Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: My new TT02 Chassis kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 05:39 PM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: My new TT02 Chassis kit

Hey Shichu

I had the drive shaft re-balanced the guy removed the weight and move it over and when he was under the truck , he noticed the rear leafs springs look a little flat and the angle of pinion is not correct

It makes sense to me, cause the previous owner pulled a trailer with the Truck and he admitted that if you throw a 100lbs or more in the bed over the axle the Truck was great in the snow

There is a place in Reno or Sparks Nevada that re-arcs leaf springs, going to call them and ask some questions, I might get lucky and only need to add a leaf spring to correct the angle of the pinion

maybe they can fix my springs and I won't need to buy new leaf springs

Last edited by kgb424; 12-07-2017 at 05:43 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2017, 05:44 PM   #142
I wanna be Dave

And right back at you
Old 12-08-2017, 06:19 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
And right back at you
OK are we good now?

Did you post the TA04 pictures on Tamiya Club? I think I saw them there and was going to comment, but forgot. That's an awesome find.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:06 AM   #144
I wanna be Dave

i dunno about re-bending metal that is... bendy. sounds kinda iffy. I'm sure you could find a deal on new ones. sounds like a good excuse for upgrades if you ask me. i still want to upgrade the leaf on my sons vette. the 66 had a transverse leaf, you can get composite (FRP) leafs in different rates, and longer bolts that allow ride height adjustment. heck, i have even seen FRONT leaf conversion kits that I'm interested in. height AND rate adjustable!

anyway yeah i am not familiar with re-bending leafs. but my gut feeling is not safe.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:19 PM   #145
I wanna be Dave

Hey Shinchu

Today was a complete waste of gas and my sanity, I drove the 70 miles round trip, just for the guy at the spring place, just bend down and tell me, I didn't know what, I was or the Driveline guy knew what we were talking about

The spring guy could barely speak English and I barely know Spanish, and when I asked if there was someone in the shop that speaks English the guy got pissed off and walked away from me and ignored me and kept on walking

His clothes were covered in grease and were dirty, so would think the guy would at least craw under the truck with a creeper, and look at the driveline, like the Driveline guy did when he said the springs looked flat

I was so pissed off, I just drove away and wasted my day for nothing

I got one more idea, I'm going to throw about 500 lbs in the bed of the truck and see if that changes the angle of the pinion and stops the vibration

Also found this Driveline 101-4Crawler.com it has a formula and chart that you can use to figure out the compound angle of the driveline

Can you take a look at the site and see if makes sense to you, cause math is not my strong suit and I'm going to have problems figuring it out

Its Driveline 101-4Crawler.com, it doesn't open on my phone, but it does open up on my desktop

I'm back to square one and $500 into and still have the same problem as when I first noticed it

I cant even sell the Truck cause if they test drive it, I'm screwed and the deal is off, so I have no idea except the weight in the bed

Don't think new leafs springs are going to due anything, I think I'm screwed and running out of ideas and options

Last edited by kgb424; 12-08-2017 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:57 PM   #146
I wanna be Dave

Hey Shinchu

It's been suggested to me, too put about 500lbs in the bed of the truck, then drive it and see if that changes the angle of pinion and stops the vibration

I due not have any thing at my house that weights a couple hundred pounds

Even if I lined the bed of the truck with plastic sheeting and made it water tight

And made a Red Neck Hot Tub, don't think it would be enough weight

I'm running out of ideas, maybe I can borrow 2 dirt bikes or a quad or something heavy

Cause its too cold to go Hot Tubing or Skinny Dipping

Thank You

Last edited by kgb424; 12-08-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:35 PM   #147
I wanna be Dave

Jato

Yes, I do also post on the Tamiya Club website, and have seen your name on right side of page under the posting of threads

But don't remember what section or sections it was
Old 12-10-2017, 05:18 PM   #148
I wanna be Dave

Back to the TT02 for a moment

I have been watching this TT02 Eagle Racing FRD setup for about 2 months and it was still there

So today, I made an offer and for less than $100 with shipping

I'm the winner, winner Cheekin dinner

Going get some sick articulation now Baby

And do not have to drill out the aluminum TT02 knuckles

Cause FRD knuckles have 4 holes close to the knuckle, just like I need

Will need to figure out how every thing mounts up

The Drift truck is back on with a vengeance

The Yeah Racing TT02 drift setup has no release date or price or if its a kit or if you can just buy parts

I want their motor mount cause it centers the motor in the middle of the chassis
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 12-10-2017 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #149
I wanna be Dave

I also was able to find a Eagle Racing FRD pdf file on assembly and setup and downloaded it

Looked at and with right spacer you can get 0 degree or 1 degree or 2 degree toe in on the rear hub

Didn't know they were adjustable

Last edited by kgb424; 12-10-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #150
I wanna be Dave

all of the toe-in! makes it much more stable when sideways. i mean, that on top of a gyro and its much more predictable. way to go man! that's one sweet find!!!
too bad its not like 2007, there was a dedicated drift forum just like this forum is great for crawling. it was called groovydrift and most of the members were here in san diego. it collapsed around 2011 and i have no clue where to go now. drift mission is all dead threads too, it seems. i think its all facebook groups now.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:45 AM   #151

How's the quality of that Eagle Racing aluminum? Are the tolerances tight? Often aluminum suspension parts have way too much play.

Not a TT-02, but close. I think I'm getting a Tamiya MAN TGS TT-01E for Christmas.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #152
I wanna be Dave

I just bought the Eagle racing parts Sunday, it doesn't even show the tracking number yet, so maybe it has not been picked up yet, I'm thinking once its in the system they send me the tracking or it would show it on the Ebay summary page
Old 12-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Back too my Toyota, I went to Lowes and I bought 2 magnetic angle finders

I'm getting 8 1/2 degrees at the end of the transmission and get 4 1/2 to 5 degrees at the rear end

So I'm off 4 to 4 1/2 to 5 degrees, as an experiment I stood in the bed of truck and it changes the angle of the pinion the wrong way, so adding weight to the bed of the truck is not going to correct anything

But if jack up the rear of the truck it changes the pinion angle in the direction, I need to go, so that tells me the leafs springs have sagged 1 1/2'' to 2'' or more

I would need 2'' to 2 1/2'' blocks, and too avoid Pinion wrap, I'm going to price OEM rear leafs springs

So far there not cheap but that's cause I looked at Summit Racing that is Reno NV

Last edited by kgb424; 12-11-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:17 PM   #154
I wanna be Dave

I called the postal service and wasted 45 minutes on hold then got the call back number thing another 45 minutes went by, they then called and put on hold for another 15 minutes

Only too tell me they can not give me a physical location and don't know if it is in Nevada or if it is still in Florida or where it is

Its been over 7 days and they have not updated the location since Dec 6th and says Jacksonville Florida

But some how the delivery date changed from the Dec 11th by 8pm to the Dec 12th by 8pm to Dec 13th by 8pm has changed everyday for 3 days

Today is 4th day cause now there is no date, it just says on its way to its destination

The TA04S just ****ing vanished nobody knows nothing

The seller also wasted over a hour of his time and they can't give him a physical location either

So where in the **** is my TA04S kit

**** the US Postal Service, now I completely understand why ****ing people loose there Shit and go ****ing postal at the Post Office

Because they ****ing push to it, just trying to call the Postal Service any time of the year and talk to some one that knows anything and get nothing or any help at all

It really ****ing pisses me and its only going to get ****ing worse until next year then the same old shit they would know a ****ing thing

And the cycle ****ing continues

Last edited by kgb424; 12-13-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:46 PM   #155
I wanna be Dave

I figured out from looking at the Eagle Racing PDF file, you need to use the GRT front and rear shock towers which look like there carbon fiber

Doesn't look like the sell separate pins for Front Upper and the Front Lower or the Rear Lower A arms, both of the Front and Rear Upper arms mount to the GRT Shock Towers

I will have to look online for normal pins and threaded pins and maybe some 1 mm or 2 mm or 4 mm spacers, cause I looked online and the pins and spacers are sold with the A arms and used with the FRD chassis

So I have to figure out, how to install the A arms on a stock TT02 chassis and might have to fabricate parts or cut pins down or make spacers

Going to wait until after the new year and order the Shock towers when the mail goes back to normal
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 12-13-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #156
I wanna be Dave

cant you just thread the turnbuckles into the current arm pivots? and the rear uppers look almost identical. seems to me those shock towers aren't totally required. nice for fine tuning your damping force, but i don't see why you would need it for mounting upper arms. maybe if i saw that part of the PDF? i mean, i can see where they mount on the towers, but i think you could mount the FRD upper arms in the stock TT02 locations with no negative effects. camber adjustment would still be capable.

super crummy about your TA04S. hopefully it turns up.

and still no word from YEAH Racing about the TT02 kit. they just released another HPI upgrade kit (whole assembled chassis). looks nice but no price info yet, due out early 2018.
but... still no word on the TT02 kit.

MST just dropped an updated RRX chassis. but for the same price i can get the FSX-D, and i really like that one due to the front engine, RWD layout. makes it a true FR drifter. both are $200 though. about $80 more than i would like to spend. pay to play...
Old 12-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #157
I wanna be Dave

I tried to upload the Eagle Racing FRD Setup and Assemble PDF and it won't let me, So I guess you would have to go online and look at it for your self

And see the pin for upper arms attach to the shock tower with the hardware that comes with the shock towers, they are only $9.90 a piece shipping is $12 EMS or $13.80 for economy

I can't find the brake rotors and calipers that attach to the knuckles and rear hubs, maybe they are a kit item going to look again and get a few items, instead ordering single items

It was like 2 weeks the last time, but this time of year forget it, cause Customs would be jacked worse the US Fail system the those Assholes don't have a ****ing clue were the TA04 is

Maybe after the first of the year they will pull there ****ing heads out there asses and actually delivery the ****ing mail, instead of having no ****ing idea

Seriously thinking about paperless billing and have everything emailed too me, then go rent a PO Box at Mail Boxes ETC, and get a physical address and use Ups, Fed EX, DHL anybody

But the ****ing US Postal service. they ****ed with me for the last time

Last edited by kgb424; 12-14-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #158
I wanna be Dave

Found the Eagle Racing brake rotors and calipers, have them and the shock towers in my wish list on there website, going to see what else find
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #159
I wanna be Dave

Okay this way works, here are pictures of the Eagle Racing FRD PDF file, you can see how they attach to the shock towers and you can see there using spacers to hold the lower arms in place
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 12-14-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #160
I wanna be Dave

ah. ok for the front, i see you would have a hard time adjusting caster.
otherwise...
i see no reason you couldn't just thread the turnbuckles into the the Tamiya hinge sides.

My new TT02 Chassis kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any other TT02 here calcagno45 Non Crawler RC's 67 11-06-2017 11:41 AM
rally bug bit me...now i have a tt02 smokinloon Rally 4 08-08-2015 10:26 AM
My Tamiya TT02 Type S/BMW Build OkinawaCrawler Non Crawler RC's 0 05-03-2015 02:59 AM
Tamiya M03 M05 M06 TT01 TT02 HPI WR8 1:10 scale M-chassis shoot out at Punggol East H boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 08-15-2014 10:14 PM