Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Cajun Commander Repaint and Detail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Cajun Commander Repaint and Detail

I received an Aquacraft Cajun Commander in the mail the other day. Very cool boat! I'm not a fan of the camo paint scheme or the spot lights, so I took all of that off. I also got rid of the double seat up front, so no passengers for this guy.

The paint I removed with Lift Off Graffiti Remover and some fine steel wool - what a chore that was! If you do the same, I would suggest that you just leave the paint inside the electronics enclosure and spray over it. The corners in there are thin and tear easily. I will have to decide how to repair mine to keep the water out. I painted everything a metallic aluminum color.

The lights would not come out without clipping the wires near the plugs and even then some of the bundles were connected inside the hull. I managed to remove them all without ruining anything, though. I plugged the holes and used scale hardware in place of the mounting brackets on the bow.

Then I added an 8" Mego-style character from the TV show "Lost" as my driver. He's been on a fishing trip as you can see by the pole, net and the fish in his cooler. He is carrying a pistol to fend off alligators and eye and ear protection - he'll be moving fast and airboats are loud. All of the details have been glued or screwed to keep them from getting lost in the water and out of the prop.

Driving it this weekend at the lake, so I might have a running video by Sunday evening.

Last edited by Alpha Male; 04-08-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Alpha Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2018, 08:01 AM   #2

Default Re: Cajun Commander Repaint and Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
I received an Aquacraft Cajun Commander in the mail the other day. Very cool boat! I'm not a fan of the camo paint scheme or the spot lights, so I took all of that off. I also got rid of the double seat up front, so no passengers for this guy.

The paint I removed with Lift Off Graffiti Remover and some fine steel wool - what a chore that was! If you do the same, I would suggest that you just leave the paint inside the electronics enclosure and spray over it. The corners in there are thin and tear easily. I will have to decide how to repair mine to keep the water out. I painted everything a metallic aluminum color.

The lights would not come out without clipping the wires near the plugs and even then some of the bundles were connected inside the hull. I managed to remove them all without ruining anything, though. I plugged the holes and used scale hardware in place of the mounting brackets on the bow.

Then I added an 8" Mego-style character from the TV show "Lost" as my driver. He's been on a fishing trip as you can see by the pole, net and the fish in his cooler. He is carrying a pistol to fend off alligators and eye and ear protection - he'll be moving fast and airboats are loud. All of the details have been glued or screwed to keep them from getting lost in the water and out of the prop.

Driving it this weekend at the lake, so I might have a running video by Sunday evening.
What kind of paint/primer did you use? Has it held up?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Cmslavit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:12 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

i just see a bunch of pics of a gauge saying your 3rd party hosting is full. oh yeah, photobucket...

pro tip: if you don't want to pay $300, use a site like tinypic of imgbb to host your images.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:53 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

if only i could find this action figure, after 12 months looking , ive given up..........
p01rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:18 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Is this boat discontinued or just out of stock?
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Cajun Commander Repaint and Detail - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aquacraft Airboat "Cajun Commander" Szczerba Non Crawler RC's 15 07-01-2015 01:32 PM
lexan body repaint ?? rc dreemer Paint and Body 1 12-10-2013 02:43 PM
Cold Cajun Crawler Party 1/21/12 shelljeep Louisiana 89 01-31-2013 09:15 AM
Repaint Lexan Bodies? tnisi Newbie General 4 11-16-2008 07:44 PM
Should I repaint this? (bushwaker) JeeperoManiako Paint and Body 12 04-02-2007 10:04 AM