Notices

Thread: New Losi Mini-T 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New Losi Mini-T 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I completely forgot to consider different wheel hex types, I'll just wait it out I suppose.

But to answer your questions you cant run a bearing wheel up front because they use a spindle/axle stub with a built in hex (all one piece).

I was looking at the Mini 8, not sure on the hex size but I'm guessing its a step up in the tire size.

I dont think I'd attempt shaving the Hex's down especially with the front being the way it is.

Nice! Do those use a bladder?

No they do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Hipsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2019, 07:10 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

I just spotted this Brushless motor/ESC combo. I'm a bit stunned, I've never seen an ESC crammed into motor like this!

https://www.horizonhobby.com/brushle...000kv-dyns0501

Also new tires hopefully something like I was after. no pictures just a listing. They list the stock tires separately so these should be something new.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/directi...-t-20-los41010

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 12-07-2019 at 07:21 PM.
HumboldtEF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:21 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Bit of advice for anyone planning on being lazy and using the stock EC2 connectors when swapping electronics: they are the worst to install. I split like 5 plug housings trying to seat the bullets all the way in. XT60s aren't much bigger, handle alot more amps, and are way easier to install.

Don't ruin your holiday season by trying to install any EC2 connectors.
Are they really that bad?
I trust you but all I need is to install one really
Maybe that brand just used a poor quality plastic? Or maybe they need a bit of heat to help them flex?

I was just about to pick up a few so I could storage charge the battery with a real charger. I suppose I could just look for a charge adapter that's already soldered.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #64

Quote:
I just spotted this Brushless motor/ESC combo. I'm a bit stunned, I've never seen an ESC crammed into motor like this!

https://www.horizonhobby.com/brushle...000kv-dyns0501

Also new tires hopefully something like I was after. no pictures just a listing. They list the stock tires separately so these should be something new.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/directi...-t-20-los41010
I think Dynamite was the first to put the ESC into the motor. They also make them for 1/10th scale vehicles. I like the idea for a small scale rig like the Mini-T where space is at a premium.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...2wd-p-dyns1450

Quote:
Maybe that brand just used a poor quality plastic? Or maybe they need a bit of heat to help them flex?

I was just about to pick up a few so I could storage charge the battery with a real charger. I suppose I could just look for a charge adapter that's already soldered.
EC connectors flat out suck. I hate them. Any reason to switch to something else is a good reason.

Every time I install and remove the battery on the Mini-T I'm reminded how much I hate EC's. And the plastic feels so flimsy so I'm not shocked by the troubles that svt experienced.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:34 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Ok fair enough, I converted away from the EC5's for my 1/10 scales so I understand that. Time to try out some XT30's I suppose.

I had a facepalm moment last night when I was looking at the hop up ad that came with the truck and that ESC/motor that I though was something new or special was right there all along, I just didn't notice it lol

On the subject of the brushless motor, I'm really interested to try it out but I want these to be kid friendly, might just end up with a 3rd Mini T 2.0 so I can keep a pair that can run together.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 12-12-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Yeah, they are pretty terrible. I don't know if there is a brand that makes "good" EC2 connectors, even the stock ones feel the same as the ones I bought. Not a lot of effort goes into making small connectors unlike the larger ones.

If you just need a charge lead, you can get them premade on Amazon for cheap.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:51 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Okay Thanks for the feedback guys!

I opened up the spur cover to check the gear mesh as it was sounding a bit off. I found its got a wobbly/off center spur and the mesh is a bit too tight. They use a hole system for meshing the gears instead of a slot. So I opened up the holes a bit so I could move the pinion farther away.
The way I treat these off center spurs is to find the tight spot where the pinion binds and set the mesh in this spot. You'll likely find the mesh is good on the opposite side so I like to spin it as I check to make sure its good on all sides.

Another thing I noticed was the pinion itself had a tiny wobble to it and the farther out its installed on the motor shaft the worse this wobble gets. Just to check I installed it backwards and the wobble was almost entirely gone but you cant actually run it this way. I though maybe the motor shaft got bend when I remove the set screw but its fine.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:55 AM   #68

Quote:
Okay Thanks for the feedback guys!

I opened up the spur cover to check the gear mesh as it was sounding a bit off. I found its got a wobbly/off center spur and the mesh is a bit too tight. They use a hole system for meshing the gears instead of a slot. So I opened up the holes a bit so I could move the pinion farther away.
The way I treat these off center spurs is to find the tight spot where the pinion binds and set the mesh in this spot. You'll likely find the mesh is good on the opposite side so I like to spin it as I check to make sure its good on all sides.

Another thing I noticed was the pinion itself had a tiny wobble to it and the farther out its installed on the motor shaft the worse this wobble gets. Just to check I installed it backwards and the wobble was almost entirely gone but you cant actually run it this way. I though maybe the motor shaft got bend when I remove the set screw but its fine.
Well that's a total bummer that the motor plate isn't slotted! That's aggravating even.

I've never seen a wobbly pinion. I guess the low cost is starting to show...

Have any of you had failures of the A-arms? Apparently lots of people are so Losi changed them. There's more reinforcement around the hinge pin. Mine have been fine.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Well that's a total bummer that the motor plate isn't slotted! That's aggravating even.

I've never seen a wobbly pinion. I guess the low cost is starting to show...

Have any of you had failures of the A-arms? Apparently lots of people are so Losi changed them. There's more reinforcement around the hinge pin. Mine have been fine.
I've never seen a pinion wobble either, but I think it mainly comes from the fact that the shaft is so small and the flat spot on it is pretty large in comparison to the shaft itself (compared to what a 540 has). That coupled with the fact that the inside of the pinion is mostly hollow except for the very end make it pretty off. Oh and the flat spot also extends the full length of whats exposed.

No A arm failures though I haven't handed over to any kids yet. I had a wreck the other day and was looking at the size of the hinge pin area and it is pretty dainty.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 12-12-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:02 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Beefed up a arms came in today. Wish I could have got two sets cause I’m buying another 2.0

Old 12-15-2019, 08:53 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Can confirm the stock A arms are not kid proof, I'd rate the strength a 10 (10 minutes) lol

It cracked at the pin. I'll try a CA repair in the mean time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hipsley View Post
Beefed up a arms came in today. Wish I could have got two sets cause I’m buying another 2.0

do you have a part number for those?

Its hard to tell if this listing is for the originals or the new beefed version. https://www.horizonhobby.com/suspens...20-p-los214003

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 12-15-2019 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:50 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Can confirm the stock A arms are not kid proof, I'd rate the strength a 10 (10 minutes) lol

It cracked at the pin. I'll try a CA repair in the mean time.

Its hard to tell if this listing is for the originals or the new beefed version. https://www.horizonhobby.com/suspens...20-p-los214003

Sorry I don’t. They came loose in no packaging.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:10 AM   #73

Quote:

Contact Losi/Horizon. They are sending out replacements at no cost if you break them.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:47 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

New A-arms just showed up. Not sure if this part number is correct because the packaging was opened already.

It does say rev A (revision A) so maybe it the right part number.

looking at the part listed on Horizon they dont appear to be rev A, they dont have the larger ends from what I can tell.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/suspens...20-p-los214003

Original on top, rev A on bottom
Old 12-27-2019, 02:54 PM   #75

Apparently the Mini-T 2.0 production was stopped or something because they are on backorder until January. I believe it's so they can update the A-arms as a running change.

EDIT: Horizon's website says backorder until March! That's either going to take some wind out of the sails of this truck or the lack of supply will hype it up. I hope it's the latter.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:45 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

I saw that they are backordered I just though they had sold out or something.

I guess it should be for the best so they dont have people worried about durability.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:59 PM   #77

Quote:
I saw that they are backordered I just though they had sold out or something.

I guess it should be for the best so they dont have people worried about durability.
It could be due to sales. It's just my assumption that they're making a running change. I have no information to back that up.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:24 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
It could be due to sales. It's just my assumption that they're making a running change. I have no information to back that up.
This is correct. Rev change in Arms hitting prod units.
mOOsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:34 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Just got my dynamite brushless setup. Super clean with built in esc and very smooth. Cant tell if sensored, but there's zero cogging and low speed is excellent.
mOOsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:10 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

I’ve just ordered one along with the alloy shocks, should be with me tomorrow
Curb Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote

New Losi Mini-T 2.0 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
flat irons+losi 1.9 Team Losi rims for LOSI Mini= ? general lee Tires and Wheels 11 08-27-2009 04:08 PM
Losi Mini LST2, Traxxas Mini Slash, or Mini revo. CrawlinMike Non Crawler RC's 10 07-14-2009 06:53 PM