Notices

Thread: JatoTheRipper Tamiya M-07 Concept

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2017, 08:46 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: JatoTheRipper Tamiya M-07 Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Thanks! The wheels look too dated for my liking. And there's something about 3-spoke wheels that drive me nuts. They just don't look right at all to me.

I agree but that's why you need them.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #22

Here's a rough cut and test fit of the body. Much to my dismay the body arrived with the body post holes and another hole, possibly for an antenna, pre-cut. The front body posts lined up perfectly. The rear posts are off by an inch or so. Oh well.

I really like the way this sits! My slammed minivan. I love when a plan comes together.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
I agree but that's why you need them.
Because you're sick and because it rubbed off on me I went searching for the wheels. They actually look much better than expected. But thankfully, or maybe unfortunately, I can't find them in stock anywhere.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:48 PM   #24

Let's get some paint on this bad girl. I'm digging it. I didn't want to paint it blue, but the LHS didn't have many good colors in stock.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:17 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Man, that is awesome! Would definitely look better with those tri-spokes...
Old 08-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

am I the only one who has an almost uncontrollable urge to drive up the hood and flex on its roof?
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
Man, that is awesome! Would definitely look better with those tri-spokes...

If you can find those unicorns I'll gladly put them on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
am I the only one who has an almost uncontrollable urge to drive up the hood and flex on its roof?
Stay off my hood unless you're a a hot girl in a bikini!
Old 08-12-2017, 06:54 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Stay off my hood unless you're a a hot girl in a bikini!
what if it has a beard and man titties? what then? nice blue, need 3 spokes, needs camber. why don't ya make some wheels man? 3d printing works wonders.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:29 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
what if it has a beard and man titties? what then? nice blue, need 3 spokes, needs camber. why don't ya make some wheels man? 3d printing works wonders.
I just threw up in my mouth! Haha.

I could make some wheels. I don't like the three spoke wheels enough to put in the work.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:30 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Second that vote. 3D print them tri spokes. And stance that girl out
Old 08-12-2017, 08:54 AM   #31

This kit surprisingly has a lot of decals. Most of them are to simulate the plastic and rubber trim around the windows as well as black, unpainted bumpers. I chose not to use most of those.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:21 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Looking perfect - I like the wheels you're using, and that amount of detail is perfect. I need to pick one up and get a Honda Fit Sport (Jazz for the rest of the world)) body to match my 1:1.

Very glad to see Tamiya still releasing newer M-chassis!

Still need to decide what chassis to put under my NOS ABC Hobbies Lancia Stratos. It's all I have left from my old R/C days. That one comes with the Alitalia Rally decals but I want to do it up as a Stradale (street) version.

Got to be extremely low-profile up front and I really want the motor to be mounted rear/mid as the 1:1, and RWD. I'd put up with AWD if I had to. 210mm WB.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:51 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Looking perfect - I like the wheels you're using, and that amount of detail is perfect. I need to pick one up and get a Honda Fit Sport (Jazz for the rest of the world)) body to match my 1:1.

Very glad to see Tamiya still releasing newer M-chassis!

Still need to decide what chassis to put under my NOS ABC Hobbies Lancia Stratos. It's all I have left from my old R/C days. That one comes with the Alitalia Rally decals but I want to do it up as a Stradale (street) version.

Got to be extremely low-profile up front and I really want the motor to be mounted rear/mid as the 1:1, and RWD. I'd put up with AWD if I had to. 210mm WB.
Thank you! I like wheels too.

How do you like your Fit? I loved the look of those things when they came out. I'm a fan of mini cars in real life. I wasn't always that way. I never thought I'd be driving a Kia Soul and really liking it. And I've always really wanted a Mini Cooper. Go karts for the streets! I just wish they weren't all FWD.

Who makes the Fit body? I know Blitz makes a Jazz.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

I thought Tamiya mad a fit body? my uncle has a mo3 with a fit body and he has a actual fit himself. I joked before and told him to swap in a spoon engine..
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:12 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

I bought mine new in 2010, drove it off the lot completely paid for. Apartment fire insurance money and a trade-in. Hasn't even hit 50K miles yet!

I really want new wheels to make it pop - already running much better tires - 205/50/16 instead of the 185/55/16 stockers. I don't want bigger or wider wheels sticking out, just to personalize my vehicle.

Very fun to drive, although nowhere near my ex-girlfriends Miata! Unfortunately since I commute inn very heavy traffic daily, I got the auto trans w/paddles instead of a stick like my previous cars.

There are 1st gen Fit/Jazz bodies available, although 2nd gen are hard to find - which I obviously what want. The Blitz Jazz is horribly out of scale.

The new Kia Soul Turbo TV commercials crack me up - Motorhead & Hamsters! 201HP! I like them as well. I almost got a Soul, at the last test drive of the Fit I just preferred it.

I'd like a bit more power, but I corner really aggressively already and wear my tires out with my puny 1.5 pushing all of 117HP.

One of my favorite things is with the rear seats folded flat - I can put my 27.5" MTB in the back without removing a wheel or the seat.

Last edited by durok; 08-12-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #36

Quote:
I bought mine new in 2010, drove it off the lot completely paid for. Apartment fire insurance money and a trade-in. Hasn't even hit 50K miles yet!

I really want new wheels to make it pop - already running much better tires - 205/50/16 instead of the 185/55/6 stockers. I don't want bigger or wider wheels sticking out, just to personalize my vehicle.

Very fun to drive, although nowhere near my ex-girlfriends Miata! Unfortunately since I commute inn very heavy traffic daily, I got the auto trans w/paddles instead of a stick like my previous cars.

There are 1st gen Fit/Jazz bodies available, although 2nd gen are hard to find - which I obviously what want. The Blitz Jazz is horribly out of scale.

The new Kia Soul Turbo TV commercials crack me up - Motorhead & Hamsters! 201HP! I like them as well. I almost got a Soul, at the last test drive of the Fit I just preferred it.

I'd like a bit more power, but I corner really aggressively already and wear my tires out with my puny 1.5 pushing all of 117HP.

One of my favorite things is with the rear seats folded flat - I can put my 27.5" MTB in the back without removing a wheel or the seat.
117 HP?! Holy cow. My Soul (previous Gen that has, IMHO, a nicer looking body) has a claimed 160 something and I wish I had more. LOL. It's a torquey little bugger though. But, like you said, it's all about the handling.

Mine has an auto paddle shift transmission as well. I hate stick for the daily commute.

The Blitz bodies don't look the best. I hope the one I chose looks better. The Jazz, for sure, looks out of proportion. I wish somebody made a Soul body!
Old 08-12-2017, 02:18 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

The Honda is about 200lbs lighter than the Soul, depending on year and options - but I'd like 160HP in mine!
Sprintex sells an all-inclusive supercharger kit that gives 170HP...

(for $2500!!!)
Old 08-12-2017, 02:41 PM   #38

Quote:
The Honda is about 200lbs lighter than the Soul, depending on year and options - but I'd like 160HP in mine!
Sprintex sells an all-inclusive supercharger kit that gives 170HP...

(for $2500!!!)
Good point! I'm 15 to 20 pounds lighter than I was when I bought the Soul so I guess I upgraded my performance.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:03 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

Sweet build Jato. This one is my beater circa 2007. You and a few others will appreciate this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mudflap84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:04 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Oops. The pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mudflap84 is offline   Reply With Quote