Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Losi 810 Nitro to E-conversion?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2022, 08:48 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Losi 810 Nitro to E-conversion?

Hey all,

I've been out of the hobby for 10 years and have really been wanting to be getting back into it. I'm starting to want to scratch that RC itch again.

I dug up my old Losi 810,which is a discontinued nitro buggy. It's a cheaper buggy, but it was really light and fast and, all in all, it wasn't too bad of a buggy.

However, there are some things that I'd like to change.
  1. It is nitro and that's expensive/finicky, especially price-wise buying nitro fuel today from what I remember back then.
  2. Also, the transmitter and receiver were never great because it always lost signal, the failsafe didn't work, and then the buggy would drive off. I have a hacked FlySky GT3B that I use for my crawler that I could use as a transmitter in this buggy as an option, then buy another receiver to pair with it.
  3. The servos that came with it are trash

I've never done an e-conversion and with a buggy this old, I'm not sure if I should do it or not. You guys will know better than I will, especially after a decade, what the best option would be. I'm not looking for something too crazy, just something fun to bash around with.

Here's my options:
A) Sell it. If so, what could I get for it / is it worth it?
B) Convert it to electric. I'll need lots of help with what parts to get.
C) Buy a new e-buggy, whatever is all the rage these days.

I'm not entirely sure how many advancements have been made in the past decade, but if it hasn't been anything too crazy, I may be inclined to just do an e-conversion. If that's not recommended by you guys, honestly I think buying a cool kit would be fun because RTR electronics are always trash anyway. I'd say my budget is right around $400-500, but don't let that prevent you from recommending options to me if that's prohibitive to getting a good setup.

Thanks for all the help and I'm excited to join such a great hobby community again!
Krawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2022, 11:09 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Losi 810 Nitro to E-conversion?

Check ebay for "value " if you sell. There are many options to convert to brushless. Ebay has motor mount from $20-60 depending on motor size or bling factor. I've bought 3 buggies last year. Cen matrix, ofna 8.5 and a 9.5 and most parts that wear out are still available.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 12:04 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Losi 810 Nitro to E-conversion?

The 810 is the predecessor of the tlr scte line. So doing an e conversion with modern electronics, you may run into issue. Alot of stuff has changed throughout the different generations.

The tlr 8th scales are a beefier version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote

Losi 810 Nitro to E-conversion? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nitro RS4 to Electric Conversion. F1GHTF1R3W1THF1Re. Non Crawler RC's 28 03-12-2011 09:32 AM
Nitro stampede conversion parker88 Non Crawler RC's 0 11-21-2008 01:53 PM
Nitro to electric conversion Der_Meister General Crawlers 7 08-10-2004 06:57 PM