Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: 1/6 Handbuilt Sprint Car

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 1/6 Handbuilt Sprint Car

This is my first hand-built from scratch build since losing my sight. I built it by feel mostly, and I am pretty proud of how it turned out. The white and red contrast enough for me to see and the car is large enough to follow. I have it set up for dirt, but have done the initial testing on concrete with the PL Street Fighters. The wheelbase is 13.5" which scales out to just under !:6 since the car it is modeled after is 83". The car has a 13.5 Toro motor and Hobbywing 35a esc, GT3B radio set, 645mg servo, TRX bandit left side arms, TRX Rustler right side arms, hand cut offset chassis, Wheely King battery box, TRX tranny with sealed diff, TRX bandit left side Medium length shocks, Emaxx XXL right side springs, +15mm adapters on the right, hand bent plastic roll cage, hand formed aluminum body panels, RC8.2 swaybars front and rear, and custom linkages. I painted my GT3B white with red buttons to make it easier to see and I have a steering wheel adapter on order from Harley to ad to it. Will be switching to proline BowFighters once the dirt oval is finished. Let me know what you think.

Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 1/6 Handbuilt Sprint Car

Switched the streetfighters out for a set of Bowfighters. They didn't hook up too well on the packed dirt of the baseball infield I was running on but I was happy with how the car ran. The diff could stand to be a little tighter but otherwise it ran well. I would love to have a clay banked oval to rip up with this car; the loose dirt of the infield didn't really let the carvstretch its legs.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

That's pretty cool man
danmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
MODERATOR™

You know that's actually grey and orange right? And everything is crooked.

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Its actually krylon fusion gloss white. I guess it looks strange in photos since my wife used her smartphone to take them.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:50 PM   #6
MODERATOR™

I was just kidding Elmo, making a little fun of the situation. Be proud of that creation, it's pretty cool.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:53 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Thanks eeepee. I see what youre saying about the color though. Im having a blast with the car so far. And I think the crooked part is just a camera trick or something...

Last edited by Elmo; 04-25-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I am still cleaning up after the run on Thursday. Every bearing is gritty, the motor barely turns and the fan on the esc is stuck. The silt at the baseball field was fun but I'll never make that mistake again. I used silly putty to lock the diff but its not enough. I may shoe goo it and see how that goes or I may order a sealed diff and try some 500,000 wt oil. I am going to talk to my landscaper this week about building a small oval somewhere on my property that will blend in with the rest of the yard. I would like to have a get together by memorial day weekend.

1/6 Handbuilt Sprint Car - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B&R Racing Sprint Car O.I.F.F. Rubbaneck Non Crawler RC's 10 08-15-2013 03:22 PM
Stolen Sprint Car!!! HVFracingwilly Chit Chat 5 03-06-2007 04:40 PM