Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Tamiya tto2 vs M05

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2019, 07:19 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Tamiya tto2 vs M05

Need a little help guys... At the LHS we have an indoor carpet course. Everyone races Tamiya TT01 (semis) TT02 and M05. I have no experience in any of these. It seems like the TT02 has the biggest following, but seems to lose dog bones and suffer from the most breakages. Are the higher end kit versions worth the $$ or would I be better modding out a basic car? The m05 seems to be more durable. I haven't asked about the m07 yet so I don't know how the classes break down. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Capt J-rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2019, 05:50 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Tamiya tto2 vs M05

Have all 3, and had a few TT01's in the past. For racing, the TT02R is probably the way to go. I know the TypeS technically has the better suspension, but the R is 95% as good and shares the same suspension as the rest, so replacement parts are much easier to source - especially if that's what everyone else is racing. The new RR is even better, with adjustable camber which the R does not have. They are plenty durable, easily fixed, and option parts are all over the place.

For mini's, the M07 is leaps and bounds ahead of the M05. If your going to get into it, jump in with the '07. Both are a ton of fun though.

Can't go wrong with either class in my opinion. The Mini's are a bit more hyper to drive, I think the TT class is probably a bit easier to get into as the larger chassis is a bit more forgiving.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Tamiya tto2 vs M05

TT02 or M-07. fwd is heaps fun. keep extra tires on hand if you get the M-07. three full heats and a main takes a bit of life out of them minis tires. every 3 or 4 full race days and you might need to put on a new set. that's also depending on the carpet too.

definitely do not pass this opportunity up. I wish I had a local a indoor track for the Tamiya M series.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote