Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: ActivePowerSports.com aka Escondido Motorsports aka sidebysidesports.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2015, 01:36 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Angry ActivePowerSports.com aka Escondido Motorsports aka sidebysidesports.com

I'm not sure if this is the right place for a heads up on a shady company, but since it pertains to the purchase of a brand new hard to find release of the on-road 1/10 HPI RS4 Sport 3 Flux 911, the r/c portion of Escondido Powersports which is ActivePowerSports.com claimed to have the item in stock so I went ahead purchased it about $20-30 above MSRP AND EXPRESS 2 DAY SHIPPING.

Obviously I paid via PayPal for my security. I have purchased crawler parts from them sometimes at slightly above pricing I could find elsewhere but only if I absolutely needed the part for an upcoming event or build. Never had an issue with delays or back orders until this purchase which totaled to $330.25.

I had to file a dispute against ActivePowerSports.com aka SidebySideSports.com DBA Escondido Motorsports after some one there notified me the item would back ordered 3-4 weeks without a guaranteed time frame they would receive it by. They also said in the email we can give you the option of a full PayPal refund. I replied same day.

6 days later still no response despite the fact I had already opened a dispute ticket with PayPal against this company for false advertising.

If they were back ordered, then I'd rather wait instead of paying $20-$30 above MSRP AND the rush 2 day delivery. What idiot would? Time was of the essence on this order for my kid.

Finally got my PayPal funds back today in 2 hours. Never will I buy from these guys again. Promising things in their website they don't necessarily have in stock then delaying A FULL BUSINESS WEEK of not replying to a customer's agreement to a full refund as issued from the company?

Hope nobody else has to go through that hassle.

Last edited by alexchen86; 09-17-2015 at 02:27 PM.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

ActivePowerSports.com aka Escondido Motorsports aka sidebysidesports.com - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harvie Passage aka RiverTrail aka Calgary Civic Trail Truck Park. Timbulb Canada 0 05-12-2013 12:20 PM
IH Scout aka:Ambush DirkDigler 2.2 Scale Rigs 183 05-29-2007 02:45 PM