Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Tamiya M-08 Concept!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Tamiya M-08 Concept!

As was mostly predicted, the new Tamiya M-08 Concept "Mini" chassis is RWD, with a rear-midship motor driving the wheels through a differential - as per the previous Mini designs it can be built S (210mm), M (225mm) or L (239mm) by adding included chassis spacers. Many M-07 parts are used and most existing hop-ups for that kit will fit as well.

I'm personally stoked as this will finally suit my ABC Hobby Lancia Stratos body that I have had for many years - I ordered it from Singapore for a pretty penny.

This is a must have purchase for me, and I'll likely get the NSU TT body for use as a basher, saving the Stratos for shelf-queen status.

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2019, 09:26 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Tamiya M-08 Concept!

Nice, I had an M05 back when, raced them....
Chassis looks great, if there were any carpet tracks around here i’d Have to look at this a bit more seriously. This platform is hella fun to drive.
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:00 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

This is finally the chassis I was looking for. A M-size chassis for a RWD Porsche. Too bad the motor is not hanging out the rear too LOL!
soze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:27 PM   #4

That’s a nice looking bit of kit I’m going to have to get me one I have a lot of Tamiya cars but no m chassis cars.
DatsunDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:55 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I have finally scooped one of these up - found it new, but already built - never run, on eBay - and I am hoping to get it by next weekend.

The builder dropped in a Savox 1251mg low-profile servo and mounted up some Tamiya slicks - no other electronics included.

It includes a Protoform Europa body - basically a generic TCR-class racing hot-hatch body, which is kinda funny as it's RWD...

I'll pretend it's a prototype concept racer like the old Renault 5 Turbo or the Ford SHOGun Festiva, or the more recent Hyundai RM19:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...h-first-drive/

I'm not sure what electronics I'll be dropping in it yet - will likely start out with one of my extra HW1080s and something brushed that I have laying around for fun.

Oh, and I'll be picking up a couple bodyshells at some point, the Tamiya NSU TTS and maybe a Karmann Ghia because I saw a stunning rendition of one on another forum...

And lastly, I'll be seeing if I can paint, trim, and decal my ABC Hobbies Lancia Stratos well enough to be the shelf-queen shell.
Attached Images

durok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tamiya M-08 Concept! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JatoTheRipper Tamiya M-07 Concept JatoTheRipper Non Crawler RC's 79 09-29-2017 09:50 PM
bender concept Docwolf Redcat Crawlers 21 12-28-2011 08:52 PM
Wheel Concept??? Abavuso Tires and Wheels 12 12-27-2010 10:21 PM
Concept chassie Janke General Crawlers 16 02-22-2005 12:46 AM