Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: The Chop Shop- Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2015, 05:06 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: The Chop Shop- Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

One of the craziest off the wall build on here....and i love it. Squarebody for life
looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2015, 08:31 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Location: In West Monroe,LA...yes,where Duck Dynasty is filmed
Default Re: The Chop Shop- Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

Where did you get the wheel nut covers.I Googled them and checked on RPP but couldnt find them
krazykrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:02 AM   #43
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneybin View Post
One of the craziest off the wall build on here....and i love it. Squarebody for life
Thanks. I love me some square bodies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykrawler View Post
Where did you get the wheel nut covers.I Googled them and checked on RPP but couldnt find them
I found them on ebay. I searched chrome spinner I think.

I have a couple of videos for you guys. I have all of my drive train wiring done and the ess one sound module installed. Obviously there's a lot more work to be done but I couldn't resist sharing the video.

Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:02 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

That's too cool, sounds great!
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #45
Fan of wheelspeed

So I'm stepping back a little here for these pics. I'll kinda rush through them. I made up my tubs for the rear out of Delrin that I heated up and formed over a roll of duct tape.

I installed the sound module and wrapped up the wiring.

I installed a metal geared micro servo for the steering. Works great!

The SSD rear bumper looks GREAT with the Krawler Konceptz plates!

I started a firewall too.

Not bad... I've since started the wiring harness too.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:55 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

The attention to detail on this is great. Loving the look, I hope it runs as fast as it looks.
keebler1510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:18 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

What did you make the firewall from, styrene, part of a Tupperware container, or 3-d printed? It looks good, nice mounting point for the master cylinder and battery. I agree with Keebler, the attention to detail is phenomenal!
Old 07-07-2015, 07:03 AM   #48
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by keebler1510 View Post
The attention to detail on this is great. Loving the look, I hope it runs as fast as it looks.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
What did you make the firewall from, styrene, part of a Tupperware container, or 3-d printed? It looks good, nice mounting point for the master cylinder and battery. I agree with Keebler, the attention to detail is phenomenal!
Thank you sir. It's all styrene. I used some .040 and some very small quarter round stock. The wiring harness on the firewall adds another layer of detail. I'll get some pics later tonite.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:13 AM   #49
Fan of wheelspeed

Here's a small update. My basement flooded out so progress has been slow, heck almost non-existent. I made a MSD ignition box and component and ran a wiring harness across the firewall. I've got a lot to button up yet but you get the idea.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:24 AM   #50
Fan of wheelspeed

VIDEO!

Old 07-08-2015, 09:26 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

Very impressive work!
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:46 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

What a beaut!
4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:22 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

The servo speed regulator works good!, this is top of the line!
Old 07-10-2015, 11:54 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Is there away you could use your radio to pop open a parachute at the end of your run, that you could fold and repack easily for your next run, its just some thing to add to the realism, and you could probably figure it out and make it work, maybe use a CO2 cartridge to get it to open enough that wind catches it and opens like a real dragster chute does and slows done your R/C, and would look cool as hell on video

Last edited by kgb424; 07-11-2015 at 12:04 AM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #55
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
Very impressive work!
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd4ws View Post
What a beaut!
Thank you sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
The servo speed regulator works good!, this is top of the line!
Thanks, Im glad it was brought to my attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
Is there away you could use your radio to pop open a parachute at the end of your run, that you could fold and repack easily for your next run, its just some thing to add to the realism, and you could probably figure it out and make it work, maybe use a CO2 cartridge to get it to open enough that wind catches it and opens like a real dragster chute does and slows done your R/C, and would look cool as hell on video
It'll get a parachute, but I only have a 3 chan rx/tx so a functional parachute is out of the question unfortunately unless I can figure out a way to control the hood. Maybe I'll do a toggle switch on the dash for the hood and use the 3rd channel to release a 'chute. I could use a micro servo to pull a release tab or something. I may look into this as the build progresses.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:02 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

such a great combo! looks amazing!
ScGRaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 11:55 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Just chiming in to say keep up the killer work! Idea...maybe some magnets glued on the inside of the body and clip so when the front comes down it will line up better, also more rigid when actually running this thing, although I'd be afraid I'd wreck it after doing so much work!

If anyone else is going to make one, a cool idea would be a rear hinge body like a funny car with custom cage inside!
lcbsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:05 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

I sooooo I love with this k5. U do some of the most amazing builds. I wish u did a drifter build so I could copy some of your ideas to build mine.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
W1ck3d0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

amazing work. any more updates on this build
fullsizecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

SWEET!!! as always there is just no body that fits is there never fails lol
rjwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blazer, funny, pro, street, traxxas

The Chop Shop- Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold my project car and I bought an Ascender! jaydubya2003 Vaterra Ascender 28 04-06-2020 01:56 PM
The Chop Shop- 1990 Class 1 Topless K5 Blazer Hoosierdady 1.9 Scale Rigs 210 04-05-2016 02:49 PM
Traxxas RC Funny car! 1BadJeepBruiser Chit Chat 33 04-11-2012 10:34 AM