RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Non Crawler RC's (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/non-crawler-rcs/)
-   -   Infraction....Check this out from aarma (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/non-crawler-rcs/609249-infraction-check-out-aarma.html)

Frank211 06-05-2019 02:34 PM

Infraction....Check this out from aarma

Nice lookin truck.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/infraction/https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...298aaada5f.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

durok 06-05-2019 05:49 PM

Re: Infraction....Check this out from aarma

Saw it, looks heavily Ken Block Hoonitruck influenced - betcha it's a blast on a dusty parkin' lot - there's also this new car - the "Limitless":

https://cdn1.arrma-rc.com/limitless/.../ARA109011.jpg

MasteroFlego 06-05-2019 06:18 PM

Nice

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

JatoTheRipper 06-05-2019 06:37 PM

They're both bad ass looking, but just more proof that Arrma is a Traxxas copycat. The Infection looks like an XO-1 with a Hoonitruck body.

MasteroFlego 06-05-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5940566)
They're both bad ass looking, but just more proof that Arrma is a Traxxas copycat. The Infection looks like an XO-1 with a Hoonitruck body.

It has four wheels, a splitter, and a diffuser?

singletracksean 06-05-2019 07:16 PM

Looks like a good rally car. I wonder if existing bodies fit? Is it the same wheelbase as the AE Nomad? If so it could fit rally bodies and easily be made into a rock racer?
Just checked and it's longer than the Nomad.

JatoTheRipper 06-05-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasteroFlego (Post 5940588)
It has four wheels, a splitter, and a diffuser?

You're right. I'm sure Arrma making it 1/7th scale just like the XO-1 is pure coincidence. LOL

MasteroFlego 06-05-2019 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5940593)
You're right. I'm sure Arrma making it 1/7th scale just like the XO-1 is pure coincidence. LOL

It was easier to convert their 1/8 platform to a 1/7 car than to a true 1/8 car?

JatoTheRipper 06-05-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasteroFlego (Post 5940595)
It was easier to convert their 1/8 platform to a 1/7 car than to a true 1/8 car?

You can think that if you'd like. I surely don't think that though. Arrma has never hidden the fact that they were going directly after Traxxas.

Stray 06-05-2019 09:19 PM

This is a sweet release.

the X01 is like 10 years old, and what updates has traxxas given us since?

The Infraction truck is rad. and the formula E looking roller is also a super awesome idea.

saying this is a copy of Traxxas is kinda bonkers.

Now, I really like Traxxas but this is new, and quite frankly different to an X01.

From an engineering and cost perspective, what would you do different to make a low, strong, fun, go fast, big car?

JatoTheRipper 06-06-2019 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stray (Post 5940635)
This is a sweet release.

the X01 is like 10 years old, and what updates has traxxas given us since?

The Infraction truck is rad. and the formula E looking roller is also a super awesome idea.

saying this is a copy of Traxxas is kinda bonkers.

Now, I really like Traxxas but this is new, and quite frankly different to an X01.

From an engineering and cost perspective, what would you do different to make a low, strong, fun, go fast, big car?

The XO-1 was announced in 2011 according to Ball Sweat...err Big Squid. I didn't realize the chassis was that old.

When I said that Arrma is a Traxxas copycat I didn't mean they copy their vehicles exactly. They already did that once when they copied the Revo and got sued. They are now smart enough to release different designs. But what I meant is that Arrma releases vehicles to compete directly with Traxxas. They are gunning for Traxxas. And I'm not saying gunning for Traxxas is a bad thing because it will only cause both companies to make better vehicles which benefits us, the end users.

Stray 06-06-2019 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5940684)
The XO-1 was announced in 2011 according to Ball Sweat...err Big Squid. I didn't realize the chassis was that old.

When I said that Arrma is a Traxxas copycat I didn't mean they copy their vehicles exactly. They already did that once when they copied the Revo and got sued. They are now smart enough to release different designs. But what I meant is that Arrma releases vehicles to compete directly with Traxxas. They are gunning for Traxxas. And I'm not saying gunning for Traxxas is a bad thing because it will only cause both companies to make better vehicles which benefits us, the end users.

Ah yep, I agree. I really liked the X01, and I really like these. Might have to get me one, if they come to Aus and don't cost 1200bucks that is.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Harley 06-07-2019 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was at RC Fest today and walked into the tent and... they had one for sale. Cash in hand, paid in full! It’s so rad. Soooooo rad.

Killa-Cotton 06-08-2019 05:50 AM

Looks awesome. We'll see how durable it is though. The kind of power and speed it's capable of will be hard on the drivetrian. Hopefully Aarma built it to take the punishment.

odomandr 06-08-2019 06:23 AM

It's less about can it take the abuse and more about can the driver reach top speeds and keep it in control

Killa-Cotton 06-08-2019 07:22 AM

Isn't that a given? If you lose control of the car at 60+ mph there will be damage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by odomandr (Post 5941318)
It's less about can it take the abuse and more about can the driver reach top speeds and keep it in control

JatoTheRipper 06-08-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 5941281)
I was at RC Fest today and walked into the tent and... they had one for sale. Cash in hand, paid in full! It’s so rad. Soooooo rad.

What ESC and motor are you dropping into it?

Harley 06-08-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5941327)
What ESC and motor are you dropping into it?

The Infraction is the RTR so I’m leaving the stock system in it for now. I’ll change the servo and radio.

soze 06-08-2019 10:29 PM

That Infraction looks sweet!

JatoTheRipper 06-10-2019 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 5941533)
The Infraction is the RTR so I’m leaving the stock system in it for now. I’ll change the servo and radio.

Ah OK. From what I read I believed both the Infraction and Limitless came as rollers.

Both the Infraction and Limitless do look very sweet.