Added info for Human.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2018, 08:24 AM   #42

Default Re: Fyrstormer's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Added info for Human.
Congratulations! Your life is forever changed in the best way possible.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:03 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

finally took the plunge after seeing your human build thread.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
i wish i knew you were into the nitro RS4. i just sold mine earlier this year. it was the RS4 3 plus with roto-start. i think i ruined the motor though. i last ran it maybe 2008 and never ran any post-run through it to keep it from gumming up. i felt bad about that so i tossed in a ton of extras with the sale. (spare engine, clutch, air filter, exhaust...)

man that CRX... you do that on purpose? save the best for last? that thing is AWESOME.

i hear ya on the need for a solid axle stadium truck though. nobody quite nailed it yet. i thought the kyosho outlaw was going to be it until i saw it was MOA.
nice to see all the Tamiya love too. great thread, don't know why it took me so long to have a look!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:26 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Glad you liked my thread. I didn't really intentionally save the Mini RS4 for last, it just took a few years for me to develop the skills necessary to build one properly, and they're so rare now that they need a lot of TLC to get them ready to run again.

I honestly wonder if anyone can build a truly excellent sold-rear-axle truck. The solid rear axle is a lot of unsprung weight, and a much higher percentage of the total weight in the rear of the truck, as compared to a real stadium truck. I'd like to see someone make a battery tray that sits really low in the rear of a solid-rear-axle truck, to increase the ratio of sprung weight to unsprung weight in the rear without raising the center of gravity really high like the Twin Hammers, but as long as designers keep using 4-link suspension there won't be room for a low-slung rear battery tray. If I had more fabricating ability I'd just make my own.

Last edited by fyrstormer; 11-01-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:27 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

did you just try to tell a yeti owner that a solid rear axle places too much weight out back?! ROFLCOPTER i actually made mine worse. bought it used with a VP ar60. axle shafts were bent so i ditched the whole unit for a nylon (read: NOT HEAVY) SSD unit. my yeti is VERY front heavy now. but makes for GREAT beach drifting on wet sand. ;)
but yeah i wish somebody would get it right...
wait until i finally build my solid axle drift car. when i (eventually) do, its gonna be rad.

super amazing job on that CRX. i wish i kept my RS4 but i just don't have the patience for nitro anymore.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:52 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Oh, it's not the total weight in the rear that's the problem, they all need more total weight in the rear. The problem is the unsprung weight in the rear. I suppose a really heavy axle might offset that problem somewhat by forcing the tire foams to do more work over bumps, but my preferred approach would still be to have a low-slung battery tray mounted to the chassis just above the rear axle.

Nitro isn't particularly labor-intensive for me. A lot of that is because I don't push my engines to the limit, so I'm not trying to balance their performance on a knife-edge.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:02 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Oh I see what you mean. Hence the bucking rear. Gotcha.
I'm still trying to figure out shock oil weight. I would just give up and sell it off for a bomber but the yeti is what got me back into rc so it is safe from the purge.

Anyway... If you could get just one more rig added to your garage, what would it be?
Old 11-04-2018, 04:20 AM   #48
RCC Addict

I honestly don't know at this point. Pretty much every RC car/truck niche is represented in my collection already, except for drifting which I'm not interested in. I'm going to have to wait to see if anyone comes out with a cool new design in the near future.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:43 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Updated contact info at the top of the first post.

Fyrstormer's Garage - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My garage sickcivic95 Scale Accessories 20 04-28-2015 09:56 PM
Mikes garage of doom garage comp.... scorpion_ax Videos! 1 12-18-2012 09:37 PM
In the garage Belfast Chit Chat 5 11-03-2012 11:02 AM
my garage MX70 New Mexico 8 09-04-2012 06:46 PM
Garage course wolverine31 General Crawlers 19 03-23-2010 03:55 PM