Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: JatoTheRipper Tamiya M-07 Concept

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2017, 04:52 PM   #61

Default Re: JatoTheRipper Tamiya M-07 Concept

I finally had a chance to drive my M-07 outside of my driveway. A few of us got together for a parking lot bash session.

My M-07 with a friend's M-06 Alfa Romeo:

My M-07 and Sakura XI Sport:

Group shots:

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2017, 06:42 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Fun time today - note the cones all over.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:54 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Totally cool, looks a blast with everyone having sweet rides - I am digging the Alpine A110.

Had one back in the day, early version M-Chassis - stupidly traded for something newer and always wished I hadn't.

Should get a new one!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Fun time today - note the cones all over.
Cone carnage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Totally cool, looks a blast with everyone having sweet rides - I am digging the Alpine A110.

Had one back in the day, early version M-Chassis - stupidly traded for something newer and always wished I hadn't.

Should get a new one!
You should get one! Like anything, the M-chassis is more fun when you have friends to run them with. I had a little fun driving the M-07 in my driveway, but I had a total blast racing it yesterday with the other M-cars.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #65
~THE SCALE SHOP~

digging that Zakspeed group 5 ford!
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
Couldn't keep it in a straight line, but it sure was fun!

M04RR (Rear motor conversion)
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:02 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
I have always love the Capri as well, when I was young and in Germany I heard the German pronunciation - it's fun!

Try it "Auf Deutsch":

"Tsack-schpeed"

(the "a" in Zak is as in "ah", and "Zack" you can emphasize like comic-book superhero sound effects, as loud as ya want )

I'm a bit loopy in the head, a bunch of Tylenol PM just hit my bloodstream, my neck is killin' me!

BTW - Jato, Someday I'll buy either the old M-06 RWD chassis with the body, or an AWD non-Tamiya Mini-sized chassis - as the Mini-sized body I currently own is an unpainted ABC Hobby Lancia Stratos (Ulimate car for me!) - the A110 would be daily driver body, Stratos the shelf-queen one...

And both were RWD vehicles for realsies! Maybe a "flipped" RWD version of the M-07 comes out someday... just can't run FWD, I know it handles better than RWD but not cool under either body - I'd accept AWD for the performance benefit and mentally justify that...

That would be eventually my 1st on-road after 8+ years, a Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 converted to a Rally version the last... limiting myself at this time to 5 total RC's - got my Ascender already, and a Bomber in pieces. The 4th will probably be some sort of military truck or Unimog turned Dakar-Rally RAID. I might use my Bomber kit leftover parts and the Xtreme Racing chassis rail conversion as a base for that one!

Number 5 I'm leaving open... new RC releases come out every so on, thankfully...

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Nice thread, I've just built one of these. Im waiting on the esc, shell and tyres now

Curb Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:40 PM   #69

Quote:
I have always love the Capri as well, when I was young and in Germany I heard the German pronunciation - it's fun!

Try it "Auf Deutsch":

"Tsack-schpeed"

(the "a" in Zak is as in "ah", and "Zack" you can emphasize like comic-book superhero sound effects, as loud as ya want )

I'm a bit loopy in the head, a bunch of Tylenol PM just hit my bloodstream, my neck is killin' me!

BTW - Jato, Someday I'll buy either the old M-06 RWD chassis with the body, or an AWD non-Tamiya Mini-sized chassis - as the Mini-sized body I currently own is an unpainted ABC Hobby Lancia Stratos (Ulimate car for me!) - the A110 would be daily driver body, Stratos the shelf-queen one...

And both were RWD vehicles for realsies! Maybe a "flipped" RWD version of the M-07 comes out someday... just can't run FWD, I know it handles better than RWD but not cool under either body - I'd accept AWD for the performance benefit and mentally justify that...

That would be eventually my 1st on-road after 8+ years, a Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 converted to a Rally version the last... limiting myself at this time to 5 total RC's - got my Ascender already, and a Bomber in pieces. The 4th will probably be some sort of military truck or Unimog turned Dakar-Rally RAID. I might use my Bomber kit leftover parts and the Xtreme Racing chassis rail conversion as a base for that one!

Number 5 I'm leaving open... new RC releases come out every so on, thankfully...

German is a cool language!

I chose an FWD body because of the chassis. I agree, the body must match the chassis for these Tamiya M-Chassis cars. I don't know why because I'm not typically a scale snob!

I do wish the M-07 offered the shortest, 210mm wheelbase. It's a shame it doesn't because there are a ton of awesome bodies at that size.

I hope the updated M-06 is released soon. I assume it will be called the M-08 since the RWD cars are even numbers. I'd buy it for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb Crawler View Post
Nice thread, I've just built one of these. Im waiting on the esc, shell and tyres now
I did not install that little shelf you have. What are you going to put up there?

Which electronics did you choose?
Old 09-18-2017, 02:00 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Dunno what to do with the shelf tbh, I'll make my mind up when I wire it up, the motor is a Tamiya Lighty Tuned 28t and the esc will be a HW Quicrun 1060
Old 09-18-2017, 03:30 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb Crawler View Post
Dunno what to do with the shelf tbh, I'll make my mind up when I wire it up, the motor is a Tamiya Lighty Tuned 28t and the esc will be a HW Quicrun 1060
Spring for the 1080 over the 1060 if you can. Loads more adjustability and it comes with the programming card!
Old 09-19-2017, 01:20 AM   #72
Rock Crawler

I've got a 1080 in my Trailfinder and i must say it's a awesome esc
Old 09-29-2017, 10:33 AM   #73
Rock Crawler

I've pretty much finshed my build now

Old 09-29-2017, 10:34 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

IMG_0722
Old 09-29-2017, 10:51 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Due you have any info on the Toyota Mojave bodied RC, I'm curios looks like he didn't cut the bed out, like the other Mojave Street conversions I have seen, they cut the beds out to clear the shocks to drop the body low

Cause I know a New Bright Dodge Ram and the Vintage Nikko Toyota truck bodies are 239 240 mm, cause I flipped the rear A arms on my TA02 and fitted the Ram body, and if you flip both the front and rear A arms the Toyota body

Will fit on a TT02 chassis, but when you flip the front A arms, there is no front shock mount and need to create front shock mounts

If I had a M05 with a 239 mm wheelbase both bodies would work

Last edited by kgb424; 12-11-2018 at 01:01 AM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:13 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
...A new trailing buddy got an on-road car just recently which reignited our on-road flame. We had an on-road outing a couple of weeks ago. I saw a couple of Tamiya M-Chassis cars and I knew I had to have one.

I decided on the brand new M-07 Concept. It's FWD. I hate FWD in real life for any kind of fun, but I guess the scale nuts among us have rubbed off on me. I wanted an FWD chassis to go with an FWD body. It would be a new challenge for me as I've never owned or driven an FWD RC.

The only upgrade I started with was the Tamiya titanium screw set. I don't like dealing with Phillips screws if I don't have to. They are not a deal breaker for me like some, but I prefer hex socket head screws. The screw kit is very pricey for what you get, but the hardware is the highest quality I've ever used. My MIP drivers fit very closely in the heads of the titanium screws. It was quiet satisfying to have the drivers "pop" when pulling it out of a screw. It's the little things that make me giddy.

Ah the smell of a new RC kit. Cough, cough. I forgot about the fumes. There aren't many parts here. This shouldn't take too long.

Very nice kit choice, glad to see Tamiya with their nice new fiber blend of plastics! Wow, great driver fit on their titanium screw kit, yes little pricey, but very nice!

Quote:
Looking perfect - I like the wheels you're using, and that amount of detail is perfect. I need to pick one up and get a Honda Fit Sport (Jazz for the rest of the world)) body to match my 1:1.

Very glad to see Tamiya still releasing newer M-chassis!
X2, the tri-spoke wheels look terrible imo, like the Tamiya pre-glued multi-spokes you selected!

Durok, buy one already!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:56 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

I do wish the M-07 offered the shortest, 210mm wheelbase. It's a shame it doesn't because there are a ton of awesome bodies at that size.
This is probably the only reason I haven't picked one up.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:38 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
This is probably the only reason I haven't picked one up.
There are a lot of 210mm bodies, but I can't see the car being too much fun at that wheelbase. It's twitchy enough at 225mm.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 08:26 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

I’m sure I saw a teaser for a 210 MM M07, somewhere on the internet.
My favorite body for the M chassis cars was that old HPI Civic hatchback. It was simple, & the decals layed down & stayed down.

What do you guys think of that new “Dancing Rider” (I think that’s what it’s called) trike?
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:50 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbart View Post
I’m sure I saw a teaser for a 210 MM M07, somewhere on the internet.
My favorite body for the M chassis cars was that old HPI Civic hatchback. It was simple, & the decals layed down & stayed down.

What do you guys think of that new “Dancing Rider” (I think that’s what it’s called) trike?
The 210mm M-07 chassis was a hoax.

It's awesome! I need to get one!