someone with what you really want.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

thanks monkey
Old 03-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

oh, my bad. i got confused. i thought you were going to trade your mrc (that you dont have apparently) for that LST. and monkeyracer, i think i did get confused. LST is the nitro; MLST is the mini electric one. those mini LST's do look really cool.
Quote:
thaanks max.
I dont have an mrc. if I did theres no way I would get rid of it
desertmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

i got one on here for cheap thinking it would be fun to play with. it was in rougher shape than i realised. i need to pull it completely apart and pretty much replace all the bearings, drive cups, and dog bones. both motors are pretty well shot too. ive found threads of people converting to a single brushless, but dual brushless is just WAYYY to much power. it sits on the shelf and i think about doing something with it every time i see it. its only made one trip down the hallway under its own power since ive had it.
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

My work buddy has one and from memory he had a rough time with the trans and finding better steering servos.

Agreed monster trucks are a hard sell nowadays. I traded a savage xl flux roller for basically a Holmes brxl and a random body, of which the shipping cost killed me...
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I realized that my original post was a bit misleading. I wasn't asking advice on whether or not I should trade, just whether I could expect it to have any trade value or if it would be better kept and used. Not whether or not I should make the trade.
I don't really want to admit the truth, but I don't want to lie to you guys. After reading all the responses, I'm actually very embarassed. Because I made the deal BEFORE I started this thread. I had a tamiya mad bull up for trade for months on different sites, noone wanted it, except the guy that offered me the mlst2, so I went for it, figured I never used the bull anyway, almost anything would be better to have.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Eh its the state of surface rc today, not your fault. The trends aren't mt related much anymore...
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I realized that my original post was a bit misleading. I wasn't asking advice on whether or not I should trade, just whether I could expect it to have any trade value or if it would be better kept and used. Not whether or not I should make the trade.
I don't really want to admit the truth, but I don't want to lie to you guys. After reading all the responses, I'm actually very embarassed. Because I made the deal BEFORE I started this thread. I had a tamiya mad bull up for trade for months on different sites, noone wanted it, except the guy that offered me the mlst2, so I went for it, figured I never used the bull anyway, almost anything would be better to have.
Well, at least it has the exotek kit.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I am working on one right now, and it did have weak points because people started putting 3cell lipos and going brushless. I had one with a two cell lipo and a brushless but nothing insane and it was a very fun truck. The exotek conversion gets rid of one of the major flaws which was the dual servos. The second weak point was the diffs, followed by the trans. I modified my trans with stuff from the mini t which makes it pretty strong. They do sell on ebay for anywhere between 50-150 as I was recently looking for a parts truck. It is discontinued so parts will be from ebay only unless you happen to find stock at a hobby store. I'll post a pic of mine tomorrow, I have the rare mini baja bug body that was pulled due to licensing issues. I'm partial to the Mlst because it was one of my first hobby grade trucks! Post some pics of yours when you receieve it.
nmanuel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Here's a pic

Old 03-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

What motor speed controller combo works good? I would like to repower mine. Like you said nothin crazy just a fun driver
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Ha - I was offered that for a trade over there too...ran away screaming. Had one a while ago and it had nothing but issues. Rear diff broke both times I ran it, steering servo died, motor lead just fell off..I could go on. Ran it 2x, never got a full battery pack through it. Sold it, and the buyer ran it once and the rear diff grenaded AGAIN, and I had to refund some money. Nothing but trouble. Officially the worst RC I've ever owned. Cool idea platform-wise, terrible execution.

Having said that, I hear the diff issues were addressed with the MLST2...it was sorely needed. Good luck with it!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

I would go with a 4600kv motor and a 2s lipo. I've always want to see of the diff in the MRC would fit the MLST, it looks identical. Also my trans has a dual disc slipper from the mini t so it won't strip the diffs ass bad.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Ha - I was offered that for a trade over there too...ran away screaming. Had one a while ago and it had nothing but issues. Rear diff broke both times I ran it, steering servo died, motor lead just fell off..I could go on. Ran it 2x, never got a full battery pack through it. Sold it, and the buyer ran it once and the rear diff grenaded AGAIN, and I had to refund some money. Nothing but trouble. Officially the worst RC I've ever owned. Cool idea platform-wise, terrible execution.

Having said that, I hear the diff issues were addressed with the MLST2...it was sorely needed. Good luck with it!
offered it over where?
Old 03-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

here are the pics that the guy sent me.

I've considered going mini "foff" with it, maybe some mini T paddle tires all the way around.
I've got an insane 370 in my parts stash somewhere, might be interesting to pick up another one.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Look like fun! I believe that one was a special edition, don't know what was different from regular mini lst 2 though.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I must admit I have mixed feelings. Some of you guys have me really nervous about owning it, while some of you have me really excited about the possibilities.
Now, however, I'm wondering if I'm going to get it at all. The guy said he was going to ship it out friday and send me the tracking number for UPS. I emailed him friday night to remind him about the tracking number because I have to make sure I'm here the day it gets delivered. UPS will NOT deliver here without a signature. So, he got a hold of me friday night and said it was on its way and he'd send me the tracking number "in the AM".
Two days later, I emailed him again, asking for the tracking number, the next day he responds saying he will get me the tracking number "ASAP"
Two days later (yesterday) I emailed again, aplogizing for being a nuisance, but reminding him that I'm normally not home when UPS delivers, and reminding him that if I don't make arrangements to be here on that day, they will not deliver it.
I explained that if I come home, and find a tag on the door for a missed delivery, that I probably won't have time to make arrangements to be here when they come back. I need at least a couple days notice.
Haven't heard back from him.
So... at this point, according to UPS, for their cheapest method, if it went out when he said, it would have been here today.
So, what do I do? I don't want to miss the package and have it sent back. I don't want the guy to be out the shipping for it. But I can't just start making sure I'm home all day every day until it gets here either.
What would you guys do?

Are Losi MLST2's dead and gone? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dead losi Flyin Hawaiian Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 24 12-26-2009 04:27 PM
its dead underscore002 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 02-12-2009 06:14 PM
Dead Losi MRC apuinator Electronics 4 01-09-2009 03:25 AM
Another dead Losi... Wild Snapper Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 13 10-16-2008 11:03 AM