Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: My Arrma Talion BLX 6S blah blah blah Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2015, 09:16 AM   #1

Default My Arrma Talion BLX 6S blah blah blah Review

Really enjoying my Talion so far, made a little video review showing how I modded the body posts to fit the body a bit better.

Enjoy!

HoldDaMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2015, 07:53 PM   #2

Default Re: My Arrma Talion BLX 6S blah blah blah Review

Just finished a full day at the track with the Talion and it was a blast. Really enjoyed the truck on 4S with the included 15t pinion. The temps were nice and warm but not hot on the ESC and motor, it was about 80 degrees out.

I also ran about 30 minutes of 6S on the track and I found it to be counter productive. My lap times were worse, my control was worse, the throttle sensitivity was rough and a smidge to much throttle and the back end would break loose and it was tough to recover. I will most likely sell my 2 3S packs and buy another 4S pack. I reallly enjoyed the 4S/15t on the 1/8 scale track. I am tempted to try a 16t pinion, I may end up giving it a shot, for just a bit more top end on the 2 straights.

The bad news is the truck didn't survive the entire day. Right about the time I was going to leave, the Talion servo stripped out. I noticed some unresponsive turning and brought it in, sure enough, the servo was making all kinds of fun noises. The Talion was definitely not subject to any weirdness, just standard driving stuff with zero other broken parts, so I believe this is a defect with the Servo and I will be trying to get warranty coverage with Arrma and will let you guys know how that goes.

The other issue I had was the back body hole broke through and the clip is forever lost to mother nature. I still had one good one and it had zero impact on the performance and operation for the entire day, it happened about 1/2 through the day. The rumor is someone dared (maybe double dog) me to do this jump off the track and I may have gone a bit too crazy with it.

I did take some video but haven't edited it yet, I might post it up a bit later. Just want to say how horrible I am at multi-tasking, while recording, even though the Sony HDR-AS100V was mounted directly to my transmitter, I my driving got 1000% worse just because I had to think about aiming the controller at the vehicle. Much respect to the guys out there that pull it off smoothly.

I also took my LC-EMB-MTH(Tacon Valor MT) and I believe folks were just as impressed with the MTH as they were with the Talion, I did front flips, back flips, even schooled some 1/10 scale on the oval track with my little 1/14 scale MT. Guys told me it's currently sold out on NitroRCX.com... so apparently, they really liked it enough to look it up. They asked me what spare parts I bought with it and I said zero, I've still yet to break ONE THING on this amazing truck. Roughly 50 packs through it.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:00 PM   #3

Here are the promised racing clips, just fyi, track was extremely dry and loose and I'm brand new to the layout and racing in general... why am i trying to justify my suckiness... I wear it proudly... haha.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I have a Kraton for parking lot antics. I've only run it on 4s, with the installed pinion (12t?)

I love my crawlers, but man that thing puts a smile on your face. Keeps up with the dedicated drag slashes on friday night too
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #5

Yeah the Kraton is awesome! I highly recommend you try the slightly larger pinion included with your Kraton, i think it might be a 14t? Anyway, it really livens up the truck and heat is still really good. Especially if you run it on 4s only, you'll love the improvement of the larger pinion.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:58 PM   #6

Track layout was changed some, did some more laps today, the Talion is holding up super well, about 20 packs through it so far.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:41 PM   #7

Finally got some proper wheels/tires, they are used but in good shape, very light usage. Did a little test run outside my house, they are Pro-Line Calibers. Yes, i have too much toe-out right now, will adjust that soon, was kind of experimenting with the old wheels/tires.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #8

Took some video of battery testing yesterday, I think it went about how i expected... also running to new Pro-Line Calibers and i like them, but i'm not sure i love them.

Also, someone should have called BS on the Talion Weight I gave earlier... I have a very precise scale, but my early morning math skills are lacking... the truck actually weighs about 8.3 lbs *without* battery, so a little under 9lbs depending on battery weight, i believe mine are 1/3lb roughly.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:48 AM   #9

Did some racing and video recording last weekend. We had a really small turn out because of easter, a bunch of folks were out of town, but we still had a blast!

You can see some video of the truggy with the new wheels tires and some fun short course action I filmed while marshaling (i know, bad marshal).

Old 04-08-2015, 08:56 AM   #10
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Picked up a Typhon a few days ago, pretty nice so far. 6S=excess!
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:33 PM   #11

I ordered some new bearings from Fast Eddy and within the first few weeks had 4 of them fail. I do run in fairly dusty conditions which can be rough of bearings, but the stock Arrma metal bearings that are supposedly known for needing to be replaced fairly quickly lasted me around 40 packs while the Fast Eddy's are already failing after like 5-10 packs. I just ordered some bearings from Avid and thought I'd share the list I ordered in case anyone else was interested, price was very good and I know some folks highly recommend their stuff:

Tags
arrma, talion, truggy

My Arrma Talion BLX 6S blah blah blah Review - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
blah blah blah athenscyclist Testing 1 2 3 4 01-29-2010 09:03 AM
Michael Jackson, blah, blah, blah... Mad Scientist Chit Chat 15 07-16-2009 08:48 PM
blah Drvnbeing Testing 1 2 3 0 04-13-2009 12:13 AM
Blah, Blah, Wreckluse, Blah, Blah... JasonInAugusta 2.2 Scale Rigs 21 11-01-2008 08:34 PM
another NewB first build...blah blah blah JohnJohn Newbie General 11 05-28-2007 08:39 PM