Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: c0bra’s simple drift car that forgot how to be simple

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2020, 10:26 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default c0bra’s simple drift car that forgot how to be simple

With some fun stuff coming soon for this car I figured it’s finally time to make a build thread. These plans were originally for a limited production drift car I have but they unfortunately won’t work!

I’ll just leave this pic here and see if anyone can quess what the secret car is. No it is not a deantech d9 bulldog or one of its copies.

Anyways enough of that car, this thread is for my simple drift car. As some of you may know from my drift mojave thread, I’ve had this car for about a year or so. It started out as a Rtr rmx 2.0 with the s15 Silvia body which I quickly replaced.

The body that went onto it was a Pandora s13 coupe body. I have to admit, as much as the pandora detail is nice. I personally don’t like them after this body. I found the decals were horrible and looked fake, plus the lexan is paper thin at best. I ran this body for a bit with literally nothing happening except putting on the same (but different) wheels and tires that the mojave drift has.

Anyways I got tired of that body and eventually just threw it away. But then I picked up a tamiya wrx time attack and painted it!

Shortly after I discovered if you want to have a fancy carbon and aluminum mst, just buy the vip version. I spent way more than I expected on some nice upgrades! I got the turnbuckles (still haven’t put on after months), a team dc (I think) carbon fiber chassis conversion, red aluminum mst upper arms, as well as aluminum shocks. At the same time I also replaced the entire electronics set up except for the gyro. If it went an airtronics rx481 to work with my mt44, hobbywing xr10 pro, hobbywing 10.5t motor and a savox sb2263 servo. I also put the motor on top of the chassis as well by rotating the motor mount. After ordering the chassis I was told that they are a waste of money for some reason but hey, it’s carbon fiber and I’m not looking to really compete.

Well now it’s time for the how it forgot to be simple. I had originally planned to put the rest of that body in the secret drift car. However you can see it’s not really going to work and I don’t want to risk having to redo a 15 hour print. So needless to say the plans changed.

See much better figment to this! Plus it gives me an excuse (not that I needed one) for more 3D printed parts!

Now can anyone guess what 3d printed body it’s going to be? I’ll give you a hint for the body and secret car, I chose the body to help show off that amazing looking chassis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2020, 06:56 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: c0bra’s simple drift car that forgot how to be simple

I don't know why, but it looks like a '55 Chevy fender to me....
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:09 AM   #3

Are you printing a Chevy "shoebox"? EDIT: OSRC beat me to it.

I love that WRX body. Tamiya does bodies as good as anybody.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 01-23-2020 at 07:11 AM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #4
RCC Addict

It is a Chevy body, but it will be a 70s blazer from scale3drc. The main body would all be printed now but somewhere along the lines I ran out of filament on the last piece which has a 25 hour print time!!!!

From what I can tell I will need to get a custom carbon fiber chassis made by mp custom rc parts on Facebook. Once I know the full wheelbase of the body I will get one made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote

c0bra’s simple drift car that forgot how to be simple - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
c0bra’s d4 rwd rc4wd hilux drift build! c0bra Non Crawler RC's 41 01-22-2020 10:03 PM
c0bra’s easy rwd drift car c0bra Non Crawler RC's 2 05-17-2018 06:22 PM
Simple Drag car (now with vid) JasonInAugusta Non Crawler RC's 72 04-16-2008 10:43 AM