Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Thinking about the Senton BLX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2021, 06:51 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Question Thinking about the Senton BLX

Hey guys, I've been wanting to pick up a go fast for me and the family for awhile now. We all enjoy running our neighbor's arrma granites when he brings them out. We don't plan on really bashing it. More blasting around and some small jumps. I really like the short course trucks for their looks and ability. After way to much research I think I'm going to go with the Senton 3s BLX. Do any of you guys have one of these rigs? Trying to find out what spares I should pick up right away and/or upgrades that should be done. The forums for this type of rig aren't all that great. So I figured I would ask you guys. Thanks for any help and insight!!!! Have a great day!!!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2021, 11:28 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Thinking about the Senton BLX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Hey guys, I've been wanting to pick up a go fast for me and the family for awhile now. We all enjoy running our neighbor's arrma granites when he brings them out. We don't plan on really bashing it. More blasting around and some small jumps. I really like the short course trucks for their looks and ability. After way to much research I think I'm going to go with the Senton 3s BLX. Do any of you guys have one of these rigs? Trying to find out what spares I should pick up right away and/or upgrades that should be done. The forums for this type of rig aren't all that great. So I figured I would ask you guys. Thanks for any help and insight!!!! Have a great day!!!
I had the previous generation Senton 3S BLX.

I found arrmaforum.com pretty helpful.

I'm pretty sure they improved most of my biggest complaints, so it should be pretty decent now.

Personally, I think trying to take the vehicle up to 50mph is a little nuts. For most of the driving I ended up doing with the vehicle, I think a smaller pinion gear would have been better suited. It's a very easy swap, that I never bothered to do.

If you want to do a lot of on road driving, you will want a second set of tires. The stock tires are very soft, so they will wear fast, and possibly tear a sidewall if pushed too hard on high traction surfaces.

You're going to hit stuff, and crash. In my experience, the Senton was pretty durable, and the bumpers sacrificed themselves to save any catastrophic damage. Spare bumpers would not be a bad idea IMO, though in Florida, you won't have to face the same low temperatures I did in Canada, which make the plastics more brittle.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:21 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
I had the previous generation Senton 3S BLX.

I found arrmaforum.com pretty helpful.

I'm pretty sure they improved most of my biggest complaints, so it should be pretty decent now.

Personally, I think trying to take the vehicle up to 50mph is a little nuts. For most of the driving I ended up doing with the vehicle, I think a smaller pinion gear would have been better suited. It's a very easy swap, that I never bothered to do.

If you want to do a lot of on road driving, you will want a second set of tires. The stock tires are very soft, so they will wear fast, and possibly tear a sidewall if pushed too hard on high traction surfaces.

You're going to hit stuff, and crash. In my experience, the Senton was pretty durable, and the bumpers sacrificed themselves to save any catastrophic damage. Spare bumpers would not be a bad idea IMO, though in Florida, you won't have to face the same low temperatures I did in Canada, which make the plastics more brittle.

I will have to give the Arrma forum a shot. I have no intention on running it 50+ mph. I was planning on picking up the 15t pinion when I buy the rig. Not only for more torque but also lower motor/esc temps and maybe a few more mins run time. It will be ran on dirt and grass 95% of the time. So hopefully I can get a few months out of the stock tires. I definitely see it hitting some stuff and crashing a bit. I will look into some extra bumpers. Thank you for your input brother! It's greatly appreciated!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2021, 06:29 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Talking Re: Thinking about the Senton BLX

Well....... I was going to pick up the Senton in the next couple of days, but I got some unexpected news last night after my daughter's baseball practice. We're going to be adding another little one to our family. SO extremely excited!!!! The senton will have to wait. Much more important things to take care of ahead of getting another rig. Have a great day!!!!
Old 03-03-2021, 07:14 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Well....... I was going to pick up the Senton in the next couple of days, but I got some unexpected news last night after my daughter's baseball practice. We're going to be adding another little one to our family. SO extremely excited!!!! The senton will have to wait. Much more important things to take care of ahead of getting another rig. Have a great day!!!!

Amazing how quickly life / priorities can change! Congratulations on the news of an upcoming family addition.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:40 PM   #6

Congrats on the baby! I have one cookin right now that should be done around the end of April! Lol. My wife let me get another truck so i would have something to tinker with when I’m stuck inside watchin the baby

Phoenixfabworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:24 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Thank you guys! Congrats to you as well Phoenixfabworx! Life and priorities definitely change fast. I wish mine would want me to get a rig to tinker with. Instead I have a honey do list that has grown in size since finding out LMAO! Have a great day fellas!!!

Thinking about the Senton BLX - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Arrma Senton getting a beatdown with the Yeti. Oh How Original Non Crawler RC's 1 11-18-2019 05:58 PM
💥ARRMA Senton 4WD 3S BLX Brushless Short Course RTR - IN STOCK! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 10-11-2019 11:12 AM
ARRMA SENTON WHEEL HEX's Wrecker344 Tires and Wheels 10 01-27-2016 02:21 AM