Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: My new TT02 Chassis kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2017, 10:53 AM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: My new TT02 Chassis kit

wow looking WAY better! i need to get on that site and order stuff for my '01. you order some new tires/wheels yet?
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2017, 07:21 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

No I haven't bought any tires or wheels

I got bigger problems my Yoter has a bad vibration on the front passenger side, I went to Walmart and had my tires rotated and rebalanced and one front tire was 3/4 to 1 ounce out of balance

That helped but they vibration is still there, So I went to Les Schwab and they couldn't tell the difference, if had blown shocks or the Pitman and Idler arm is bad

Plus they I lost one of the rear center caps after Les Scwab's estimate and they are denying responsibility for the lost center cap

So they ****ed me and now I need a second opinion and got appointment on Wednesday with my mechanic

****ing Les Schwab
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 03:16 PM   #123
I wanna be Dave

I had the Yoter checked by a friend of mine, and his opinion is it's the pitman and idler arm and going to replace the shocks well at it

So that's where I'm at on the Yoter, going to cost me a few hundred bucks in parts

And will save me a shitload on labor

My dad had a nice set of Television tools, I can fix it

Last edited by kgb424; 11-28-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:42 PM   #124
I wanna be Dave

I checked the local auto parts stores,

Orielly's is the most expensive, Napa is in the middle, and Autozone is cheapest

I'm going with the Napa parts, I have had good luck with them, not so much with Orielly's or Autozone, they both have had batches of bad starters and alternators

Need to rent a Pitman arm puller and maybe Torque wrench that will do 130lbs for the nut on the steering shaft

I have a 1/2 drive torque wrench but don't remember how many pounds it goes too, I bought used it once or twice and is stashed some where

Need to find it

Last edited by kgb424; 11-24-2017 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:20 PM   #125
I wanna be Dave

man i'd tell you to come to my place but its a bit out of the way lol especially with that death wobble! i got all the tools to do it, and all i would charge is a sixer of your choice. i even have air tools.

well i hope everything goes ok with the yoter. should go another 300,000 once you make the repairs! i'm sure you could find another center cap on ebay. you'd be amazed what i was able to find for my old AE86 corolla haha

holidays are coming... should make some progress on my tribute build, then its on to the drift cars!!!!
Old 11-28-2017, 07:00 PM   #126
I wanna be Dave

I just want to bang my head against a wall

I bought $292.18 worth of parts, which were a Pitman Arm, Idler Arm, 2 Front shocks, 2 Rear shocks, it cost $16.14 to rent a Pitman Puller, got it back in cash when I returned it

I then drove the Yoter and the vibration/wobble is still there, I went back to the Walmart Auto Center and had them Re-balance and put the ones with the least amount of weight upfront, cause they would be truer then the ones needing more weight

Drove home and the vibration/wobble is still there, I then called the same Walmart Auto Center and explained my situation to the Manager, He then explained to me that one tire or all the tires could be Cupped, its more than one tire that is bad, cause the have been balanced and rotated twice

He said come in next Wednesday and they would replace all 4 tires cause there under warranty and I done everything reasonable to correct the vibration/wobble

So as soon I get new tires, I'm going to Tires Plus and get alinement, the manager at Walmart has a connection at Tires Plus and is going to tell them I'm going to come in

And if they can not align the front end cause there are bad parts, at least I would know what was wrong and make the repairs and get aligned a second time, and get the tires rotated regularly

I hope its simple and just the tires, the parts were needed, its a 30 year old truck and shit happens

Last edited by kgb424; 11-28-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:37 PM   #127
I wanna be Dave

Just changed the both universals in the drive and found out its bent and has a slight wobble to it, going to call and see how much they charge to balance the drive shaft

Cause if I went to a junk yard your getting some ones else's crap, their a reason its in the junk yard to begin with
Old 12-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #128
I wanna be Dave

but... will it do MAD SKIDDZ?!?!

glad you seem to have figured it all out. its always the last part you get in a long list of parts.

my son's vette most likely has a bad steering box. time to upgrade to power rack and pinion! then i could run a modern steering wheel that isn't the size of a manhole cover. AND i could upgrade brakes to hydraulic power assist.

cars+money+wrenching:repeat
Old 12-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

It cost me $80 to have the drive shaft balanced, the guy took the weight off one side and put it on the other side, and said it was bad but was able to get it balanced with out having to add weld to it

Now I just got to wait for Wally World to replace my tires and will go get aliment, hopefully I won't need to replace any more parts in the front end

Maybe I can get lucky and it only cupped or out of round tires and new tires correct the vibration
Old 12-01-2017, 01:45 PM   #130
I wanna be Dave

i once did a motor swap on a 240sx and disconnected the two halves of the drive shaft. when i put it all back together, it vibrated like hell and destroyed the brace bearing. months later mentioned it to a friend of my father in law who was a GM mechanic for like 30 years. he says "you have the driveshaft halves 180 from each other, i'd put money on it."
30 minutes of wrenching later... smooth as silk.

its amazing what one little goof can do.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Just to see what would happen, I pulled the front drive shaft off, which is easy with a wobbly extension, its still pain in the ass to be honest

The vibration is still there, so I don't get it, it doesn't make any sense to me, now I'm thinking it might be the CVD half axle on the passenger side

But its not clicking when you make tight turns like a U-turn, like when I had my Toyota Camry I used to drive to work, when the CVD's went out the clicked and rattled

I'm going to have my friend who is a mechanic and has been helping me check or look at the CVD axles

I don't have anymore ideas, I'm just burnt cause I can't fix and got $360 into to it and still not right

Last edited by kgb424; 12-01-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:16 PM   #132
I wanna be Dave

I've never seen a cv shaft cause a noticeable vibration on the old torsion bar IFS Toyotas, and I've seen some so worn you can't move the truck if you steer full-lock because they are so bound.

My guess is your tires. Try rotating them and I bet the vibration moves with the tires.

If you really think it's a cv then unlock that hub, or remove the drive flange, and go for a spin without the cv rotating.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:03 PM   #133
I wanna be Dave

Wally World is replacing all 4 tires on Tue or Wed of this week cause the Manager says there cupped cause they have rotated and balanced them twice

I even had them put the 2 tires with the least amount weight up front didn't make a difference

If you jack up the rear of the truck and run it you can see the tires are out of round, same with the front tires, as they spin you can a high and low spots on top of the tire

My Mechanic friend came over and test drove the truck after every time after I did changes, he told the CVD's axles are good, so I'm also leaning towards tires

I will find out after they replace the tires and I drive it too the alignment shop

And the front drive shaft is good cause it does not spin until you lock the hubs and engage 4 high or 4 Low

It doesn't look like its seen a lot of 4 high or 4 Low, I only use it in the snow and drive slow and make short trips

So for a 30 year old truck, I have only replaced a few parts so far

Last edited by kgb424; 12-04-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:19 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

All I can say is My name is kgb424 and I have a RC addition

Cause I just scored a new unassembled Tamiya TA04S kit with the included bearing kit

It said buy now for $68 and $12.46 for shipping and there was 15 people watching me buy it, why didn't any one of them pull the trigger

So for $80.46, I got a hella of a good deal

Its missing the original body, and 540 motor and esc and tires and wheels

But that's ok, its a 2001 kit so the 540 motor and esc would of been for 7.2v Nimh battery pack

And I got a Subaru STI WRX body cause the TA02 and TT02 and the TA04S all have a 257mm wheelbase

It would been nice to get the Corvette body, but shit happens

That's also part of the addition, is the looking and finding and scoring of killer deals on RC's and like the Vintage stuff
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 12-04-2017 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:29 PM   #135
I wanna be Dave

Hey Shinchu

I blame you cause I was looking for a RS4 Nitro to convert to electric, when I found the TA04S and it was too good of a deal to pass on

So I won't be able to school you on how to convert your Nitro RS4 for now, but I do check Ebay often so you never know

Cause I have no clue or control of what's going on

My name is kgb424 and I have a RC addition

Pleas Save me Jebus

Last edited by kgb424; 12-04-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:16 PM   #136
I wanna be Dave

haha i always blame robot zombie jebus whenever my wife is like "why the hell did you buy ________?!"

as for converting the nitro RS4 to electric, i think i will sell it and just get a nice little RWD MST that is already designed for drifting with ridonculous amounts of counter steer right out of the box. and maybe a Tamiya FRS body for it so i have a 1:10 version of my 1:1.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:49 AM   #137
I wanna be Dave

Wally World pro-rated my Goodyear Wranglers and I paid a $64 dollar balance and bought a set of BF Goodrich rugged all terrain tires and the vibration is still there

I'm taking the truck back to the driveline shop cause, I had the truck test drove by the shop that did the clutch job and too him it feels like the rear driveshaft is still out of balance

So I'm going there later today and make the guy jack up the rear of the truck and run it, so he can see that it still has a wobble and is not balanced

I also noticed there is a shit load of wheel weights on each wheel and the test drive mechanic told me I bought a second set of shitty tires

Cause I have the stock Toyota aluminum rims that came on a Landcruiser of the same year as my truck, and they do not bend, I do not jump curbs

So a shitload of weight says they could not be balance correctly and need to be re-balanced or exchanged again for better quality tires or better name brand

If not I will go buy tires from somewhere else besides Wally World

Last edited by kgb424; 12-07-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:15 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
Wally World pro-rated my Goodyear Wranglers and I paid a $64 dollar balance and bought a set of BF Goodrich rugged all terrain tires and the vibration is still there

I'm taking the truck back to the driveline shop cause, I had the truck test drove by the shop that did the clutch job and too him it feels like the rear driveshaft is still out of balance

So I'm going there later today and make the guy jack up the rear of the truck and run it, so he can see that it still has a wobble and is not balanced

I also noticed there is a shit load of wheel weights on each wheel and the test drive mechanic told me I bought a second set of shitty tires

Cause I have the stock Toyota aluminum rims that came on a Landcruiser of the same year as my truck, and they do not bend, I do not jump curbs

So a shitload of weight says they could not be balance correctly and need to be re-balanced or exchanged again for better quality tires or better name brand

If not I will go buy tires from somewhere else besides Wally World
How's that in the TT-02 thread?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:16 AM   #139
I wanna be Dave

You don't like it don't read my threads
Old 12-07-2017, 11:29 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
You don't like it don't read my threads
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

My new TT02 Chassis kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any other TT02 here calcagno45 Non Crawler RC's 67 11-06-2017 11:41 AM
rally bug bit me...now i have a tt02 smokinloon Rally 4 08-08-2015 10:26 AM
My Tamiya TT02 Type S/BMW Build OkinawaCrawler Non Crawler RC's 0 05-03-2015 02:59 AM
Tamiya M03 M05 M06 TT01 TT02 HPI WR8 1:10 scale M-chassis shoot out at Punggol East H boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 08-15-2014 10:14 PM