Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Traxxas spartan new version esc issues?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2019, 11:45 PM   #1

Default Traxxas spartan new version esc issues?

Anybody purchase any of the newer generation boats? Curious if the esc issue still exists or if they got it figured out? I purchased an older spartan used and esc burnt out after 20 minutes run time. Was rhinking of buying a new boast but if im gonna have to spend a few hundred to upgrade a new version anyways i might as well put that into my current one.
Or thought about getting a pro boat zelos the 36" catamaran one. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norcalnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Traxxas spartan new version esc issues?

I really can’t speak for the Traxxas esc issue, I’ve never own a spartan. I’ve owned plenty of Traxxas rigs, never like there esc configuration. Traxxas warranty dept is awesome though.

I have own a few pro boats in my days. I never had any issue with my Proboat impulse stock electronics and I ran 6s all the time, but my pro boat Zelos 36 however had an esc take a dump on me.

If you want my 2 cent on 36 Zelos is, stick with v-hull, Traxxas or pro boat, the catamaran didn’t like any wind or choppy water, many of times I watch mine flying threw the air triple back flip style. My pro boat V Hull was tank, it was hard to flip , it didn’t mind the choppy water or wind.

Unless you have lots of open water space and tons of flat water with no wind, then I would steer clear of the Zelos 36. I personally like the new pro boat sonic wake 36. If you crash it, it flips back over for you. Hated retrieving my flipped boats.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/pro-boa...8032t2/p798549
LukeKang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #3

Default Re: Traxxas spartan new version esc issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeKang77 View Post
I really can’t speak for the Traxxas esc issue, I’ve never own a spartan. I’ve owned plenty of Traxxas rigs, never like there esc configuration. Traxxas warranty dept is awesome though.

I have own a few pro boats in my days. I never had any issue with my Proboat impulse stock electronics and I ran 6s all the time, but my pro boat Zelos 36 however had an esc take a dump on me.

If you want my 2 cent on 36 Zelos is, stick with v-hull, Traxxas or pro boat, the catamaran didn’t like any wind or choppy water, many of times I watch mine flying threw the air triple back flip style. My pro boat V Hull was tank, it was hard to flip , it didn’t mind the choppy water or wind.

Unless you have lots of open water space and tons of flat water with no wind, then I would steer clear of the Zelos 36. I personally like the new pro boat sonic wake 36. If you crash it, it flips back over for you. Hated retrieving my flipped boats.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/pro-boa...8032t2/p798549

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Ive only messed around with the spartan. I do have a pretty good sized pond across the street but it does get choppy so the catamaran flipping is a strong possibility.
Haha yea i had to swim out and retrieve it when the esc fried in the middle of the pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norcalnoob is offline   Reply With Quote

Traxxas spartan new version esc issues? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas Spartan? BLKXJ 96 Chit Chat 11 07-30-2011 01:09 AM