RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Non Crawler RC's (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/non-crawler-rcs/)
-   -   The Chop Shop- Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/non-crawler-rcs/536965-chop-shop-pro-street-k5-blazer-project-traxxas-funny-car-meets-ascender.html)

Hoosierdady 09-11-2015 02:47 PM

Re: The Chop Shop- Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullsizecrawler (Post 5276037)
amazing work. any more updates on this build

Some. I got the body pretty well lined out. I still have to do the rest of the interior and get a new ESC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScGRaceR (Post 5259744)
such a great combo! looks amazing!

Thanks "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcbsc (Post 5264253)
Just chiming in to say keep up the killer work! Idea...maybe some magnets glued on the inside of the body and clip so when the front comes down it will line up better, also more rigid when actually running this thing, although I'd be afraid I'd wreck it after doing so much work!

If anyone else is going to make one, a cool idea would be a rear hinge body like a funny car with custom cage inside!

I was going to do that very thing. I have magnetic tape as well as some very thin magnets to use. It'll get ran at carshows and basically that's it. It's a shelf queen for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by W1ck3d0n3 (Post 5265233)
I sooooo I love with this k5. U do some of the most amazing builds. I wish u did a drifter build so I could copy some of your ideas to build mine.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Thanks man. I did a Clod Lowrider a while back in this same section. Other than that I have done a couple of touring bodies. Both lexan, but the favorite is the Transam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjwalker (Post 5294446)
SWEET!!! as always there is just no body that fits is there never fails lol

They all have to be modified it seems. :mrgreen:

I've got a few things in front of this beast, but it'll either get done this winter or sold this winter, not sure which yet.

W1ck3d0n3 09-29-2015 12:18 AM

Re: The Chop Shop- Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

Hay bra any update on the k5.

Hoosierdady 09-29-2015 09:14 AM

Nope. It may be going up for sale soon. I've just lost interest in it for now.

W1ck3d0n3 09-29-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoosierdady (Post 5304947)
Nope. It may be going up for sale soon. I've just lost interest in it for now.

Well I would love to have it but Im broke as a joke and not happy. Been hard to find work.

joe122 11-24-2015 06:11 PM

Just stumbled across this build, just an amazing, ultra cool - very well conceived and thought out build. Just love this build. Question, I just started a tube frame "shop truck" build, and am also using the funny car components, for the front suspension but haven't received the parts yet. If you still have the Blazer, can you tell me what the front track width is please? I am considering cutting the carrier in half, to get the width I need for my body - which I also can't start yet until i figure out my exact front and rear track width as this build will also be a low rider, and 2WD as well. Thanks!

rally racer #75 01-15-2016 01:58 PM

As much as I want to see that car do wheelies, I also don't want to see a beautiful body like that get all scratched up.

very cool!!"thumbsup"

Mega Fattie 02-27-2016 08:21 PM

What the #%^*!

this build is badass! Did you sell this?

Hoosierdady 02-29-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega Fattie (Post 5455247)
What the #%^*!

this build is badass! Did you sell this?

Yup, she's gone.

W1ck3d0n3 07-25-2016 07:16 AM

Re: Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

Do you have any shots of what the new owner has done to it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

BIGJFLWRS 08-06-2016 08:57 PM

Update on this truck since it has changed hands of ownership. Truck is in Kentucky and will be getting some updates mainly chassis will be getting switched to Aluminum along with aluminum tubs for the rear and eventually a interior hopefully full scale from DinkyRC. Seen this up for sale and just had to have it. Progress won't be quick and hopefully will be back up driving soon! If you want to follow the truck on Facebook please look for NKY RC ACTION as updates will be there faster.

greengoblin 01-14-2018 06:55 AM

Re: Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

This girl is now in The great state of Georgia and will be getting a tube chassis soon.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cc8c59b997.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dave_In_Florida 01-15-2018 03:01 AM

If you're using Chrome or Firefox browser, there are plugins that let photobucket photo's show up. Works awesome.