Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Jebster's 1980s Sears Lobo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2018, 07:36 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Jebster's 1980s Sears Lobo

I've been on a nostalgia kick for awhile. It start with converting original Tonka trucks to be rc. My wife and kids got me the re-release of the Tamiya Hornet, my very first hobby grade rc. I also got a re-release of the Tamiya Boomerang, my first 4wd buggy.

Well, a couple moths back I was on eBay when I saw the first rc I every had, a Sears Lobo. I decided I had to have one. I bought one in good condition and it was still in working order. But, like any builder here, I needed to make changes. Two major changes: the electronics and the suspension. For the electronics I wanted proportional steering and throttle. In went a full sized servo, a Holmes mini br esc and new motor (sport tuned Tamiya 380). The suspension as more of a tuning. Actual dampeners on the rear and softer springs up front.

One primary goal was to set it up such the if I ever wanted to convert back to the original equipment I could. So the only permanent change was to drill out a hole into the battery compartment to plug in a Lipo.

I have the original tires that are in pretty good condition but I order up some different tires to run with. Still waiting on those to arrive. Once I get them I'll do some videos.

Here are some pics of how it came out
Attached Images

jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2018, 09:14 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Jebster's 1980s Sears Lobo

Very cool! I've got the Lobo truck in the shop. Same reason, had one as a kid and drove that thing everywhere. I'd like to update it as well sometime.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jebster's 1980s Sears Lobo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Juice - Lobo’s TRX-4 Bronco jwwolf3 Traxxas TRX-4 16 07-06-2018 10:18 AM
** $12 MRC totes at Sears! ** the_ghetto_rig Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 10 12-19-2011 08:57 AM
Sears Powdercoating DirkDigler Chit Chat 6 01-17-2006 07:08 PM