Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: The Chop Shop- Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #61
Fan of wheelspeed

Default Re: The Chop Shop- Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsizecrawler View Post
amazing work. any more updates on this build
Some. I got the body pretty well lined out. I still have to do the rest of the interior and get a new ESC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScGRaceR View Post
such a great combo! looks amazing!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbsc View Post
Just chiming in to say keep up the killer work! Idea...maybe some magnets glued on the inside of the body and clip so when the front comes down it will line up better, also more rigid when actually running this thing, although I'd be afraid I'd wreck it after doing so much work!

If anyone else is going to make one, a cool idea would be a rear hinge body like a funny car with custom cage inside!
I was going to do that very thing. I have magnetic tape as well as some very thin magnets to use. It'll get ran at carshows and basically that's it. It's a shelf queen for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ck3d0n3 View Post
I sooooo I love with this k5. U do some of the most amazing builds. I wish u did a drifter build so I could copy some of your ideas to build mine.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
Thanks man. I did a Clod Lowrider a while back in this same section. Other than that I have done a couple of touring bodies. Both lexan, but the favorite is the Transam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwalker View Post
SWEET!!! as always there is just no body that fits is there never fails lol
They all have to be modified it seems.

I've got a few things in front of this beast, but it'll either get done this winter or sold this winter, not sure which yet.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2015, 12:18 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: The Chop Shop- Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

Hay bra any update on the k5.
W1ck3d0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #63
Fan of wheelspeed

Nope. It may be going up for sale soon. I've just lost interest in it for now.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdady View Post
Nope. It may be going up for sale soon. I've just lost interest in it for now.
Well I would love to have it but Im broke as a joke and not happy. Been hard to find work.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:11 PM   #65
RCC Addict

Just stumbled across this build, just an amazing, ultra cool - very well conceived and thought out build. Just love this build. Question, I just started a tube frame "shop truck" build, and am also using the funny car components, for the front suspension but haven't received the parts yet. If you still have the Blazer, can you tell me what the front track width is please? I am considering cutting the carrier in half, to get the width I need for my body - which I also can't start yet until i figure out my exact front and rear track width as this build will also be a low rider, and 2WD as well. Thanks!
joe122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:58 PM   #66
Rock Stacker

As much as I want to see that car do wheelies, I also don't want to see a beautiful body like that get all scratched up.

very cool!!
rally racer #75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:21 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

What the #%^*!

this build is badass! Did you sell this?
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:14 AM   #68
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Fattie View Post
What the #%^*!

this build is badass! Did you sell this?
Yup, she's gone.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:16 AM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

Do you have any shots of what the new owner has done to it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2016, 08:57 PM   #70

Update on this truck since it has changed hands of ownership. Truck is in Kentucky and will be getting some updates mainly chassis will be getting switched to Aluminum along with aluminum tubs for the rear and eventually a interior hopefully full scale from DinkyRC. Seen this up for sale and just had to have it. Progress won't be quick and hopefully will be back up driving soon! If you want to follow the truck on Facebook please look for NKY RC ACTION as updates will be there faster.
BIGJFLWRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:55 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender

This girl is now in The great state of Georgia and will be getting a tube chassis soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
greengoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:01 AM   #72
Rock Stacker

If you're using Chrome or Firefox browser, there are plugins that let photobucket photo's show up. Works awesome.
Dave_In_Florida is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blazer, funny, pro, street, traxxas

The Chop Shop- Pro Street K5 Blazer Project - Traxxas funny car meets Ascender - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold my project car and I bought an Ascender! jaydubya2003 Vaterra Ascender 28 04-06-2020 01:56 PM
The Chop Shop- 1990 Class 1 Topless K5 Blazer Hoosierdady 1.9 Scale Rigs 210 04-05-2016 02:49 PM
Traxxas RC Funny car! 1BadJeepBruiser Chit Chat 33 04-11-2012 10:34 AM