Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: What a NP Drag it is Getting Old-

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2020, 11:10 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: What a NP Drag it is Getting Old-

Have a set of f & r Atomik carriers in Red coming for it, and the body should be here in a few days. I also ordered the DRC Rear CF Shock Tower and Shock Tower Mount in Red. And I grabbed a set of Red Aluminum shocks, 100mm R and 90mm F from one of the China sellers. Figured I would do a full build out on them and improve their performance and setup limiters etc before the go on. They are also in Red.

I have one set of the P-L body mounts here, but will wait for the other set to show up in a few day for this build as they are the standard size, and the ones I have are the extended mounts. Not sure which one would work better as the body will determine that.

So come this weekend, I should have everything but the new shocks for it, and maybe one or two other bits like a set of CF beadlock rings. Overall, she should be ready to Bang A Gong sooon.

Oh, DRC wheely bar wheels arrived today, also red.

Last edited by Timmahh; 10-16-2020 at 02:23 AM.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2020, 08:06 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Old 10-17-2020, 07:09 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Dress for the girl arrived today.
I'll have to take it up a little bit, change a hem here and there, and then do some dye work before it will be able to final fitted ot the girl.

Shark RC Bodies New No Prep Body - The Scarecrow. Modeled after a 1970 Pontiac LeMans GTO/Judge.

Last edited by Timmahh; 10-18-2020 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:39 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Took a few minutes, about 60 of them lol, and got the DRC Wheely Bar Wheels on. Used a couple pieces of body post as bushings, trimmed them for length, put a hole through the center, then trimmed down the wheely bar spacer/brace so it all fit on the inside as it should. Just need to add the longer rod ends back on the adjusters so I can drop the wheely bar about 1/2 in more.
Carriers should be here Mon or Tuesday.
Also swapped out the crappy Traxxas Servo Saver for a normal Aluminum arm.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:20 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Corrupted Carbon 12 hole Bead Lock Rings showed up today.
Now I have to take the tires apart and get them all taped up well, install the Corrupted Beadlock Rings and then Balance all 4 wheels.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:11 PM   #26
RCC Addict

F & R Atomik Carriers showed up today for the RedShift kit, and the MIP Bandit CVDs showed up for the TARP kit when I get to building it.

Put the Fast Eddy Ceramic Bearings into the carriers and got them installed today. They fit in very well. Snug but not too snug, though it did take a couple of taps to get them fully seated. Nice pieces and their cost is excellent.

Need to get me a little Gorilla Tape so I can tape up the rear slicks.
used a cheap tape to do the foams. Just need to get the adjustable turnbuckles in red delivered and installed, and the tape on the rear slicks, reassemble the rear wheels and get them installed.
Other than that, the only thing left is to determine a paint job and paint the body. Maybe swap out the Servo to a faster unit. Ti or Aluminum screws to drop weight.

Last edited by Timmahh; 10-22-2020 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:16 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Old 10-24-2020, 02:15 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Got some Gorilla Tape and made up some anit-pizzacutter bands, put them on and got the Corrupted Carbon 12 hole cf beadlock rings installed.

Old 10-24-2020, 03:03 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Adj Wheely Bar Links in Red installed.
Pretty much red-eye for the Body except the shocks, which should be here beginning of next week.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:32 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

looking forward to seeing the body
steven318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:44 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven318is View Post
looking forward to seeing the body
Looking forward to figuring out what I am going to do with it. lol

Have one direction I may go, clean and simple, but Sharp. Still looking at options for paint schemes that will go along with the chassis look.

On a side note, should be ready to start the other NP build end of the week hopefully.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:52 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Shocks came in today. Will get the things I need to go through them and get them working the way they should. These are RCAWD (china knockoffs) Aluminum Shocks. Neve used them before, So I'll check them out, and do what needs to be done to get them to become great functioning works of art, and get them installed. 14days to be shipped from chy-na. Not too bad even with the Tariffs.
Bought a set of Lunsford Bandit links from a shop in Idaho from Ebay the same time. Still waiting for them to ship out. lmao

Once the new shocks are ready and installed. I'll be able to turn my attention to the last part of this build, the body.
I am going to look at the various options for mounting it up, and I have a few ideas I'd like to try to implement that are pretty non-traditional mounting setups. May use magnets in a few places.
But I have a set of the Pro-Line body mounts should I need to go that route.

I picked up 90mm shocks for the front and 100mm for the rears. Have some aileron tubing here, along with some silicone fuel tubing to use along with a good variety of shock oils. I do need to get some springs so I have a few more options for tuning, but the spring that came on these chy-na knockoffs and the stock Traxxas springs I have here will be a good start. I do have a few other 1/10 scale springs I can try if need be.

The last thing is Paint Scheme on the body.
As you can see from above, the body I am running on this build is the new Shark RC Bodies Scarecrow, which is a damn nice looking copy of a '70 Pontiac GTO/Judge.
And being this is going on the Chuckworks RC RedShift Drag Chassis, and I went with Red for color, I want to do something including red. Not sure I want that as the main base color, but I am open to ideas. I have one or two thoughts, but what would you do with a body if it was yours?
Old 10-27-2020, 08:37 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Default What a NP Drag it is Getting Old-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
Shocks came in today. Will get the things I need to go through them and get them working the way they should. These are RCAWD (china knockoffs) Aluminum Shocks. Neve used them before, So I'll check them out, and do what needs to be done to get them to become great functioning works of art, and get them installed. 14days to be shipped from chy-na. Not too bad even with the Tariffs.
Bought a set of Lunsford Bandit links from a shop in Idaho from Ebay the same time. Still waiting for them to ship out. lmao

Once the new shocks are ready and installed. I'll be able to turn my attention to the last part of this build, the body.
I am going to look at the various options for mounting it up, and I have a few ideas I'd like to try to implement that are pretty non-traditional mounting setups. May use magnets in a few places.
But I have a set of the Pro-Line body mounts should I need to go that route.

I picked up 90mm shocks for the front and 100mm for the rears. Have some aileron tubing here, along with some silicone fuel tubing to use along with a good variety of shock oils. I do need to get some springs so I have a few more options for tuning, but the spring that came on these chy-na knockoffs and the stock Traxxas springs I have here will be a good start. I do have a few other 1/10 scale springs I can try if need be.

The last thing is Paint Scheme on the body.
As you can see from above, the body I am running on this build is the new Shark RC Bodies Scarecrow, which is a damn nice looking copy of a '70 Pontiac GTO/Judge.
And being this is going on the Chuckworks RC RedShift Drag Chassis, and I went with Red for color, I want to do something including red. Not sure I want that as the main base color, but I am open to ideas. I have one or two thoughts, but what would you do with a body if it was yours?

Hands down White with red accents or Black with red accents. I like to keep things nice and clean

Personally I’d do the springs red just to keep it consistent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 10-27-2020 at 08:41 PM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:55 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Hands down White with red accents or Black with red accents. I like to keep things nice and clean

Personally I’d do the springs red just to keep it consistent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I thought about a blood red base with other accents, but then I got to thinking a Mother of Pearl with 'big flake' and blood red trims/accents is where I am leaning.
Or a Flat Black with Blood Red Trims and Accents, but the white mop would make the blood red just pop.

The shocks are anodized red, So I as thinking the stock Bandit spring being white would set them off a bit, and the springs are pretty quality and would work well.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:00 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Old 11-05-2020, 05:30 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Put a new Dancing Waste in the RedShift.
Reefs 299LP should make her do the Jig easily enough.

Also got a set of Dueces Wild Drag Foams for the Hoosers, and a set of DRC Wheelybar wheel bushings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4duT...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-27-2021, 01:25 AM   #37
RCC Addict

My, it has been a few minutes since I updated.

Quite a few changes on the RedShift been occurring. Waiting on some DRC 1.5* toe plates for all 3 Transmissions in the rigs now.
And some Backyard ceramic bearings for the DRC Tranny for the RedShift. Amain finally has the 3 Revolution RC clutches I back ordered in stock so the rest of the pieces parts should be showing up early in the week. That will leave me at waiting for the Alpha body to get its turn on the machine of the company pulling them for Justin at The Backyard. So that should be here very soon.

Built a TARP O.M.B. 6001 Stage III kit which is a Traxxas based rig.

Probably going to break down and preorder a Losi 22S Drag Camaro, as well as the new Traxxas Slash Drag Truck. Should be interesting to see what they dole out and New and Exiciting. lol

And I am also putting together a DRC Slashdit 13.5 rig.
Got the body for the DRC Slashdit hybrid mounting setup figured out.
Figured I'd Drop a few pics and a quick vid of the body and wing all mounted.

Now its time to trim it all out and get'r ready for colors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7SJU6tYfm0

Last edited by Timmahh; 03-27-2021 at 01:36 AM.
Old 03-28-2021, 03:04 AM   #38
RCC Addict

wings cut. just a little fine sanding to finish it up.

Old 04-19-2021, 10:09 PM   #39
RCC Addict

A couple more on the initial rig. The Chuckworks has her Dress on and mounted in place. Need to clean up the bottom all the way around, getting the body lines just right. Going to open up and clean up the wheel wells. These are the only gripe I have on the body. They are a bit small overall. But they are small enough with the flare, cutting them out wont leave them too open, so long as you pay close attention to your wheels and well placement.

Wing will get built and then installed. Once that is is finished, this gal will be ready to get some colors along with the LCG Slashdit above.
Now if my Alpha Body would show up from the BackYard RC for my TARP Rig, all 3 would be nearly ready for colors to fly.

I have one more body here to do but I am still getting some parts in and finagling things to work as needed for my 4th No Prep build.
This is is a more Scale build I will get into soon. Few more parts for it and it should be at roller status, and ready to get it's body mounted.

This will be another Drag Truck rig, but a Themed rig, but not a Drag Truck Theme, so no farm trucks here.
I have an idea I think would make a Killer Drag Truck and conversation piece, so I figured more one off more scale build would be a great place for this out of place Drag Truck. lol

Anyways. On to a few pics of the RedShift in her new Dress.

What a NP Drag it is Getting Old- - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not enough drag EDGE Electronics 10 12-30-2010 08:34 PM
scx10 honcho no need for DRAG BRAKE?... already has drag... yellowpasta2000 Axial SCX-10 21 01-23-2010 09:28 AM
Longer Steering Drag Link vs. Shorter Drag Link? mann0mann Newbie General 7 05-08-2008 04:14 PM
rc drag anyone??? traylor4x4 Chit Chat 16 09-09-2007 03:34 PM
What a drag... JasonInAugusta Non Crawler RC's 51 06-01-2007 09:10 AM