Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: New Losi Mini-T 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default New Losi Mini-T 2.0

This is one of those releases that I didn't think would ever happen but it looks like we have a brand new Mini-T.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/1-18-mi...ite-los01015t1

I loved my OG Mini-T (bought it within a few weeks of the release of the first RTR version) and some of the best RC memories I have is driving Mini-Ts with my cousins. This may be a must purchase.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2019, 03:43 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Losi Mini-T 2.0

Sheeeeeeeiiiiit. This blows the original out of the water. Anyone wanna buy 2 OG Minis? LOL.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:21 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Freaking wow!!!

Comes with every hopup the original needed!
nedmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:49 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Sheeeeeeeiiiiit. This blows the original out of the water. Anyone wanna buy 2 OG Minis? LOL.
Hell yeah it does.

The original was craptastic (but amazingly fun) with the bushings, friction shocks, phillips screws, AM radio gear, proprietary servo, and the terrible AA holder for power. I don't exactly remember what the OG version cost when it was first released but I think it was somewhere in the $125-150 range, the 2.0 is incredible for basically the same cost (or possibly less) as the original. You have to hold on to at least 1 of the OGs for comparison purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedmo View Post
Freaking wow!!!

Comes with every hopup the original needed!
The only option part I wish it had was CVDs but everything else looks spot on.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:05 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Drove the 2.0 at my LHS today and it was impressive. The whole truck feels more solid than the original. It is way more stable at speed than I remember the OG version being, even on high traction surfaces. The stock setup feels quick but runs out of top end speed quickly in larger spaces, brushless would be a lot more fun if you run outdoors. The steering feels precise and the servo saver doesn’t take anything away. The only things I didn’t really like are the radio (it is like 3/4 the size of a normal radio and feels weird, works fine though) and the odd sized battery.

Overall, I’m happy and my order is in.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:00 PM   #6
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Drove the 2.0 at my LHS today and it was impressive. The whole truck feels more solid than the original. It is way more stable at speed than I remember the OG version being, even on high traction surfaces. The stock setup feels quick but runs out of top end speed quickly in larger spaces, brushless would be a lot more fun if you run outdoors. The steering feels precise and the servo saver doesn’t take anything away. The only things I didn’t really like are the radio (it is like 3/4 the size of a normal radio and feels weird, works fine though) and the odd sized battery.

How do you figure it would do on a relatively short carpet? I have a mix of wood and carpet.

I assume you didn’t get to jump it? Figure I could modestly send it without breaking parts?
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:18 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
How do you figure it would do on a relatively short carpet? I have a mix of wood and carpet.

I assume you didn’t get to jump it? Figure I could modestly send it without breaking parts?
It handles carpet really well in the limited time I had with it. You can turn in really hard without traction rolling. If you drive it indoors in tight spaces, it feels way faster than it does in larger spaces.

As for jumping, I didn’t get to do any of that but I will most definitely be sending it when I get mine. It feels solid, much more like a shrunken Losi race truck than a toy that just looks like one.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:26 PM   #8
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
It handles carpet really well in the limited time I had with it. You can turn in really hard without traction rolling. If you drive it indoors in tight spaces, it feels way faster than it does in larger spaces.

As for jumping, I didn’t get to do any of that but I will most definitely be sending it when I get mine. It feels solid, much more like a shrunken Losi race truck than a toy that just looks like one.
Every winter I look at getting a mini but never end up pulling the trigger. Might have to finally put that too rest.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Horizon is churning out winners man! They are affordable to top it off. I like my Roost 4wd so much is probably the only reason I won't rush out and grab this but it isn't off my list is all I can say at this point.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Jackalo626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:00 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Ordered mine. Couldn’t help it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Hipsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:37 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Held one at store today, the suspension really moved far and seemed smooth but I read odd reviews of them breaking lots of things here and there and that is a huge turnoff, especially with all the good reliable brands out there. Not personal experience but it bummed me to hear from various sites on the net for reviews on them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Jackalo626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:40 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalo626 View Post
Held one at store today, the suspension really moved far and seemed smooth but I read odd reviews of them breaking lots of things here and there and that is a huge turnoff, especially with all the good reliable brands out there. Not personal experience but it bummed me to hear from various sites on the net for reviews on them.
I haven't seen any legitimate reviews on the 2.0 yet, where are you seeing bad ones?
Old 11-18-2019, 08:32 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I haven't seen any legitimate reviews on the 2.0 yet, where are you seeing bad ones?
I'm curious too.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I'd hope the plastics are stronger these days, but...

Back in the day I had a Losi Mini Sprint - it was exceedingly delicate... drove really sweet on smooth concrete.

Used to run it in parking garages!

Losi: 1/18 Mini Sprint RTR: Losi (LOSB0206)

I will no longer buy anything smaller than 1/12th, just really dislike breaking parts on stock vehicles.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:40 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Thanks for the quick drive review at your LHS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalo626 View Post
Where are these bad reviews? Somebody is always unhappy about anything, I'd go more with what you saw and felt in person.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:27 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

All the hop ups look great. Definitely getting aluminum shocks.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:55 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

In stock on Tower! Go get em!

Old 11-28-2019, 08:31 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

It gets here tomorrow. Can’t wait! Went ahead and ordered aluminum shocks I couldn’t help myself.

Old 11-28-2019, 08:41 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Hoping the LHS will have mine in on Friday but in the meantime:

Not sure SkyRC actually makes these Toro 1/18 motors anymore but I found a NIP one on ebay for $15. One of these motors made my old Losi Mini LST move pretty well so a Mini-T should be nothing and 4300kv should still be quite drivable.

Bit of advice for anyone planning on being lazy and using the stock EC2 connectors when swapping electronics: they are the worst to install. I split like 5 plug housings trying to seat the bullets all the way in. XT60s aren't much bigger, handle alot more amps, and are way easier to install.

Don't ruin your holiday season by trying to install any EC2 connectors.

Last edited by svt923; 11-28-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:40 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I have a Toro in my MLST as well. Hmmm

New Losi Mini-T 2.0 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
flat irons+losi 1.9 Team Losi rims for LOSI Mini= ? general lee Tires and Wheels 11 08-27-2009 04:08 PM
Losi Mini LST2, Traxxas Mini Slash, or Mini revo. CrawlinMike Non Crawler RC's 10 07-14-2009 06:53 PM