Thread: New Losi Mini-T 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2020, 05:19 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New Losi Mini-T 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Okay Thanks for the feedback guys!

I opened up the spur cover to check the gear mesh as it was sounding a bit off. I found its got a wobbly/off center spur and the mesh is a bit too tight. They use a hole system for meshing the gears instead of a slot. So I opened up the holes a bit so I could move the pinion farther away.
The way I treat these off center spurs is to find the tight spot where the pinion binds and set the mesh in this spot. You'll likely find the mesh is good on the opposite side so I like to spin it as I check to make sure its good on all sides.

Another thing I noticed was the pinion itself had a tiny wobble to it and the farther out its installed on the motor shaft the worse this wobble gets. Just to check I installed it backwards and the wobble was almost entirely gone but you cant actually run it this way. I though maybe the motor shaft got bend when I remove the set screw but its fine.

Any clue what the pinion sizes are slotted for on the motor mount? Id like to get a smaller pinion. The brushless 40th is just way too fast! I see stock pinion is the middle one. But any clue what size pinion is needed for the closest mount mount holes?

Thank you.
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2020, 06:30 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

Those look freak'n awesome.

I might have to try and get my old Mini LST up and running.
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:10 PM   #103
Rock Crawler

Default New Losi Mini-T 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK KRAWLER View Post
Those look freak'n awesome.

I might have to try and get my old Mini LST up and running.

I have to admit, it was fun jumping an RC for a change...

I had one of these way back in the day. Actually I had the mini T buggy. That thing was so much fun. But man did it break every other run. It was cool to drive one of these again though! Even cooler was how freaking fast the brushless motor combo is. Jesus. Its wheelies on demand like my aarma granite BLX brushless. Its just wheelies when you full throttle. Almost at every speed too.

The radio and transmitter sucks though. Its throttle was basically all or nothing if you ask me. So I slapped a flysky GT3 into mine and I can control it SO much better. I immediately noticed.

I need to get a 1/10th buggy next. I did this all wrong. 1/10th crawlers to 1/24th crawlers. Then I got an aarma granite BLX brushless and that thing could kill someone if it hit them at full speed. Its just so dam big and fast. Its too much for me. This is funner than you know what around the front of the house. In and out of my neighbors yards, off the curbs, off 6" high kids plastic jump, you name it, I just did it and it held up ok. Nothing broke in the 5-6 times I rolled it for whatever reason.

And this new motor/ECS all in one motor is a trip. I ran mine a whole battery back (20-25min not WOT the whole time) and my motor was not hot by any means. I had never seen an ESC in a motor before. It seems to work pretty good. Too good actually. I will end up dropping a pinion to slow this down just a smidgen.

Fun times! It rips! Jumps very well too!

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 04-04-2020 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:20 PM   #104

Congrats! I don't know if you care about value, but if you do you may want to put that numbered chassis away for a few years. It may be worth money.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #105
Rock Crawler

Thank you. I hear what your saying, but it’s too late now. I’ve already got a couple marks.

And that’s ok with me. I don’t shelf queen anything anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Any clue what the pinion sizes are slotted for on the motor mount? Id like to get a smaller pinion. The brushless 40th is just way too fast! I see stock pinion is the middle one. But any clue what size pinion is needed for the closest mount mount holes?

Thank you.

Thats a good question, I looked through the optional parts and manual but they dont list any other pinions or event the stock pinion.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #107
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thats a good question, I looked through the optional parts and manual but they dont list any other pinions or event the stock pinion.
Thank you. I found the stock pinion on this diagram. Other diagrams of the 2.0 dont show it. But this one does. Them holes closest to the motor are a PITA to get too. You have to remove the slipper/spur to get to them. Kind of makes it hard to mesh with the spur in the way.

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...-Manual-EN.pdf

It appears to be this pinion.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-48...454420?v=22070

I tried a 10T I had laying around and it was much easier to control, but it was maxing out the motor RPM pretty quick. Im going to try a 13T next.

Im also going to order that HR motor mount with adjustable mesh. I cant stand the hole design.

EDIT:

That actually doesnt appear to be the pinion at all. That pinion part number shows 3.175mm hole. I believe the pinion is 2mm bore. Odd that the diagram shows a PN. Yet that looks to be for something else. Im confused.

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 04-05-2020 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:28 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

EDIT:

That actually doesnt appear to be the pinion at all. That pinion part number shows 3.175mm hole. I believe the pinion is 2mm bore. Odd that the diagram shows a PN. Yet that looks to be for something else. Im confused.

I have the stock motor right next to me and can confirm the motor shaft is 2mm.

EDIT the part number LOS 4115 that they show as the stock pinion also brings up 1/10 scale SCT's as compatible so it must be the wrong part number
Losi

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 04-05-2020 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:25 PM   #109
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I have the stock motor right next to me and can confirm the motor shaft is 2mm.

EDIT the part number LOS 4115 that they show as the stock pinion also brings up 1/10 scale SCT's as compatible so it must be the wrong part number
Losi
Yup. 2MM it is. Thank you kind sir. I just looked at the motor/ECS all in one combo's manual and it appears that motor has some settings for punch, drag brake and a few other things. Rather cool find while looking for pinion sizes.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:56 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yup. 2MM it is. Thank you kind sir. I just looked at the motor/ECS all in one combo's manual and it appears that motor has some settings for punch, drag brake and a few other things. Rather cool find while looking for pinion sizes.

That is interesting I didn't know that.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:11 PM   #111
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That is interesting I didn't know that.
It was a cool find for sure. Heres the manual for the motor/ecs all in once combo on the 40th version (DYNS0501)

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/DYNS0501-Manual-ML.pdf

I will be dropping my punch down soon. It wheelies too much out of the box.

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 04-06-2020 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #112
RCC Addict

I have a LE, anyone know of chassis protector?
i dont plan on driving it much, but when i do, id like to protect the chassis.
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:59 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobs View Post
I have a LE, anyone know of chassis protector?
i dont plan on driving it much, but when i do, id like to protect the chassis.
I saw this on ebay. Not sure how it attaches. Probably double sided tape.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chassis-Pro...EAAOSwlSZeZb~6

For now, I used some thin rubber weather stripping stripes from front to back to keep mine from being scraped up along the chassis.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:05 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Yesterday I took out my Mini T that I converted to brushless and managed to smash the body up and snap off my 3d printed shock towers in the span of about 15 minutes lol. Its not like its fragile, I jumped and hit my house lol
It wasnt the stock body though its the Carisma Coyote 1/18 crawler body which is apparently pretty thin. It landed on the bed and did the shock towers and body in.

So I converted it back to the stock shock towers and stock body so I can actually drive it.

I was driving on a tiny bit concrete and grass and I got zero wheelies, maybe its not grippy enough. Oh and I do have the LE pin tires.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:29 AM   #115
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yesterday I took out my Mini T that I converted to brushless and managed to smash the body up and snap off my 3d printed shock towers in the span of about 15 minutes lol. Its not like its fragile, I jumped and hit my house lol
It wasnt the stock body though its the Carisma Coyote 1/18 crawler body which is apparently pretty thin. It landed on the bed and did the shock towers and body in.

So I converted it back to the stock shock towers and stock body so I can actually drive it.

I was driving on a tiny bit concrete and grass and I got zero wheelies, maybe its not grippy enough. Oh and I do have the LE pin tires.
Same story here.

I installed a stronger servo i had left over and had to use spacers and a normal plastic servo horn since the stock servo saver didnt fit the new servo.

https://www.amazon.com/AGFrc-Sub-Mic...6444677&sr=8-8

5 mins after setting up a small jump in my somewhat soft muddy grass (or lack of) and it SNAPPED the horn right off.

It immediately reminded me of how fragile the 1st version was. It also makes me somewhat question if I want to dump money into this thing for hop ups.

I was thinking about buying all the aluminum upgrades. But Im worried those will bend on first impact.

Its fun, but seems just as fragile as the last one.

No wheelies? Mine wheelies on asphalt and even while rolling on asphalt with the 40th 6k brushless motor. In the grass its instant wheelie if I dont use throttle control. Which is hard. I just want to GO! lol.

I do plan to lower the punch setting down to 1-2. Its just too much acceleration out of the hole.

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 04-09-2020 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:41 AM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Thats a bummer BIGWORM. I blame my breakage on driving late at night in a confined space and I only broke stuff I had added or modified. I did break one of the front A arms at the hinge pin early on (or my Nephew did rather) but they did come up with a new design that has a bit more meat to it (Horizon sent me replacements for free).

I guess even though its tiny I might just need more space.

Its hard to imagine that servo saver snapping with all the play it has, its sooo sloppy lol

EDIT: I guess I miss read that, maybe the weak stock servo and sloppy servo saver are a safer fit for this thing?

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 04-09-2020 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #117
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thats a bummer BIGWORM. I blame my breakage on driving late at night in a confined space and I only broke stuff I had added or modified. I did break one of the front A arms at the hinge pin early on (or my Nephew did rather) but they did come up with a new design that has a bit more meat to it (Horizon sent me replacements for free).

I guess even though its tiny I might just need more space.

Its hard to imagine that servo saver snapping with all the play it has, its sooo sloppy lol

EDIT: I guess I miss read that, maybe the weak stock servo and sloppy
servo saver are a safer fit for this thing?

Ah its my own fault. I should have left the stock servo alone. It worked. It was just sloppy and I wanted to try my left over servos form my micro crawlers. Being a crawler guy makes me not want a servo saver at all. But in this case, it seems to be a must on the mini T 2.0.

I ended up putting the stock one back on and used the zip tie mod around the stock servo saver. Which actually works pretty good. It will still give some play, but not nearly as loose when just driving straight in stock form.

I also ordered all 5 of kimborugh(sp) servo savers for micro servos. They where only 5 bucks each so I bought all 4 for options with all my micro servos. Lucky me, they are local to me. So I should have them soon and can put that cheap torque servo I had tried for 5 mins back on.

For those who want to change out the servo and keep a saver on it, here are some options.

Servo Savers :: Small Servo Savers - Kimbrough Racing Products - RC Spur Gears, Pinion Gears, Servo Savers

I have no clue on the quality. But its all I could find for small servos.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:23 AM   #118
Rock Crawler

Well, I ordered a bunch of stuff for my Mini T. Hopefully I dont bend it first run...lol. Damn quarantine has me spending money on parts to keep me busy.

HR front arms:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-...72.m2749.l2649

HR front spindles:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-...72.m2749.l2649

Jconcepts Body: (I like the rear spoiler design. The stock one seems to rip off too easily.)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/JConcepts-F...72.m2749.l2649

Losi Front pivot:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-mi...11001/p1144676

Losi Caster block:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-mi...11003/p1144678

Losi front brace:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-mi...11007/p1144681

Losi Front camber bar:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-mi...11009/p1144683

Tamiya Metalic red PS-15:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353044693141

If I could only find the steering bell crank in metal! Its out of stock everywhere. = (

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 04-11-2020 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:03 PM   #119
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Damn quarantine has me spending money on parts to keep me busy.(
Not on a Mini-T, but my quarantine experience has been quite expensive too... Added 4 new rigs (well one used and three new...), as well as building up my sons SCX10 and reviving a few older R/C's...
Glad I'm still able to work and have a paycheck rolling in.

Sounds like it'll be a pretty stout Mini-T with those parts
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:30 AM   #120
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK KRAWLER View Post
Not on a Mini-T, but my quarantine experience has been quite expensive too... Added 4 new rigs (well one used and three new...), as well as building up my sons SCX10 and reviving a few older R/C's...
Glad I'm still able to work and have a paycheck rolling in.

Sounds like it'll be a pretty stout Mini-T with those parts
Damn! You have a lot of projects on your hands! Thats awesome.

And thank you. Well see how it all comes together. The Mini T 2.0 is fun, but its size has me wanting something bigger now.

Happy Easter!

New Losi Mini-T 2.0 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
flat irons+losi 1.9 Team Losi rims for LOSI Mini= ? general lee Tires and Wheels 11 08-27-2009 04:08 PM
Losi Mini LST2, Traxxas Mini Slash, or Mini revo. CrawlinMike Non Crawler RC's 10 07-14-2009 06:53 PM