Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: New Losi Mini-T 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2019, 09:42 AM   #41

Default Re: New Losi Mini-T 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hipsley View Post
Yeah very hard to get the battery in and out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
The only real downside of charging through the balance leads is they can’t pass much amperage but that isn’t a concern on a battery this small. I don’t really trust chargers that don’t give you any info on the battery so I’m using the same charger I use for all my other batteries anyway.

As for getting the battery in and out, I found you have to pull up on the front corners then slide the whole pack forward a bit to get it out. This usually requires opening the battery hold down up more than you think you would need.
OK it's not just me or my truck that makes it difficult to change out the battery.

I plan to charge my pack with my Hitec charger as well. I just have to solder on a new connector.

Which brushless ESC and motor are you using?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Well this thing looks like so much fun that I ordered 2!

Its an odd present for my Nephew in that I'll be keeping it and bringing it to him to use. The reason being his farther who is into RC Crawlers isn't too into fixing his sons cars. I got my Nephew a Arrma Senton (the slow version) and it broke a servo early on and I gave him a replacement and its still not fixed almost 2 years later, every time I ask about it I get told "it's broke". Another factor is the kid never asks to do any RC stuff unless I show up and then he'll ask what I brought for him to run.
So I'll care for the cars and bring them out so they can be used, this way he actually gets to run them and my Brother dosen't have to deal with maintaining them.

What kind of run time are you guys getting out of these batteries? Also does anyone have the dimensions of the stock battery? I was already wondering what might work for an extra battery.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 12-01-2019 at 11:29 AM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Which brushless ESC and motor are you using?
Hobbywing Quicrun 16 and a SkyRC Toro 1/18 4300kv motor. The ESC is kinda big for this truck so I had to mount the receiver (decased Tactic from a Axial RTR) on the servo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Also does anyone have the dimensions of the stock battery? I was already wondering what might work for an extra battery.
I posted this earlier:

Quote:
Some important information to note is the battery compartment dimensions are about 58 mm (L) x 32 mm (W) x 20 mm (H). There is a few more mms to be gained on the width by trimming some of the side guards but it seems the average 800-850mah 2S drone packs will fit for some extra capacity.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:04 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I posted this earlier:

Shoot! sorry I missed that, thank you!

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 12-01-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:24 PM   #45

Batteries from the original Mini-T are not the same size as the Mini-T 2.0. The OG accepted much larger batteries albeit thinner.

Old 12-02-2019, 08:57 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Got a new connector soldered on the battery and it stopped raining long enough to get a few test passes up and down the street with the brushless setup.

Unsurprisingly, it is way better. The feeling of quickly running out of top end speed in wide open spaces is gone. I would say it tops out in the 20-25 mph range as it was keeping up with cars going down my street which feels super fast in something this small.

I don't have super aggressive initial throttle settings on the ESC since this is still a 2WD truck but rear traction has not been an issue. The motor is capable of still launching hard enough to slip the slipper or diff out on take off but it is quite controlled with no spinning out and no wheelies. Going to mid motor was a good move.

Can't wait to get this out and jumping off some stuff now.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:31 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Shocks came. Bummer that they are already assembled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Hipsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:13 PM   #48

Quote:
Got a new connector soldered on the battery and it stopped raining long enough to get a few test passes up and down the street with the brushless setup.

Unsurprisingly, it is way better. The feeling of quickly running out of top end speed in wide open spaces is gone. I would say it tops out in the 20-25 mph range as it was keeping up with cars going down my street which feels super fast in something this small.

I don't have super aggressive initial throttle settings on the ESC since this is still a 2WD truck but rear traction has not been an issue. The motor is capable of still launching hard enough to slip the slipper or diff out on take off but it is quite controlled with no spinning out and no wheelies. Going to mid motor was a good move.

Can't wait to get this out and jumping off some stuff now.
The mid motor was a good move.

Mine jumps nose down, but maybe it’s my jump. Let us know how yours flies.

Quote:
Shocks came. Bummer that they are already assembled.

You should disassemble them, slime the o-rings and rebuild them anyway.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:28 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
You should disassemble them, slime the o-rings and rebuild them anyway.
+1 Copious amounts of green slime or similar for leak-free happiness.
Gimpy00Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:32 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy00Wang View Post
+1 Copious amounts of green slime or similar for leak-free happiness.

Exactly what I’m going to do.

Old 12-05-2019, 05:50 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

I just received my order from Amain. Charged it up and tested in my warehouse at work for a minute or so and I can already tell these will be a blast. The tires have good grip (on cement) and it turns on a dime.

Very pleased so far and I've barely scratched the surface.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:53 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

I just want to answer one of the questions I asked earlier, whats the run time on the stock battery?

Battery run time seems to be maybe 25 minutes or so though I didnt actually track the time that was just what it felt like.

I can also report mine jumps nice and flat, my jump is flat and only 13-15 degrees.

I ran it in the backyard and it doesnt like tall grass of course, I might actually have to mow

One of my neighbors cats came out and hunted the Mini-T, it really seems interested in my RC's
It managed to pull off a pit maneuver as it was chasing the Mini-T but I dont want to encourage any torn tires which is what it was clawing at.

I also hit LVC and ended up a bit out of balance which seems to happen to all of my new small capacity batteries, it sucks! Not a great way to start out with a new lipo.

Then I realized I have some bodies for the SCX24 that might fit. I'm not a huge (RC) truggy body fan, they're just so odd and ugly IMO.

Toyota Stout (not licensed) from Carisma

Old Axial SCX24 deadbolt body, I think this one might actually look good though the back needs some trimming to clear the shock towers.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 12-05-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:25 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

BangGood usually has some smaller scale hardbodies that are nice.

Here’s a VW Bug for cheap.

Bug sketchy specs

Losi specs

Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:51 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Good to know Brake Weight

I made some spacers up so the rear shocks can be mounted on the front side instead of the rear. This will help other bodies fit.

One thing that will make body swaps a bit more difficult is the rear body posts which are not separate or adjustable. They also sit lower than the shock tower itself.
I think a new shock tower design might be a good fix, make the body posts adjustable and raise them up above the shock towers.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:09 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Does anyone know if there are other wheels and tires that fit these? I did a bit of searching and it doesn't seem like there are any made specifically for it beyond the stock BK bars.

I'm just wondering if there are some that might work better on grass.

These look like maybe they'd be close, likely bigger though. made for the Losi 1/14 rally.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/ff-rr-g...lly-p-los41006
Old 12-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

What are they? Hex, pin type, front on bushings/bearings?
Old 12-06-2019, 07:32 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

It has 8mm hex's front and rear.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:00 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
It has 8mm hex's front and rear.

That’s odd. Shouldn’t be long before the GPM wheels and such start popping up. You may be able to find some of the older style rear wheels with just a pin slot and by two sets of rear wheels. Could you run some of the bushing/bearing front wheels on the axle stub without the hex or pin installed? What hex were the Mini 8? Could you shave the 8mm to a 7mm and run 1” wheels? I wonder what the ECX 1/18 runs.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:21 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Installed the aluminum shocks with 25w oil. Super smooth.

Old 12-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
That’s odd. Shouldn’t be long before the GPM wheels and such start popping up. You may be able to find some of the older style rear wheels with just a pin slot and by two sets of rear wheels. Could you run some of the bushing/bearing front wheels on the axle stub without the hex or pin installed? What hex were the Mini 8? Could you shave the 8mm to a 7mm and run 1” wheels? I wonder what the ECX 1/18 runs.

I completely forgot to consider different wheel hex types, I'll just wait it out I suppose.

But to answer your questions you cant run a bearing wheel up front because they use a spindle/axle stub with a built in hex (all one piece).

I was looking at the Mini 8, not sure on the hex size but I'm guessing its a step up in the tire size.

I dont think I'd attempt shaving the Hex's down especially with the front being the way it is.

Quote:
Installed the aluminum shocks with 25w oil. Super smooth.

Nice! Do those use a bladder?

New Losi Mini-T 2.0 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
flat irons+losi 1.9 Team Losi rims for LOSI Mini= ? general lee Tires and Wheels 11 08-27-2009 04:08 PM
Losi Mini LST2, Traxxas Mini Slash, or Mini revo. CrawlinMike Non Crawler RC's 10 07-14-2009 06:53 PM