Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: The latest generation BWD Phantom kit for Traxxas 2WD vehicles is here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2015, 04:17 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default The latest generation BWD Phantom kit for Traxxas 2WD vehicles is here!

My Phantom Conversion Chassis Kit has received some updates to make it leaner and meaner! We've shipped a handful out so far and we are getting nothing but positive reviews. Basher - Phantom Short Wheel Based Conversion Chassis for TRX 2WD - Billet Works Designs

Even better, the fully detailed build instructions are now live at Billet Works Designs - Build Instructions - Phantom

This conversion kit makes for a nearly bomb proof basher with insane aerial agility! People have questioned the short wheelbase...but we did it on purpose. It handles like a whole different animal (thanks to a truly rigid chassis and suspension), and is very easy to control on a 4 pole 3s system.
Attached Images

billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2015, 10:10 AM   #2

Default Re: The latest generation BWD Phantom kit for Traxxas 2WD vehicles is here!

That looks awesome. I really liked the quality of the first gen phantom I had. Kinda wish I didn't sell it. How is the battery held in place?
FullMetalGrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:55 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: The latest generation BWD Phantom kit for Traxxas 2WD vehicles is here!

Thanks my friend. I still have my original Phantom here and it's the rig I let friends beat on...it's heavily abused and scratched, but never a broken piece.

When running a big 5500 3s, I just use a velcro battery strap going through the slots in the side plates. For smaller batteries, I also add the use of small foam blocks as needed. Axial Racing Battery Tray Foam Pad Set [AXI31234] | Parts - AMain Performance Hobbies - AMain Performance Hobbies
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:38 AM   #4

Looks sweet, ordered it today and I can't wait to get mine. Ran out of things to upgrade on my P2de and I decided to go with this over an Xtreme Racing CF chassis.

It's nice to know how the battery is secured (I run a 5000MAH hard case 2s) and luckily a post on here let me know of a good solution to a battery box (wraith box) and I already got one waiting.
kringlekrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 11:01 AM   #5

excited to see your build! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of these soon too
FullMetalGrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:02 PM   #6

I'll be posting pics of my build one I get the conversion

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
kringlekrush is offline   Reply With Quote

The latest generation BWD Phantom kit for Traxxas 2WD vehicles is here! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BWD 2WD Bodiless Basher Extreme Conversion for Traxxas Slash/Stampede/Rustler/Bandit billet works Non Crawler RC's 29 02-07-2013 08:43 AM
BWD Phantom 2WD Chassis for Traxxas Slash, Stampede, Rustler douglastee Newbie General 6 01-30-2013 07:43 PM