Old 05-18-2021, 08:35 PM   #21

Default Re: Crawlers Tracked Mower project

Well to be honest some of the stuff was just laying around
Crawler007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2021, 09:16 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Right on dude, what an entrance to the forum! That's bad ass. What tracks are those? I once wanted to do a similar build minus lawn mower. I think Ariens was the brand of track conversion i was going to do it with, but never did. Looks heavy.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Right on dude, what an entrance to the forum! That's bad ass. What tracks are those? I once wanted to do a similar build minus lawn mower. I think Ariens was the brand of track conversion i was going to do it with, but never did. Looks heavy.
Thanks Gula, yeah its heavy its 4'x4'x3' I haven't weighed it but I cant pick up one complete track side by myself. If I was to guess the weight I would say around 250-280lb without the mower.

I looked at those same tracks but they were to small, I even thought about using two of those tracks per side like 4 seperate track units but ended up buying an old Polaris Snowmobile track and drive cogs and splitting the track lengthwise to create two seperate tracks. I had even looked at mini track hoe tracks but they were way to heavy.

The power chair these motors came off of had a max weight limit of 600lb so I should be good on the weight sie of things considering the mowere is really light being battery powered.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:47 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler007 View Post
Losungen thanks for the Tapatalk suggestion, its way easy to post pics straight from the phone!!
NP

And what an awesome project, jealous!
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 11:42 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

I just hope it doesn't breaks down on you, be fun trying to manhandle that. Yeah, mine was going to be a ride on rc tracked toy. Those mobility scooter motors should do ok then if your only at 300 now
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:48 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Such a cool build! I've often had ideas for something similar, badass to see one coming together
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 07:50 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
I just hope it doesn't breaks down on you, be fun trying to manhandle that. Yeah, mine was going to be a ride on rc tracked toy. Those mobility scooter motors should do ok then if your only at 300 now
If it breaks down the motors have a free wheel lever ,then I can just pull it to the garage with the atv.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by grob23 View Post
Such a cool build! I've often had ideas for something similar, badass to see one coming together
Thanks, I've always wanted to buid a battlebot, this is as close as I'll get.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:16 AM   #29
Rock Stacker

Very cool. I built a r.c. snowbot a few years back using electric wheel chair parts. Also mounted a wheelbarrow tray on top which tips using a electric wheelchair seat tilt mechanism. The blade goes side to side and up and down using leg lift motors. Also mounted a wireless backup camera which links to my ipad so I can drive it sitting in the garage.
I used a Sabertooth 2x32 esc to control the tracks, and a Sabertooth 2x25 to control the blade & tilt motors. 6-12v 35ah batteries and mounted a battery charger inside the housing.
Fun stuff.
Gumbajv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:01 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbajv View Post
Very cool. I built a r.c. snowbot a few years back using electric wheel chair parts. Also mounted a wheelbarrow tray on top which tips using a electric wheelchair seat tilt mechanism. The blade goes side to side and up and down using leg lift motors. Also mounted a wireless backup camera which links to my ipad so I can drive it sitting in the garage.
I used a Sabertooth 2x32 esc to control the tracks, and a Sabertooth 2x25 to control the blade & tilt motors. 6-12v 35ah batteries and mounted a battery charger inside the housing.
Fun stuff.
That does sound cool!!
I plan to use the Sabertooth esc as well, thats one of the main reasons why I wanted to post this build here so all you guys with the electronics knowledge could help out, thats one of my weak points. I also plan to make a plow attachment with side to side rams for snow removal this winter. Im going to also make a small 2 wheeled trailer for my trash cans so I can drive them to the top of the driveway in the winter.

So you ran 6 (quantity) 12v batteries??
Old 05-20-2021, 03:45 PM   #31
Rock Stacker

Yes, 6-12v batteries. You could use fewer batteries if you used a bigger amp battery. I think run time will be about 2 hrs. I started out using 4 motors, but it had a huge current draw, so switched to 2 motors.
Sabertooth has a great support staff. I sent them a photo of what I was doing and they suggested which esc and helped with the wiring layout.
I'm using a 6 channel Futaba transmitter.
I used 1 ram for side to side, and 1 ram for up and down. I picked up a Warn 48" blade on the Amazon warehouse discount page for 1/2 price.
Gumbajv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:02 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukiiholic View Post
HOLY COW!! You're building real one.
I thought it would be built from pile of Hodgepodge stuff just laying around.
I was even further off... When I saw the title I was thinking 1:10-1:8 scale RC mower to play around not 1:1!

OP-Sweet project! I would love something like that with FPV system with maybe 3-4 monitors to see whats going on around it incase you dont see it line of sight.
350TacoZilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:07 PM   #33

Had my son draw up some sprockets in auto cad and took them to the local machine shop and had them just them from 1/4 mild steel (2 per side)

Installed them between the guide wheels.
And they worked perfectly!

You can just see them poking through the top of the tracks in this pic.

It now can climb right up the atv ramps onto the bench that’s 4’ high so shouldn’t have any troubles getting in and out of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crawlers Tracked Mower project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mean Lawn Mower...... Norton Chit Chat 1 11-27-2013 04:38 AM
Husqvarna mower?? Constant Threat Chit Chat 13 05-20-2013 08:39 PM
Electric Lawn mower Bluebox Chit Chat 6 03-15-2013 01:04 PM
R/C Lawn Mower/Weedeater SVEN Chit Chat 47 06-25-2012 05:32 PM
Lawn Mower Racing bluechevytuber Chit Chat 5 02-14-2011 06:52 PM