Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Stampede Kit. Traxxas starting to release more kits?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Stampede Kit. Traxxas starting to release more kits?

Looks like the TRX4 maybe convinced Traxxas that kits were worth making?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas-stampede-4x4-1-10-rtr-4wd-monster-truck-kit-tra67010-4/p945388

Now Available as a Kit: The Stampede 4x4!

The Stampede 4X4 unassembled kit assembles into a roller chassis without electronics, battery, or charger. You have the option to outfit your Stampede with the electronics of their choice. Traxxas makes assembly easy with a full-color assembly guide with step by step instructions.

Features:

Unassembled kit
Includes clear Stampede 4X4 body
Full color assembly manual
Shaft-driven 4-wheel drive
Oil-filled Ultra Shocks
Sealed steel-gear differentials
Includes chrome All-Star 2.8" wheels and Chevron Maxx tires
Requires electronics, battery, and charger
Needed To Complete:

2-Channel Transmitter & Receiver Radio System
Steering Servo
540 Motor & Electronic Speed Controller
Battery
Battery Charger
Polycarbonate Paint (for body)

Last edited by soze; 12-04-2019 at 11:25 PM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Stampede Kit. Traxxas starting to release more kits?

finally! ill be waiting for the rustler 4x4 to become available as a kit. the UDR is another one id like to get as a kit too.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #3

This is insane! Huge, in fact. I'm surprised they didn't offer a Slash kit first, but the Stampede must be a huge seller for them. Great to see kits coming back!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:04 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I agree jato, i think ibhave more fun buildin than drivin them lol. Thinkin of gettin a p4de kit n a sport kit now...

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
This is insane! Huge, in fact. I'm surprised they didn't offer a Slash kit first, but the Stampede must be a huge seller for them. Great to see kits coming back!

Traxxas did have the platinum slash, but it wasn't really a kit. Just a bare bones slash with some upgrades. I think they still sell them?
Old 03-04-2019, 04:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Traxxas did have the platinum slash, but it wasn't really a kit. Just a bare bones slash with some upgrades. I think they still sell them?

Yeah they've had Platinum rollers. The Revo got one as well. But this is an assembly kit...so cool!

I just thought the 2WD Slash, which has to be one of their most popular and simplest kits would be a good candidate for a kit.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:53 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

a 2wd slash kit and 2wd stampede kit would be 2 great hits for the racing side of the hobby.

my local track (the most popular one) has a stampede class.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
a 2wd slash kit and 2wd stampede kit would be 2 great hits for the racing side of the hobby.

my local track (the most popular one) has a stampede class.

That's awesome! Wish I still had a local track. I've always wanted to race in an inexpensive class.

My "dream" is an old school Tamiya race.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:42 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That's awesome! Wish I still had a local track. I've always wanted to race in an inexpensive class.

My "dream" is an old school Tamiya race.
Me too! There's Youtube videos of racing classes for Tamiya's "wheelie" vehicles like Wild Willys and Lunchboxes and it's complete chaos. It looks like so much fun.

Edit: back on topic, the $200 pre-order seems like a nice price. I may pick up one of these.

Last edited by TooOldForThis; 03-05-2019 at 06:47 AM.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:45 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I don't know what's gotten into Traxxas's product development team lately, but they are on a tear.

Shocked to see kits coming from them...that's absolutely the last thing I would have expected. Price point is great too. I'd expect we'd see a 4x4 Rustler too at some point since the changes are minimal. I might have to look into one if that's the case. Sold off most of my "bashers" to fund my scaler addiction, and sometimes you just want to rip around and go fast...

The Stampede is still super popular...both 2wd and 4wd. The last time I joined up with a bunch of guys to bash around, there was one nut who showed up with a 'pede 4x4 running 4S, and he drove it like he stole it. I simply cannot believe how much abuse that truck took and kept going. Tough as nails doesn't even begin to describe it.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
I don't know what's gotten into Traxxas's product development team lately, but they are on a tear.

Shocked to see kits coming from them...that's absolutely the last thing I would have expected. Price point is great too. I'd expect we'd see a 4x4 Rustler too at some point since the changes are minimal. I might have to look into one if that's the case. Sold off most of my "bashers" to fund my scaler addiction, and sometimes you just want to rip around and go fast...

The Stampede is still super popular...both 2wd and 4wd. The last time I joined up with a bunch of guys to bash around, there was one nut who showed up with a 'pede 4x4 running 4S, and he drove it like he stole it. I simply cannot believe how much abuse that truck took and kept going. Tough as nails doesn't even begin to describe it.
Agreed. A used Stampede 4x4 was how I got back into this hobby a few years ago. That truck has seen all kinds of abuse, and aside from a couple minor issues (bent shock shaft, shock caps coming off and eventually 1 broken A arm), it's been unstoppable. A couple years ago I put a 1/8 scale motor & ESC in and I run it on 3S. It's got so much power that it's completely uncontrollable unless I take it easy on the trigger.

That is an absolutely ancient platform, but it's pretty hard to find any real fault in it. It's fun, and it's extreme durability and parts availability makes it a very good choice for just about anybody.

I keep expecting them to update the platform to make it more like the new 4x4 Rustler. I wonder if this kit is a final push to get rid of the old parts.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Ive got a p4de n ive beat the snot out of it n it comes back for more! Ive got a 1/8 BL setup in mine. Ita just almost do standin backflip everytime i try, ALMOST everytime lol. Thinkin of gettin a couple of these kits for my 2 oldest boys.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:17 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I've never had a Stampede. It came t after I quit R/C, and was a pretty old platform that was an RTR when I got back in. I might be convinced to pick one up now that it's a kit though. Might be something nice for my son to bash around instead of cringing when he does it to the "modelesque" Tamiyas I've built.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:31 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

We have a P4de VXL (Stampede 4x4 Brushless) absolutely tough as nails truck. Any prospective buyers of this kit should know this kit is the Brushed version of the two P4de's Traxxas sells.
Please correct me on any of this if I am wrong. The Brushed version comes with a different ratio ring/pinon in the diffs (lower I believe). Plastic camber links, non-HD versions of their driveshafts and the very hard Chevron style tires. There may be more I am not thinking of at first. Will probably need to upgrade the brushed slipper and the plastic bearing adapter that accompanies it too, that is if you are going brushless.
Summitonslingrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:16 PM   #15

I've come to realize soze is my worst influence. I've never wanted a Stampede in my life before this!
Old 03-06-2019, 06:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summitonslingrs View Post
We have a P4de VXL (Stampede 4x4 Brushless) absolutely tough as nails truck. Any prospective buyers of this kit should know this kit is the Brushed version of the two P4de's Traxxas sells.
Please correct me on any of this if I am wrong. The Brushed version comes with a different ratio ring/pinon in the diffs (lower I believe). Plastic camber links, non-HD versions of their driveshafts and the very hard Chevron style tires. There may be more I am not thinking of at first. Will probably need to upgrade the brushed slipper and the plastic bearing adapter that accompanies it too, that is if you are going brushless.
Yeah, that's a bit disappointing. Most guys that build a kit aren't going to throw a low end brushed motor in, so having the better gearbox would be a big plus. The driveshafts, I'm kind of "meh" on. The HD drivershafts still suck and need to be replaced if you're going to go anywhere near 3S, and none of Traxxas' tires are worth a shit, especially not the Talons. I think the Chevrons are a better tire. Adjustable links would have been nice I suppose, but it's not like these trucks handle anyway, so the plastic links don't really hold the truck back in any way. The trans is the only real negative to the brushed version of the truck.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:12 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Yeah, that's a bit disappointing. Most guys that build a kit aren't going to throw a low end brushed motor in, so having the better gearbox would be a big plus. The driveshafts, I'm kind of "meh" on. The HD drivershafts still suck and need to be replaced if you're going to go anywhere near 3S, and none of Traxxas' tires are worth a shit, especially not the Talons. I think the Chevrons are a better tire. Adjustable links would have been nice I suppose, but it's not like these trucks handle anyway, so the plastic links don't really hold the truck back in any way. The trans is the only real negative to the brushed version of the truck.
Very good points. I just thought it was worth noting in case someone had no idea.
Summitonslingrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:17 AM   #18

Yeah that is a big "womp, womp" on this kit. People that build bashers use brushless.

I wonder what it would cost to upgrade this kit to brushless specs.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:21 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I've come to realize soze is my worst influence. I've never wanted a Stampede in my life before this!
LOL! I'm thinking hard about getting a Dual Rider when it comes out. Maybe you should too?

Anything that can be "built" gets on my radar. If the new Axial Yeti Jr. Can-Am came in kit form with no electronics for around a benjamin or less... I'd get it. I still might get it later down the road just to mess with depending on whether it picks up steam with the aftermarket.

Last edited by soze; 03-06-2019 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
LOL! I'm thinking hard about getting a Dual Rider when it comes out. Maybe you should too?
Well I like those so...

You need to move a lot closer and we can run them together.

Stampede Kit. Traxxas starting to release more kits? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas Stampede electronics / wheels to a SCX10 II builders kit JoshMurrah Newbie General 7 01-11-2019 07:12 AM
Traxxas new release info TwistedXT Chit Chat 21 09-30-2014 05:32 AM
traxxas new release ? TwistedXT Chit Chat 154 01-09-2012 08:04 PM