Check this out , for the racers
https://www.liverc.com/news/new_prod...B74_4wd_buggy/

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2019, 12:38 PM   #2
Custom Carbon Fiber

Default Re: Team Associated B74

Just saw it over on RCTech, my head is spinning with this one. Love that AE stepped out of the box of the B64
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:01 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Looks like the shocks are more laid down than before? I can see this chassis is in favor of the middle ground, high bite and loose. I wonder if any changes will be made/ hop ups available to make a stiffer setup. I don't see a top deck between the center and rear diff.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:12 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I love the engineering of racing buggies and stuff, but damn that area of the hobby is so damn expensive!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:16 PM   #5
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Looks like the shocks are more laid down than before? I can see this chassis is in favor of the middle ground, high bite and loose. I wonder if any changes will be made/ hop ups available to make a stiffer setup. I don't see a top deck between the center and rear diff.
You want chassis flex for carpet and turf.

When I designed the B64.4F conversion kit I looked a lot at what Xray, Yok and HB had in there cars. No top decks and chassis flex for steering. My kits are killers on carpet and turf compared to stock B64's. Looks like AE was watchign them too.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:25 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I love the engineering of racing buggies and stuff, but damn that area of the hobby is so damn expensive!
Tell me about it lol. E truggy is about the most expensive to run. mostly because of tires lol. I remember spending almost 1200 just to run 1 truck at psycho nitro blast. Tires and electronics together cost me more than a new kit. Modified 2wd classes are the cheapest to run especially at club level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
You want chassis flex for carpet and turf.

When I designed the B64.4F conversion kit I looked a lot at what Xray, Yok and HB had in there cars. No top decks and chassis flex for steering. My kits are killers on carpet and turf compared to stock B64's. Looks like AE was watchign them too.
hmm.. I thought you would want a little less flex. I remember in my touring car days id leave the top deck screws a little on the loose side but I never took the top deck completely off.

I see they've added a bar down the center of the chassis.

I have never ran offroad turf or carpet.

Partially why I was asking you about compounds the other day lol.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:32 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Tell me about it lol. E truggy is about the most expensive to run. mostly because of tires lol. I remember spending almost 1200 just to run 1 truck at psycho nitro blast. Tires and electronics together cost me more than a new kit. Modified 2wd classes are the cheapest to run especially at club level.
Not only that, but the fact that you have to pay something to even run the car somewhere sucks.

With crawlers you can just head out anywhere with terrain.

Anyway I bought a few buggies, thought I'd get into it, but quickly changed my mind.

Unfortunately, I've got some brand new kits I need to unload now.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:32 PM   #8
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:

hmm.. I thought you would want a little less flex. I remember in my touring car days id leave the top deck screws a little on the loose side but I never took the top deck completely off.

I see they've added a bar down the center of the chassis.

I have never ran offroad turf or carpet.

Partially why I was asking you about compounds the other day lol.
Foam tire touring car - stiff as hell. I remember when Buds racing built his TC3 with a 3mm chassis. Stiff as a board and had tons of traction.

Rubber tire touring car - flex oh flex .... big learning curve change for me when I started racing them again.

Ya the spines down the center help keep the middle chassis crunch flex out while allowing for it to torsionally twist. Plus its tuneable with how many screws you use.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

The spine tuning is neat!

Team Associated B74 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC DRIFT TEAM TANDEM BATTLES! RawFew vs. Team D-Style (Super-G DriftWars) LAboy Non Crawler RC's 0 02-07-2016 02:36 PM
Team FastEddy Team Losi 1/10th scale crawler Bearing Kit FastEddy Team Losi Comp Crawler 12 04-16-2012 04:31 PM
HUGE thanks to TEAM VANQUISH,TEAM T1E,TEAM 3051 SPAD RC Rock Crawling Worlds 13 09-02-2009 08:42 PM
Team Waggoner Racing Welcomes RCP CRAWLERS And AXIAL To The Team John Competitions 9 06-01-2008 08:31 PM