Notices

Thread: Any other TT02 here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2017, 07:33 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Any other TT02 here

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Man, this thread makes me want to hurry up and finish my MST CFX-W build and get to work on my TT-02 Porsche Carrera RSR. I've already got a TT-01E MK5 VW GTI that was built to look like my old car. Tamiya does great with lexan bodies.
Glad to see I'm not alone here. And yes, Tamiya bodies are a step above all other Mfg's in my eyes. I haven't seen them all or all other mfg's but my sample size of one Tamiya is incredible versus the many Proline's, Traxxas, Losi, AE bodies I've had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Most baseline Tamiya kits come with plastic bushings. Replacing them with ball bearings is highly recommended.. Do a little digging on ebay, there's a lot of TT02 parts out there. if you don't mind ordering from overseas, RCMart has an incredible TT02 selection (I just ordered my carbon towers from there) Just be aware that some of the suspension parts for the TT02S do not work on the regular TT02.

Wheel wobble, I used some Traxxas shims to take out most of the in and out play. I'm also running a bearing kit from Fast Eddy.
I agree, RCmart does have a wide selection but I haven't ordered there as I'm spoiled by RPP and Amazon Prime in which I expect fast shipping now. I did order a YR adjustable motor mount on Amazon, via 3rd party seller, and its been 8 days with no delivery and I'm impatient as hell now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
TQ Racing is my favorite source for onroad parts. They ship fast and shipping is only $2.99 on most small orders.

https://www.tqrcracing.com/

Good to hear SVT say they are quick to ship and only $2.99. I will be ordering some spurs and pinions to for the 17.5T from www.tqrcracing.com to give them a chance.

Quote:
To take care of the wheel wobble, check to make sure your wheel hexes are seated properly. I had to reinstall the hex on one of my wheels like 3 times because the pin kept moving slightly causing the hex to sit uneven. 5 mm shims to take up the in and out play on the axle helps too. If you haven't already, definitely replace any bushings with bearings. A full set of bearings is only like $15 but is one of the best things you can do for the base kit.

Yep, Fast Eddy has a $15 kit. Many trust his bearings for scalers and crawlers in the mud and wet so I'm sure they'll be great for the TT02.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2017, 07:52 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
Good to hear SVT say they are quick to ship and only $2.99. I will be ordering some spurs and pinions to for the 17.5T from www.tqrcracing.com to give them a chance.
They are like RPP level quick on getting orders out. I ordered a few things on monday at 1:30 and had a notification the order shipped at 5:30. Tracking says my order will be waiting for me when I get home today.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:30 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
They are like RPP level quick on getting orders out. I ordered a few things on monday at 1:30 and had a notification the order shipped at 5:30. Tracking says my order will be waiting for me when I get home today.
TQ is great. Definitely a great source of on-road parts.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:32 AM   #44

I can also confirm that TQ RC Racing is an awesome place! It's my go-to for on-road stuff.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:30 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Finally got some pics of mine. Just tore the electronics out and am swapping some stuff around. TT02R kit with a few aluminum goodies here and there. The GPM upper camber arms fell apart, so some new ones are on order along with some other goodies.

RX7 Body currently. Looks great, but not a fan of the headlights. They stick on with double sided tape...fine for drifting, but not so great on a racetrack. Removed them for now.

OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

nice!
I was just going to say to everyone talking about bearings... the R series comes with bearings, for less than the cost of fast eddy on regular TT02. plus you get those extra aluminum bits. TT02R = best bang for the buck BY FAR. that's why I got a TT01R back in the day. might give it to my son when I get a RWD drifter.

btw I have Tamiya upper adjustable arms. only complaint is not enough adjustability.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:12 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

No question the TypeR is the way to go. The TypeS is good, but I hear the added bits to accommodate the TA suspension can be a bit finicky, not to mention impossible to find separately..

The base kit is not bad at all out of the box though. Bearings and oil shocks and you're golden.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:20 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

so i stumbled accross a vid from yeah racing on youtube last night. They are about to release a RWD kit for TT02! While its no eagle frd, this makes it a tuff choice for me now to decide between mst fxxd, or reliability and parts availability of tt02.
I think im leaning towards tamiya. Just hope the price of the yr kit is reasonable..
Old 08-12-2017, 05:45 PM   #49

I built one of the Porsche kits last winter: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:13 AM   #50
RCC Addict

Trying to find some time to get my 17.5T and gearing installed right now. New house and projects are taking all my time right now...
Old 08-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

I just rebuilt mine with the white hard chassis, and the rest of the white chassis parts to match. The hard chassis is much stiffer than stock, it feels super solid. I didn't think I'd like the white, but once it all came together, it looks pretty slick. Kinda like an 80's RC10 and the white nylon.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:40 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Pics or it didn't happen! Before the knife came out..

Optional hard white chassis...with the TT02R parts and red motor, it's quite patriotic lol

Front done. Carbon towers added while it was apart. Already had the steering and knuckle upgrades.

Rear assembly. Another carbon tower, and Yeah Racing uppers. Far better quality than the GPM parts I had on.

Chassis complete with a few other white parts trees...Love the white!! Didn't think I would, but I think it came out cool. Body is white, so it all fits. Chassis is much stiffer than stock, should improve handling quite a bit.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:51 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Pics or it didn't happen! Before the knife came out..
Love the white. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. I don't think I'd like the blue chassis. Blue plastics are an odd shade of blue. But a combo of white and blue might look awesome. I don't want to be a copycat, but I might have to.

It's interesting that the white chassis is offered in standard and hard. At least that's the way I read it.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Ugh this thread reminds me of unfinished business.... ok. I guess I better finish my TT01E GTI kit. Never finished it. I think wheels, some body details, and lighting were all I had left. After that.... onto my TT02 Porsche RSR. Also need to get a TT02R chassis for the Porsche 911 997 GT3 CUP body I bought
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

almost there guys! not sure how much longer but YR has the RWD kit prototype running!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgcZaw0hXmA

motor location is a bummer for anyone wanting to run a drift truck with drop bed. otherwise looks great!
Old 10-28-2017, 09:52 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Started to install the new stuff. Pulled out the stock propshaft for the new Tamiya aluminum one only to realize that I got a TT01 set instead of TT02. So back in went the stock propshaft and back to shopping online for the correct parts.

I did go ahead and install the high speed gear set with a 82t 64p spur. Also installed the Yeah Racing adjustable motor mount and loaded up the sweet Tekin 17.5t gen 3 motor. I had to file down the slot of the motor mount to allow the motor to pivot smoothly, it was almost impossible to get the motor screws started muchless adjust the motor position. I put a 47t 64p pinion on and then shaved the motor cover for clearing the larger pinions.

I ran out of time since we had to go find pumpkins and fall decor.... but it’s back together. I just need to solder up the ESC to motor wires and then program the esc for brushless. It should be ready to rip again shortly.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:36 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

I'm trying to convert my TT02 to rear wheel drive drifter, I bought some wide angle steering arms and having problems figuring out the turn buckle lengths, the problem is I get a extreme steering angle on one wheel and the other wheel is almost straight

So I know the turn buckle lengths are not right and the wheels are tipped in when centered, you adjust the so the wheels are not tipped in, you then lose the extreme steering angle, so I don't get it, I can't find any info online how long to make the turn buckles

I can't even find a starting point, have tried different rod ends and that didn't help, looked at the Eagle TT02 info and there nothing that helps me, I see Yeah Racing is making a TT02 RWD kit but there still no released date or a price

I did see a Yeah Racing HPI Sprint RWD kit for $100 that was released earlier this year, I hoping the TT02 is reasonable priced like the Sprint kit

So my TT02 sits until I figure out the steering and have asked on here and got no responses, my only option is to drive 70 miles round trip

To go to CKRC in Reno Nevada, they sell rock crawlers and do not sell any on road stuff at all so it would be a waste of my time to drive up there

So I'm stuck until I can figure it out, I need help and I found Whip It RC in Panther Valley Nevada, its like a hour and 20 minute drive one way

I'd rather get help on here and order parts online, then to drive an hour and 20 minutes, just for them to not to be able to help me
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 10-29-2017 at 12:39 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:43 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Have you tried posting on Rctech?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

I spent about 30 minutes to 45 minutes on Rctech, didn't find nothing that helps me, they do have some TT02 posts
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:07 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

i just typed "TT02 steering angle kit" on google image and saw this

looks like you need more stuff to even out the linkage on the servo side?

also did a screen grab from YEAH Racing youtube vid of their prototype RWD kit for TT02 (still no word on when this will hit the market...)

Last edited by Shinchu; 11-01-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Any other TT02 here - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rally bug bit me...now i have a tt02 smokinloon Rally 4 08-08-2015 10:26 AM
My Tamiya TT02 Type S/BMW Build OkinawaCrawler Non Crawler RC's 0 05-03-2015 02:59 AM
Tamiya Sand Rover Holiday buggy Fast Attack Vehicle TT01 TT02 M05 M06 F1 at Punggol E boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 04-08-2014 09:32 AM
Tamiya tt02 with eagle racing suspension viking252200 Rally 1 10-15-2013 01:47 PM