Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Tamiya M06 Guilia Sport Alfa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Tamiya M06 Guilia Sport Alfa

My little Guilia, pride and joy.

It all started on the night of a fear factory concert.

(edit)

2 years ago after a concert in a little motel I started to cut up a proline protoform firebird body for the "over fenders".

the brass nails I used I just bent over and shoe goo'ed in place after the body was painted. the wheels were not done till I got back home the next day.

I bought a real Alfa Romeo shortly before then. an 75' Alfetta to be exact. I had to get a mini Alfa to accommodate my 1:1 interest. pretty soon, this little Guilia will get a FULL interior and some other bits inside to make it look completely real. this is a shelfer that wont drive. I need to actually order another body/ sticker set because the couple window trim stickers actually came up a little short, or the body may be a little deformed. not sure. the stickers for the trim are right on the lines they need to be.

anyway, the pictures:

Last edited by CM9000; 11-12-2018 at 03:46 PM.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2018, 09:34 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Tamiya M06 Guilia Sport Alfa

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!
man if i had an alfa i hope it would look half as cool as this!
LOVE these little cars and you captured the essence PERFECTLY here!
wheels are awesome did you cut/shut a couple pairs together in the rear?
toe/camber super aggressive too... LOVE it!!!

GREAT JOB SIR!

A+ on the garage too. my buddies at work are all pressuring me to build one. just need to clear a spot on my bench i suppose.

damn that alfa is cool man...
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Haha. Thanks man. The garage was actually the hobby shops. I should have mention these pics were from the car show.

Rear tires are 1 and 2/3 of another.

Though if i had a real guilia, it would not look like this. I would actually daily it.

If you poke around on youtube you can find a video/documentary in japan with the Guilia following they have there.

As far as the scale garage goes, this hobby shop one is fold up, just to give you an idea.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2018, 12:57 PM   #4

Very cool looking Alfa! I don't like that the rear has a lot of camber and the front seemingly has none. Other than that it looks awesome!

I'm anxious to see the interior you build.

Do you still have the 1:1 Alfa?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Very cool looking Alfa! I don't like that the rear has a lot of camber and the front seemingly has none. Other than that it looks awesome!

I'm anxious to see the interior you build.

Do you still have the 1:1 Alfa?
the front has 1 degree of camber, the rear I need to measure again. but the rear only looks like it has som much more is because of how ridiculously wide the wheels are. I didn't want the front wheels too wide to take away from the look and tuck so I didn't add much camber in the front. just enough to keep the tire inside.

the interior may be a bit simple, but a difficult task with the cage.. ill be using styrene.

I still have the stripped Alfetta. I actually need to get back out in the garage soon. I have to make room for the tubing.

Tamiya M06 Guilia Sport Alfa - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya M03 M05 M06 TT01 TT02 HPI WR8 1:10 scale M-chassis shoot out at Punggol East H boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 08-15-2014 10:14 PM
Tamiya M05 M06 TT01 ABC Hobby Genetic Gambado mini shootout at Punggol East boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 05-11-2014 08:31 AM
Tamiya Sand Rover Holiday buggy Fast Attack Vehicle TT01 TT02 M05 M06 F1 at Punggol E boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 04-08-2014 09:32 AM