Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Fun with Tiny Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2019, 12:05 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Fun with Tiny Cars

stainless hex hardware from knk or comparable.
That's if you dont like soft Phillips hardware.
It doesn't bother everyone though.

But yeah just slap it together and prepare for the most on road fun you ever had!!!
Congrats! Santa is pretty darn cool.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2019, 02:55 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
stainless hex hardware from knk or comparable.
That's if you dont like soft Phillips hardware.
It doesn't bother everyone though.

But yeah just slap it together and prepare for the most on road fun you ever had!!!
Congrats! Santa is pretty darn cool.
I can live with Phillips...GMade prepared me well enough I think.

Santa takes notes!
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Very nice! Philips is fine with Tamiya IMO. Plastic is pretty soft.

Doesn't "need" a thing, build it and have fun! Later on, bearings and oil shocks would be the best bang for the buck upgrades.

I finished my MF, I forgot to post pics over here. I'll have to track them down.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:46 AM   #64
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
I finished my MF, I forgot to post pics over here. I'll have to track them down.
Tease!
Old 01-08-2019, 08:50 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Tamiya products are awesome.
and people alsways said my scion FRS looks like a little RC car.

i embraced it...

don't have the car anymore but now im tempted to put a vaterra decal on my grand Cherokee lol
Old 01-08-2019, 09:54 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

I have RC decals in the back window of my truck too.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:57 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Here's my MF kit... picked up a few goodies. Aluminum shafts in all 3 WB lengths, motor mount, speed tuned gears, super mini CVA's , servo mount and the YR suspension conversion. Also a carbon rear shock tower that I seem to have lost somewhere. I'll find it eventually.

And through the magic of the internet, got the car basically built already. The YR kit is nice, curious to see how much difference it makes.

Biggest difference is in the back where it relocates the upper camber link down. Huge change from the stock setup.

Finished chassis! I'll eventually go with a 17.5 motor, but using the stock one for now.

And with the body, stage left. My M06 I picked up a while ago got a new shell too, stage right. I do love my Miata's and the new Tamiya shell is stunning. Just have to get some paint on them.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:27 AM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Here's my MF kit
Nice! Funny that I had to open this on my phone/Tapatalk to see the pics.

Thanks for sharing! Santa brought Red Dead Redemption 2 also so I haven't started on the TT-01 yet...
Old 01-12-2019, 02:37 AM   #69

here is my Tamiya M03 mini I built

ctmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:48 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

^^ Love the paint scheme!
Old 01-21-2019, 05:21 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Finally got the MF01X body painted and installed. Took 7 hours total to mask, spray and decal. I was also working on an M06 body, so I'm not sure how long the bug itself took, but it was defintely time consuming. Well worth it however, I think it came out great!

Deviated from the box art and went with my usual colors. Had just a bit of bleed through on the front right fender, though it's not super noticable. Also had some issues with the marker and tail lights - the decals were a bit fiddly for my fat fingers. All in all though, happy with the result.

Can't wait to get out and run this one... going to be a while though, it was a balmy 14 degrees today with wind gusts around 40 or so. As soon as warmer weather hits, it's test drive time! Curious to see how the YR suspension works out.

Oh, and painted my M06 #2 too while I was at it. Can't say I'm over the moon about it, should have done something a little more fancy, and I totally forgot to black out the inside of the body. Oh well.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:54 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

If somebody made a toyota ae86 m sized body, I would be throwing my money at the screen.

These things look SOOOO FUN!!!
Old 01-27-2019, 02:50 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Bug is hawt!
Old 04-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

My M-06 not up to par with others but my first one last picis spare wheel set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scalemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 04:04 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
This is my favorite runner by far. There's a build thread here somewhere, so no point in getting into the details. Basically, it's an old M04 with the trans flipped to rear motor and stretched out into a 1/10 sedan using a myriad of Tamiya parts.

This is a drivers car for sure - RWD so you really have to drive it ilo the point and shoot style of AWD cars. A smooth trigger finger is a must for keeping it pointed in the right direction. I swapped in a 17.5 system for this year and will be playing with the settings to try and tame it a bit. Also swapped out the ball diff for a looser gear diff to try and get the rear end settled down.

Wow, Group5 Zakspeed Capri, love it!

Quote:
Wouldn't be a Tamya touring thread without some minis.

I don't know what Tamiya bakes into these M06's, but for a RWD car it's super planted and wicked fast. This one started as a pro kit and has all the goodies, including swaybars and the Yeah racing wide arm kit. Handles well, and absolutely flies - even with just a Tamiya Black brushed motor. Love driving this car! Not planning on any changes anytime soon - it's running so good, I don't know what I'd change.

I was running an HPI Miata body here, but swapped back over to an Alpine body. Glad I did, I think this is one of the best bodies Tamiya has done. The lines on this car are just gorgeous.

Yes, they are quite fun and quick on stock Tamiya motor and cheapo esc. Alpine is sweet retro body.

[QUOTE=OSRC;5833011]I've had this one for a long, long time. Since '94 maybe? Original TA02 S10 kit I picked up when they were first relased that's been run, used, abused, jumped, beat, and rebuilt so many times I've lost track.

The S10 body long ago went to bowtie heaven and a Ford body has rightfully taken it's place. It's on it's third set of gearboxes as the Tamiya ABS ages and gets stress cracks. Now in blue! Amazingly, still has all the stock original gears, they just won't die. It's still smooth and quiet...amazing. Even though I've swapped the shocks out for something more flashy, the OG shocks were still leak free and working fine.

Nice, love the F150 and the Chevy pickup desert racer/shortcourse bodied versions too! Almost bought one of those couple times. TL01s were sweet too, especially the Mercedes DTM body!

Quote:
I have a strange fondness for the TL01 chassis. Not sure why, but I've owned a ton of them over the years both in buggy and touring variants. They make excellent rally cars since they are super durable, and with the LA kit they handle pretty good.

...I did add a few shims here and there to take out the usual Tamiya suspension play. It's nice and tight now.

...I chose to use the U shaped suspension mount as I fell it makes the front stronger overall. Royal pain getting shims in the lower arms though.
Gotta shim the suspension pivots on the Tamiya's omg most are loose as heck right out of the box, agreed the U shaped lower arm pivot pin piece adds strength.

Quote:
One of my winter projects. A little birthday present for myself..I had one of these MF01X's before, and sold it off. Kinda wish I didn't. Pretty cool little car, and very versatile for various different builds since Tamiya is the king of mix and match. Picked this one up at Tower during Black Friday, and ordered a bunch of parts from all over. Planning to build up as an on road speedster. Also painting and giving my M06's a makeover too, got quite a few mini bodies here to mess with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmandu View Post
here is my Tamiya M03 mini I built
Sweet! Rally bug is badass!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Bug is hawt!
Yes!

Last edited by Natedog; 04-22-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:43 AM   #76
RCC Addict

Finally got the R390 GT1 built. Decals.... Took four sessions to get them all cut out and applied...still recovering.

I chose to deviate from the "actual" red/black paint scheme because:

1. Wanted to be different from apparently everyone else
2. Had a still sealed can of PS-6 yellow on hand

About to go out and have some fun with this tiny car once the battery's charged.

I'll trim down the body posts once I decide on the "proper" body height...think it might be a little high just now but it seemed like a good initial point.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:17 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Dang. I need to get me another road car now. That thing is gorgeous.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:34 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Dang. I need to get me another road car now. That thing is gorgeous.
Thanks! Had a blast with it. Stock motor and pinion with a WP1080 on 3S made it fly

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2019, 09:11 AM   #79
Pebble Pounder

I love tamiya cars. I sold off my old cc01 and wish I still had it.

I have a old ta02 which il bring back to life and am M03L

Here are what im currently running ta06 and m07.

Did the tcs with my M07 next tcs I will run the ta06 as w well

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Dirt Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:44 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Wow - missed all the posts. Some great looking cars in here! Love that TA06 Dirt Runner!!

Anyway: Boredom build...

Saw Tamiya release this kit and knew I had to have one. I had a few TA03's in the past, I sold them when the drift thing was real hot so I'm familiar with the chassis. Never had the S version...should make a lively handler. Just ordered bearings to go with it.

I'm a total sucker for Tamiya Porsches. It'll fit right in....

Laid out the parts....really, one of my favorite smells is cracking open a new Tamiya kit.

I've built tons of these little 3 gear diffs and they are always smooth as butter...except this one. Goes 2 turns and locks up solid. Tore it apart, filed some of the metal flashing, still binds. I have no idea what the problem is...but thankfully since I'm a hoarder I had 2 more in my stash - just swapped over one that was already built and butter smooth. Still don't know what's causing it to bind... can't see a damn thing wrong with it. Another of life's mysteries.

Through the magic of the web, it's a roller! I've got an 1060 ESC on the way to finish it off. It's a super short WB, almost as short as my MF01. Should be a hoot to drive.

This body is flat gorgeous. Can't go wrong with a Tamiya body... can't wait to get it painted! Only thing I plan to add is some upper camber links, otherwise planning to leave it bone stock.

Speaking of painting, I've got 5 touring bodies to get painted: This Porsche, my MF01 Porsche, a DF03RA Capri that has some serious badass potential, a CC01 G500, and a Kyosho Charger that's on the way..Orange General Lee of course. I just need some warm weather to arrive which is taking its sweet time this spring.

Fun with Tiny Cars - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chino63's F-150 a tiny tire tiny truck story. chino63 1.5 Scale Rigs 76 07-11-2018 03:17 PM
[VIDEO: Sea Water Fun!] American Expedition Vehicles AEV Jeep Brute RC beach fun! boolean21 Scale Videos! 2 09-03-2013 05:38 PM
Tiny CrawlerGraphics Testing 1 2 3 0 10-20-2008 09:24 PM
Tiny Bronco Large Scale Rigs 30 08-11-2007 07:49 PM