RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Non Crawler RC's (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/non-crawler-rcs/)
-   -   Redcat Camo tt (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/non-crawler-rcs/608069-redcat-camo-tt.html)

#lifebehindbars 04-20-2019 07:53 PM

Redcat Camo tt

I wanna Get a scale'ish trophy truck that can still hang with the short course trucks on most surfaces. So far I have 3 options, axial yeti score, Losi Baja ray and redcat Camo tt, if anyone has any other suggestions I’d be happy to hear them.

I can’t find any reviews on the Camo tt so if anyone has tried one how’d you like it? How’d it compare to other rigs? And how durable has it been?

All replies are much appreciated "thumbsup"

#lifebehindbars 04-20-2019 07:57 PM

Re: Redcat Camo tt

Title was supposed to be “1/10 trophy trucks” but I was gonna just ask about the Camo tt so that’s wat the title was about, but then decided to just ask about trophy trucks in general but forgot to change the title :roll:

MasteroFlego 04-20-2019 11:38 PM

The best handling there is probably the Losi, but if you don't mind something slightly bigger you could get a UDR.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

#lifebehindbars 04-21-2019 06:32 AM

I really want a udr but I can’t offord to pay $700 for one. I’ve been keeping my eyes open for a used one close enough to me that I can go look at it before I buy

TheLetterJ 04-21-2019 11:13 AM

The bind-n-drive Baja Rey is hard to (can't be?) beat at $349.

Jim85IROC 04-22-2019 07:23 AM

I want to try a Camo TT, but I haven't committed to buying one yet. The lack of reviews makes me wonder if this vehicle is going to be popular enough to stick around for long. Fortunately, since it's made by HSP, parts from other HSP vehicles should be available even if the Camo disappears. Overall the Camo looks like a good truck for the money.

indybama 04-22-2019 11:53 AM

I just got a email from Amain Hobbies. Theyve got a deal on select bind n drive Losi vehicles. Free batteries with select trucks. The 1/10 baja rey is on that list. I thought bout this thread wen i seen it. Hope it helps the OP out with makin a decision lol. If i was look for a SC, id be all over it

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Natedog 04-22-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasteroFlego (Post 5929024)
The best handling there is probably the Losi, but if you don't mind something slightly bigger you could get a UDR.

This /\

Quote:

Originally Posted by indybama (Post 5929300)
I just got a email from Amain Hobbies. Theyve got a deal on select bind n drive Losi vehicles. Free batteries with select trucks. The 1/10 baja rey is on that list. I thought bout this thread wen i seen it. Hope it helps the OP out with makin a decision lol. If i was look for a SC, id be all over it

Cheaper deal, but not as scale n nice. :)

CM9000 04-22-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasteroFlego (Post 5929024)

I have to disagree. I raced a Baja rey in 4x4sct for quite some time in a 2 year span. This was without the avc. There are a few videos of me running it in the class on youtube. Its fun sliding it through the corners and what not and taking whoop sections at WOT.

I felt the UDR is more controllable in the air than the losi. But they feel the same on the ground. I had the pleasure of driving a buddies UDR.

Onto the next point.. The newer Baja reys (1/10 scale) come with an open rear diff. The super Baja rey was the first to come like that from losi though. I bought a super Baja rey last year with my taxes. Only drove it once. I immediately hated it. I couldn't slide it around for nothing. Even with the avc off.

If you don't want to slide around, I'd get a new Baja rey. If you do want to slide around, I would get anything but the new Baja rey as long as it has a locked rear diff, or a spool.

One thing to consider.. any of the rear solid axle trucks will have the "donkey kick". The nose dives down hard after leaving a jump if you are not fully on the throttle the whole way through to the landing.

Also, if you get a Baja rey, replace all the bearings diff related and shim the pinions right away. Otherwise, you will be replacing the gears and bearings after the third pack.

MasteroFlego 04-22-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM9000 (Post 5929355)
If you don't want to slide around, I'd get a new Baja rey. If you do want to slide around, I would get anything but the new Baja rey as long as it has a locked rear diff, or a spool.

Or just install a spool after you buy it?