Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: My new TT02 Chassis kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2017, 10:33 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: My new TT02 Chassis kit

ok 11.3'' = 287mm's and in the picture the wheelbase looks closer to around 290mm and body is raised in the front and back cause the bottom of the bed is hitting something and won't drop all the way down, it will with the Hilux bed

so the wheelbase may shorten up once dropped to the ground and raise up just a little to level out the body or at least tip the front lower than the back
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 10-06-2017 at 10:42 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

I got lucky and found the extra set of square headlight lenses, so now I don't need to buy the Hilux round headlighted grill and light buckets, I also found the body hardware kit and will order one when I order the cab and bed
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

The Mojave body I used for mock up goes on my GCM 4 Ten Chassis, I bought a couple of years ago when you could get the yellow body kits and later on the red body's now they are grey prime
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 10-10-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

that 4 ten... let me know if it ever needs a new home!

I need to catch up to you and get going on my drifters!
but first I need to finish the vaterra... making some progress!
ordering a 4 Ch radio and a 12t robinson pinion.
body was just sent off for paint.

my estimation is, after xmas... ITS ON!!!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

I'm still waiting on my TT02 parts from rcMart, I tried to check the tracking it says it left Hong Kong and is with Customs, and says it can sit there for up to 10 days, before delivery, I tried to track with USPS tracking and it says its not in the system

The rcMart website says 7 to 30 days for delivery, there e-mails says it at the US Postal service, coming from China its should be in Customs, the waiting sucks, when I could ordered most of it from Cali and Utah close to me in Northern Nevada

but no I had to save a few bucks and buy it all at one place, in XXXXXXXX China, learned my lesson and should picked states close to me, like I normally do dam it
Old 10-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Well, in my experience with a build...

Patience...

Is key.

Seriously i have learned a lot about how to be patient during this, my first long term build of my ascender.
The parts are ordered, they will get there. Try to busy yourself with a different aspect of the build, like how to get the bed sitting flat, or some cable management for a super clean appearence with the lid off. There is plenty to do with the many aspects of a build while you wait for parts! ;)
Old 10-11-2017, 08:52 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

As for the bed sitting flat, it looked like to me, the top of the spur gear cover or the motor and the rear shock tower/uprights were hitting the bed, My thinking is, if I buy the Tamiya Hilux bed, it might clear everything and not have to cut the bed out

I seen Mad Skins and RC4WD make a fabric Tonneau cover that attaches with Velcro Strips, I also seen a Old School Snug Camper shell that fits the Hilux and Mojave, like they had back in the day when custom Mini Trucks were the Shit

Everybody had a Snug shell painted to match the trucks colors and speakers everywhere, that's were the audio competitions came from, too see how much bass is too much

Last edited by kgb424; 10-11-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:15 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

yup I remember minitruckin magazine hahaha used to buy them all the time.
I'm actually trying to see if that same shell topper from RC4WD will fit my jconcepts ford bed, even if its close I can hack it up and improve the fit with some styrene. my dad had an old glasslite topper and the two look really similar.

so yeah maybe you could do a styrene "tonneu cover" out of styrene that goes flush with the bed edge and put rows of speakers flush mounted on it, and/or top it off with a shell! would give you more weight out back for better handling too.

google image old school minitruck and you find a goldmine hahahahha

annnd I cant talk about minitrucks without talking about this one. the owner, DJ (or Derrick as we knew him) lived right down the street from my buddy in Vista, CA. both the truck and DJ are lowrider/minitruck LEGENDS.

this thread has now taken a very odd turn LOL

Last edited by Shinchu; 10-12-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

I was one of the few White Boys going to car shows, that were nothing but Mini Trucks and Low Riders, and full size Custom Trucks and Hair Bears everywhere Wall to Wall hair, they did have Audio competions and would display there Hydraulics,

And would have Bounce contests for the Low Riders and Trucks, it was crazy to see them getting 3 or 4 feet of air on every bounce, and bouncing until something over heated or broke

Remember seeing Mini Trucks with Hydraulics and the beds cut into 4 pieces, so when they hit the switches the beds open up like a flower and they could make the bed dance, and there was the Bikini contests and other crazy shit

And everybody got along, there was no bullshit, just the love customizing and showing there Old Lady's off, there was no fights, no shootings, no stabbings, it was a good time hanging out with friends

Miss those days

Last edited by kgb424; 10-12-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

yeah it was crazy. my mom took me once when i was like 12. never again LMAO but she also took me to a SCORE show in Anaheim, got rod millen and ivan "the iron man" stewart to sign a cool Toyota baja poster. wish i still had that poster...
Old 10-12-2017, 12:27 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

I grew up in the Bay Area, lived in San Jose CA, I used to go Pleasanton CA for the Good Guys West Coast Grand National Car show, it was a big deal to get invited to display your ride up front

And every year they would change the cut off year, one of my favorite shows was the 1948 and under, it was chrome and Flames as far as the eyes can see, and we loved it

The family used to pile into the Station Wagon and would take a road trips and we would go to Hot August Nights every year for years

My Dad is one that got me started going to Car Shows and Road Trips to Reno and Lake Tahoe to play in the snow in the winter time

Some of my best road trips were in that Wagon with my family and of course my Road Dog in my lap the whole way

I miss you Pepper Dog, you were my good girl

Last edited by kgb424; 10-12-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:29 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Hey Shinchu

I found a Toyota Drift Truck that I really like and want to try and make one like it

Its a Flatbed of all things and its bad ass cause I don't have to cut my TT02 chassis

I can extend the bed and keep the same 257 mm wheelbase, cause the truck in the pictures has a 255mm wheel according info on the truck

That's the Winner Winner of the Cheekin Dinner

Looks like I'm making a flatbed and the creative juices are a flowing

I have seen locally small sheets of Diamond plate and Aluminum and steel but that might be too much weight

I'm thinking about keeping it light as possible maybe some Styrene sheets or the Styrene Diamond plate

Need to look for some tubing or maybe brake line and buy another Toyota cab and get to fabricating
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 10-12-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:58 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

It took me a minute too figure out, to use the body post extenders in the rear of my TA02 to get the Subaru body to drop on easily, not sure if they came with the TA02 or TA03 body mounts, I bought a set of each

And have never used the extension pieces before, without the extenders the rear posts where were off and in between the holes in the rear window and holes in the trunk, now the body posts come up thru the trunk lid

I will keep the Alfa Romeo body as a spare cause, I would have to take the extenders out to use the Alfa body, there both 257mm wheelbase body's, its just to body post holes are different from each other, but still can change body's if I want
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 10-13-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:00 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

I ordered a Tamiya Hilux cab, cause its cheaper than the RC4WD Mojave cab plus I don't have to buy separate door handles, also bought the Hilux grill and the headlight buckets and the body hardware kit

I like the look of the Hilux grill with round headlights better than I do the RC4WD square headlight grill, I got a set of rubber mirrors and some silver sticker paper material and the windshield wipers and found a Toyota windshield sticker with white letters

have a chrome and black front bumper, have the full cab back and the rear window glass and the windshield glass, going to wait a little while on the light kit

Cause I would like too attach some brake light buckets and side marker lights to the flatbed frame, those could adding before the frame is printed or print the rear buckets and marker lights buckets separate pieces

And glue them to flatbed frame

Last edited by kgb424; 10-13-2017 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:50 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

When you buy the Mojave wiring harness, it comes with 12 lights, 2 white that are 5mm for the headlights, 2 white 3mm for the bumper lights, 2 amber 3mm for the marker lights and 6 3mm red lights for brake lights and the rear marker lights

So I looked thru my parts pile and found 4 of these Axial 3mm oval shaped light buckets and the side marker lights, I have seen oval brake lights on real flatbed trucks and some times the tipped at a angle, they really wouldn't look to bad

I made a corner piece for the lights out a business card, I kind of like the idea, need to figure the shape of the mounts and make one for both brake lights and a smaller separate one for the side marker lights

need to look at some real flatbeds and get some idea's
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 10-14-2017 at 01:56 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:35 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Styrene would be perfect for that, but when you said lights on a flatbed, i thought of the same exact axial light buckets haha great minds think alike!
Old 10-14-2017, 10:18 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

I found these pictures and you can see the oval shaped brakelights are very popular and scale looking, I'm thinking of a plate attached to the end of the flatbed frame is where the brake lights will go and will need to make separate

mounts for the side marker lights that will attach to the frame on the side of the flatbed frame, I could try and make a square trial hitch like the bumpers have to break up the space of the bank plate

Going to look at some more pictures, its slowly coming together
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 10-14-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:17 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

I found 2 more of the 3mm oval light buckets so I can have one clear as the reverse lights and the one turn signal and one brake light, I really like the end on the first flat bed, minus the trailer hitch and also like the side rails on the second flatbed

Cause its really easy to mount the side marker lights and really digging the diamond plate pattern, not sure about the mud flaps
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2017, 12:25 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

A couple of coats of Testors Stop Light Red Metallic paint and I now got 4 brake lights and 2 back up lights
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 10-15-2017 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:44 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Check this out, its a normal Mojave cab with the bed from the 4 Door body and has around a 10'' wheelbase said the picture poster, I looked the 4 Door bed and it is $45.00 or more, I just doesn't look right me

The bed would still need to be cut out too drop the body low, I like the Flat Bed better and going with it
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 10-15-2017 at 10:48 AM.

My new TT02 Chassis kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any other TT02 here calcagno45 Non Crawler RC's 67 11-06-2017 11:41 AM
rally bug bit me...now i have a tt02 smokinloon Rally 4 08-08-2015 10:26 AM
My Tamiya TT02 Type S/BMW Build OkinawaCrawler Non Crawler RC's 0 05-03-2015 02:59 AM
Tamiya M03 M05 M06 TT01 TT02 HPI WR8 1:10 scale M-chassis shoot out at Punggol East H boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 08-15-2014 10:14 PM